1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Aug 8, 2013 2:16 AM by Bielsalmighty Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: You can make all the excuses you want, but you’re the one who decides how to play the game!

you are not panelized for having a good connection. You are panelized for being a suckey player. get over it. it is not your connection. it is you.

• 51. Re: You can make all the excuses you want, but you’re the one who decides how to play the game!
    Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

COD

Here we sit a day away from starting BO2 and many are speaking as if they hate / love the game. I look forward to the new options, and will kill many. Go about playing the game as you desire, do not listen to anyone's advice, do not imitate others, just do not come here and cry that your getting BEAT and naming your loss through new excuses!

Egotrip7809'

Posted this thread a day before the game launched, I still feel the same about what I wrote. Its all in the players capacity to deal with things, and find a way to improve.

• 52. Re: You can make all the excuses you want, but you’re the one who decides how to play the game!
    Bielsalmighty

I just love all the people screaming about how high bandwidth somehow means they get nerfed, when in fact the game requires such a miniscule amount of bandwidth to run.

Also, if people would realise that broadband 'speed' doesn't represent how fast data moves down the line, rather how much can be (potenttially) moved at once, they'd realise that high speeds mean absolutely sod all as to how well this game will run.

I used to be like that to be fair, until I was straightened out on the subject. The problems people experience in this game are genuinely down to matchmaking. I mean, the initial ping range it searches for is doubled from past titles. That alone ensures a higher proportion of sketchy lobbies. I get the reasoning for it - widen the range of possible lobbies to more effectively pair up evenly skilled people - but sadly in practise I dont think it works at all. No point pairing up evenly skilled players when one sides gonna have enough latency advantage to tip the match in their favour.

I say go back to the older method - search for the best possible pinging lobby. Competitive leanings are all well and good, but to be quite frank competitive gaming belongs on LAN for now. No offence meant to anyone, just the nature of gaming over the internet does NOT lend itself to a level playing field.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next