12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 1:51 AM by sleepyeyes2k2 RSS

How to get open NAT

PalZer0

The game is saying that my NAT type is Moderate. How do I get it to Open (what ports do I need to forward)?

• Re: How to get open NAT

Well just now i port forwarded 3074 for MW3, that made my moderate (wireless) NAT to open, and funnily enough my Black Ops 2 NAT went to open too, this is PC BTW.

PalZer0

If it's 3074 again then that's the same port used for XBL and my router (FritzBox 7390) doesn't seem to free up ports when the device using them isn't being used.

Man I love you. Really. I have been trying to get rid of my "Nat: Strict" since I am playing BO2 and thanks to your post I found a way to do it.

Port 3074 was already opened on my router along with a bunch of other ports I found on the Internet. BUT, as you mentioned XBL, I checked my router and there was a preset for XBL with port 3074, as you said, AND port 88. Now that this port 88 is opened my Nat type is "Open".

Thanks a lot.

PalZer0

That actually worked for me. Had to reboot my router to clear the UPnP port forwarding though.

Treyarch really need to change the network port for the PC version so that it's not the same as the XBL port.

fernyg

http://imageshack.us/f/19/pieceofshits.jpg/

well thats a picture of my ordeal

my nat type is moderate and i dont know what todo at this point

all i know is this, it used to be easy opening ports on my last router

since i upgraded my isp service, they give me this high end piece of sh*t, or at least i dont understand wtf is going on

the router i have is called a sagem 2864

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Sagem/FAST-2864/Call_of_D uty_-_Black_Ops_II.htm

even portforward, the god of portforwarding has deemed i cannot open ports MOTHERF**KIN SH*T!!

in the link above, it says i can only do dmz mode or some other BOLSHIT

but dmz mode is risky, and i asked my isp to open those ******* ports and they tell me they wont do it for security reasons CUZ THEIR F**KIN AS*HOLES FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

also i have high speed, 15 mpbs, 10 upload and yes its a motherf**kin ***** tryin to connect

this router will ruin my black ops 2 experience

somebody help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you should buy another router. It can be really useful and you will no longer need one from your ISP. I recommend you check dd-wrt website, it is an alternative firmware for a lot of modem/routers that offers a lot more possibilities than the stock ones.

I've tried everything I can think of to change my NAT & get multiplayer to work... it'll make it as far as the match loading screen, then drops me like a freaking rock. I'm pretty much out of ideas.

I've got the highest speed internet my local wireless provider offers, and have a Westell 7500 router. any ideas? maybe I'm opening the wrong ports? cause I've got my DMZ enabled, and all my other games work; just not Black Ops >_<

RediKnight

you only need to foward port 3074 and you should be good to go

Did everyone fix thier problems yet with the NAT settings?  I Just bought BO2 and I was able ot fix mine right away.  You do need to open the 3074 port if your PS3 is WIRED, But for my laptop, which is WIRELESS, I had to open port 88 also.  Most routers have a different security setting for wired vs. wireless plus BO2 seems to like to use a different port for each one too.  Try this and see if it works.

Did everyone fix their problems yet with the NAT settings?  I Just bought BO2 and I was able to fix mine right away.  You do need to open the 3074 port if your PS3 is WIRED, But for my laptop, which is WIRELESS, I had to open port 88 also.  Most routers have a different security setting for wired vs. wireless plus BO2 seems to like to use a different port for each one too.  Try this and see if it works.

Been playing BO2 on XBL with open NAT since release date, but just got rid of the 360, and am playing BO2 on PS3.  Of course, same networking setup, only now my NAT level is 3.  I'm DMZ'ing and PF'ing 88, 5223, 3478, 3479, and 3658.  Wireless on a linksys E4200 router, with 12Mb/s dl speed, which is reliable but the best I can do where I am.  All I've gotten for my troubles is lag.  In BO2, the main problem is that I can't chat; in the new Aliens game, I can't even join a game room.  Anyone have any ideas?

Been playing BO2 on XBL with open NAT since release date, but just got rid of the 360, and am playing BO2 on PS3.  Of course, same networking setup, only now my NAT level is 3.  I'm DMZ'ing and PF'ing 88, 5223, 3478, 3479, and 3658.  Wireless on a linksys E4200 router, with 12Mb/s dl speed, which is reliable but the best I can do where I am.  All I've gotten for my troubles is lag.  In BO2, the main problem is that I can't chat; in the new Aliens game, I can't even join a game room.  Anyone have any ideas?