1 45 46 47 48 49 Previous Next 879 Replies Latest reply: Aug 20, 2013 6:54 AM by Chiich22 Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 460. Re: Hardcore Modes

Yes anyone in core can hide behind rocks on regenerate their health all day long.  That bores me.  That's why we need more objective games in hardcore.  I agree FFA and Tdm are camp fests.  I want objectives.  Dom and headquarters to start.

• 461. Re: Hardcore Modes
    Ss78_

Well R.I.P HC FFA it was good while it lasted and I will genuinely miss you. HC KC has been easier than I thought to adapt to as I was already pretty experienced in mw3 core KC.

So stage one is in effect. HC FFA has been removed but would be welcomed back by it's followers in an instant. HC KC has its own playlist and currently it's over 13k which is 10k more than its predecessor.

There is still a lack of objective modes and now I think we'd all like to know, if this is going to happen and if yes how? Does the community have to decide? Is there a limit to the modes that could be in the moshpit? Would search or ctf need to be removed for this to happen?

Your move 3arc.

• 462. Re: Hardcore Modes
    greencoffin72

Everyone should at least read page 2, Vahn's response.  He basically states that they are not going to split up more slots with a limited amount of HC players.

What we as the HC community need to understand is that not all of us are going to be happy until all modes provided in Core are provided in HC.  That isn't going to happen until the numbers for HC rival Core's numbers.

It's simple.

• 463. Re: Hardcore Modes
    Ss78_

I'm sorry but what you're saying is wrong. The HC community easily grasp that numbers are of importance to 3arc. In turn this leads to compromise being currently the only option for both 3arc and the community. There are compromises that could be made to give the HC community more modes available. They've made a change and it's now added numbers so does that create room for discussion for another change?

• 464. Re: Hardcore Modes
    rhenze74

the easiest to win? that makes no sense at all... one person competing against seven others, or having a 50/50 chance to win when its 1 team vs another...

• 465. Re: Hardcore Modes
    lwn7

I'd personally be a little gutted if I did play HC FFA before but the numbers are so small that if we're only allowed four slots, it was the right choice to be removed.

Hardcore KC was the most requested game mode in this thread and has added thousands of people to the hardcore playlists in total.  You can't please everyone all of the time so the next best thing is to please the majority or hardcore players, which they seem to have done.

As for the suggestions on the last few pages that hardcore is now core because there's no respawn timer.. That's just ridiculous as the rule variations are still miles apart.  Although TDM with a respawn timer does offer a better alternative HCKC without a respawn timer.  This is how it was in MW3.

• 466. Re: Hardcore Modes
    maccabi

I'll be honest I was a little surprised we didnt get a moshpit as discussed, but while I get why people are upset about chang the simple fact is the devs have to look at whats best overall for the majority of players, and the facts in this case atm speak for themselves, ffa had usually around 1-1.5k players in it, kc last night was around 12-14k, there are more people in tdm and s&d and ctf seem to be running the same numbers.

What this means is the changes have bought alot more people into the hc playlists which is a good thing.

The more people in the playlists the more chance we have of getting more changes as there is a much healthy player pool now and numbers that show the devs theres a desire to play hc modes.

• 467. Re: Hardcore Modes
    Restore_Hardcore

Come on guys, those of us who enjoyed HC TDM got screwed plain and simple. I know, change without notice and yes, I missed out when they were getting the hardcore communities feedback but it is not fair to change the one little game mode that a lot of us play just to make it more core friendly. Core is fast paced and hardcore required a bit more caution and you got penalized for dying by having to wait a bit. If you don't agree that after this change hc tdm is moving more towards the fast pace of core then I don't know what else to say. I'm not trolling on anyone, I'm a longtime fan of this game but when I order steak from a restaurant and they give me tofu I'm gonna be upset. But tofu is great, it speeds up your metabolism! Uh, I like steak. I liked the original hc tdm. If you want tofu either play core or add another version of hc tdm to the list. Am I the only one who enjoyed the steak Treyarch used to serve us?

• 468. Re: Hardcore Modes
    xXOneMunkXx

I'm not saying that I disagree with you as far as removing spawn timers.  As I've stated a couple of different times, I had no issues with the spawn timers.  Granted I would have liked them to be maybe 7-10 seconds instead of a full 15.  And as I stated previously, I do feel that making changes in a smaller increment so players could adjust could have gone over better.  But at the same time, not everyone is going to be pleased.  Plain and simple.  Each person has their own opinion on how they like things.  It all comes down to compromise and what the developers get for feedback.  They can't (and never will) make everyone happy.  The best they can do is try to make as many people as possible satisfied. 

• 469. Re: Hardcore Modes

Restore_Hardcore wrote:

Come on guys, those of us who enjoyed HC TDM got screwed plain and simple. I know, change without notice and yes, I missed out when they were getting the hardcore communities feedback but it is not fair to change the one little game mode that a lot of us play just to make it more core friendly. Core is fast paced and hardcore required a bit more caution and you got penalized for dying by having to wait a bit. If you don't agree that after this change hc tdm is moving more towards the fast pace of core then I don't know what else to say. I'm not trolling on anyone, I'm a longtime fan of this game but when I order steak from a restaurant and they give me tofu I'm gonna be upset. But tofu is great, it speeds up your metabolism! Uh, I like steak. I liked the original hc tdm. If you want tofu either play core or add another version of hc tdm to the list. Am I the only one who enjoyed the steak Treyarch used to serve us?

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you. The most annoying thing of HC TDM (besides the campers) is the respawn time. Becuase of the respawn time most of the games wouldn't even get to the highest score. I think it was stupid to wait 15 seconds without any reason to respawn, someone complained about been killed 4 times by the same guy running like crazy on the map. Same thing has happened to me when the timer was up, first I waited 5 seconds, then 8, then 15 and finally 8 more; 36 seconds waiting and I couldn't do nothing, I did like I would say to that person, be more aware of the game and you won't get killed. Hard Core means that you don't have any help from maps, you won't see your quantity of amo, neither will you see how many points/kills you need to get your score/killstreak. That is Hard Core, Hard Core is not about waiting 15 seconds on TDM to respawn. I understand that on S&D, which encourage camping because is one life per round, but TDM? No sir, the community talked a lot about it and I think it was a good move.

1 45 46 47 48 49 Previous Next