1 2 3 Previous Next 117 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 5:38 PM by inphact RSS

Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

Hello. I am having a really annoying problem.

When I've been playing for a while, my game will suddenly freeze and come up with the error "the game has stopped responding". When i'm then pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete and try to close the game, my entire PC will freeze and I have to force it to turn off by taking of the electricity power.
Just before my PC completely freezes it said in a pop-up message: "The screendriver was not responding, but was restored".

How can I fix this problem? I have just updated my graphic-card / Screendriver with the latest drivers.

Beside that. Then I got a "probation warning" when I did enter the game after my 8th crash. And it said something like this:  "If I don't finish my games (cuz of crash) I will be placed in probation for a while, and not be able to play public match or league matches"

How is this fair ? It's not my fault that the game doesn't work. I have tried to search on forums, and I am definetly not the only one with this problem.
Please help me, and tell me how to solve this.

- My PC specs is way over what is needed. Beside that I can run BF3, Medal of Honor Warfighter, Diablo3, MW3 etc. without any problems and with highest settings.

• 1. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

You still need to post specs for help. If it's a laptop, they are having issues right now.

• 2. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

I am not using a laptop. But here's my spec:

- INTEL i5 2500K, 4x 3.3GHz (3.6 GHz) - (Unlocked)

- GTX580, NVIDIA GEFORCE

- 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ

- 60GB SSD, OCZ Vertex 2

- 500GB SATA3, 7200 RPM

• 3. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

I am not using a laptop. But here's my spec:

INTEL i5 2500K, 4x 3.3GHz (3.6 GHz) - (Unlocked)
    GTX580, NVIDIA GEFORCE
    4GB DDR3 1600MHZ
    60GB SSD, OCZ Vertex 2
    500GB SATA3, 7200 RPM

• 4. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

Update your BIOS and try again.

• 5. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes
    tonicfan

Its not the BIOS.

You are not alone here Trax

I have the same problem.  I can play for maybe 2 matches and then the game crashes with the same error as above.  It is obvious the game has issues.  I can play any COD game on MY PC and even BF3 and do not have these issues.

Remember when BF3 used to crash in between matches? And update was needed to fix that it seems.  This sounds like something similar, only its during the match.  

I certainly hope these people read these forums more than EA reads theirs to get their game fixed.

Whats worse is that they have the stupid Warnings about leaving the game early.  Its not even my fault that the game is crashing, yet I get the warning and now I can play for "X" amount of time?

What junk!

• 6. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

i have the same problem here.

• 7. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

I had the same issue... updated BIOS and worked like a charm.

• 8. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

It shouldn't really be necessary to update everything on my computer just to play a game, that would be stupid. Considering that I can play every other game perfectly. But I do remember that they had the same issue with Black Ops(1). So no. It's not my BIOS that need to be updated, it's the game that need to be fixed with a patch or something. It's a shame that I have put my money in a game that I can't play. That's a scam !!

But I am glad that I am not alone with this problem, because then I know it's not my pc that have a problem, but the game itself. Some of my clan members did also have a few crashes, but I am really having A LOT.

• 9. Re: Black Ops 2 - Freeze and Crashes

I have the same problem, here are my computer multiple possible settings

Intel i7-2700k CPU 3.50Ghz DDR3-16Gb nvideo GTX 570

1 2 3 Previous Next