9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2012 9:34 AM by RatedM RSS

It's Official Black Ops 2 IS BROKE!

firefighter03

Before you guys start bashing me saying that I haven't given it enough time, let me give you a couple of stats. I consider myself an above average player. Besides skill level, I also have a BenQ gaming monitor with less than 1ms refresh rate, a Scuf gaming controller hardwired into the Xbox, Monster coax cable, Monster ethernet cable, Motorola gaming modem, and a Netgear gamin router. Yes, I take COD seriously. I have invested over $2,000 in my setup alone. My internet connection is 40 Download and 7 Upload. So there is no reason that I should be at a DISADVANTAGE right? At the least I should have a slight advantage.

I have tried every way of getting multiplayer to not lag. I have adjusted the max upload speed in the router to 1MBPS and that is not working either. So regardless of fast upload or slow upload, I am still at least a half a second behind everyone else. I am getting one-shotted left and right. I can put 5 rounds into a player and yet they just graze me with one bullet and I am done. I am not looking for an advantage. I just want the game to be fair. It is unamerican to punish me because I have don't have peasent internet. The American way would be that I have paid my dues and put myself in a position to succeed at this game but yet I am the bad guy. The bottom line is this: Activision would love to have everyone in the world buy a copy of Black Ops 2. In order to do this they have to embed some sort of code that gives a disadvantage to guys like me so that the peasent internet people will do well at the game and then go tell their peasent internet friend to buy it so that they can play together. Activision knows (for now) that I will buy a copy every year no matter what. They could care less about the die hard fans. They want to get new sales and the only way to do that is by making the noobs feel like they are dominating the game when in reality they're not.

This might be the last COD I purchase. Until Activision does what is right and quit punishing the people that built their franchise, I am not sure I can continue to support them. It's been a fun ride but it's probably time that we part ways. MW2 will always be the best COD because of hit detection and lack of lag compensation. Who knows I may show up at next years COD convention and ask directly what has been done to fix the lag compensation. I gurantee you they will avoid the question because they don't want people to know that they are not going to do anything about it.

• Re: It's Official Black Ops 2 IS BROKE!

you need to invest in a life hahahahah

i don't know what you're doing, but i have had a few laggy matches that's it.

And i don't support your whole peasant american BS. Unamerican..tisk,tisk

Consider yourself lucky to have $2000 to spend on uneeded items. Some people can't even feed their children.

Explore the world once, then see how lucky you are to live where you are.

mjw3786

there is no reason that I should be at a DISADVANTAGE right? At the least I should have a slight advantage.

I am not looking for an advantage.

lmao

JackanCoke

I agree 100% This game would be so bad ass if I was not a second or two behind everyone else. Please go back to MW2 connection days. When No one got punnished for having a better connection then someone else. When 1 guy had the advantage because he was host, not a whole team. I think Black ops 2 is by far the best cod since MW2 but this **** where I have to unload a whole clip to kill someone or they just turn and kill me with 2 bullets. Fix this **** and it will be epic. Please Fix this. I should not have to download movies on piratebay wile im playing just to have a better connection. I understand you want the noobs and the part time COD players to get more into the game but dont punnish the veterans!

CowboySr

The Host lag comp is worse in this game then MW3. These developers have screwed up these games. There was a thread that was hundreds of pages long on the MW3 site complaining about lag comp. Therefore 3arch decided to make it even worse.     That said its not like yore the host every match, alothough I seem to get it a lot.   My real problem with this series just came to a screaming halt.  The UAV unless youre sprinting feature is the dumbest feature ever put into a game. F**k why dont we just change the screen to one giant map with dots all over it and make the mini map what we'd normally see on the screen up in the corner. You dont have to aim anymore in the see games anyway.

get a better internet provider

Tick7

In theory, the introduction of lag compensation was designed to prevent players like you gaining an unfair advantage over the average player - let's face it, your setup is far better than ours. Also, for someone who has played CoD religiously and takes it seriously, I find it odd that you haven't figured out the golden truth about Call of Duty - that average connections are the best connections

More on point - it might just be that your on the wrong end of the lag compensation code right now. Keep in mind that servers aren't up, and analyzing and making conclusions about things like lag and connectivity shouldn't really occur until at least the servers are up and running optimally - which for the record, they aren't (Defcon 3 right now).

Also - if you are considering quitting Call of Duty, just go ahead and do it. Gets one less whiny brat off of our case.

firefighter03 wrote:

It is unamerican to punish me because I have don't have peasent internet. The American way would be that I have paid my dues and put myself in a position to succeed at this game but yet I am the bad guy. 

I laughed so hard at this jingoistic nonsense. FYI it's a networking issue, please don't turn it into a Fox news report about your "values" being attacked. Jeeeesus.