1 2 3 Previous Next 191 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 3:59 PM by NoicePlams RSS

"Error occurred while trying to find session, please try again"

I, a number of friends and countless people online seem to be stuck in an error loop which, when you try to find any public match, the screen flashes then quits back to the "Multiplayer" menu, with the error: "Error occurred while trying to find session, please try again".

This started happening for me after a lobby was closed due to not being able to connect to the host.
It happened to a friend after he left a lobby to join me in a party.

I was able to join a friend who was already in-game but was not able to join them in a lobby or into a party.

This does not affect: League matches, Custom Matches, Local matches or Zombies mode.

The error seems to be linked with a PSN ID. Signing in to a different ID on the same Playstation solves the problem (at least until the problem reoccurs for that ID too). Signing in to an affected ID on a new Playstation, the problem persists.

I have tested on two different internet connections and reset the PS3 a number of times - the problem is in-game not with the network.

This is obviously a huge issue, as it's only a matter of time until everyone is locked out.

1. IF YOU ARE ALSO HAVING THIS EXACT PROBLEM ON PS3, AND CANNOT CONNECT, PLEASE REPLY.
  2. IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN WHAT YOU DID JUST BEFORE IT HAPPENED IT WOULD HELP THE TECH TEAM FIND THE SOLOUTION FASTER.
  3. PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES SHORT SO THE TECH TEAM CAN EASILY SCAN THROUGH REPLIES.
1 2 3 Previous Next