28 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 12:45 PM by thebigb82 RSS

Spy plane spamming

Thesandman

I have been in a few matches with constant spyplane spam,but yet can't use Ghost to at least level 50 or 55. I feel this to be a little unfair,as spyplane is a default unlocked streak, but i suppose the sames applies to everyone. I feel the don't show up unless stopped is complete BS. I want to snipe,so now i can't be hidden with the Ghost perk enabled. Stealth is a legitimate gamestyle,but yet we have, ghost,blindeye,cold blooded. How many times does stealth have to be broken up to appease rushing red dot chasers?

• Re: Spy plane spamming
    TexasVic74

I hear ya Sand, I too think level 50+ for ghost is extreme. I don't Snipe much but when I do I need protection. Though I will add that quick scoping is already worse than MW3 because of how steady you aim/ hold a sniper rifle. Did you notice how long you can hold your breath whilst looking down the scope? Unreal!

KILL THE ENEMY! QUIT LETTING THEM GET BACK TO BACK KILLS.

Because crying about it wont help.

Quit trying to get this game nerfed ALREADY!

When you prestige use your unlock on it and you will be fine. Or wait it out for one or two weeks and it will stop spamming(Until the Christmas Noobs).

sennalike

Well although I used Ghost previously, I'm not bothering with BO2, the UAVs aren't around long enough to provide more than a rough idea where the enemy is.  As for the theory before release that camping was dead, boy that couldn't be further from the truth.  I've seen more proper "corner" campers in the last 24 hours than I saw during the whole year in MW3.  I'm not complaining, each to their own and all that, just making my observation from what I have seen.  Sniping is possible, seen two snipers in 20 games!  Neither got a one hit kill, and when I tried it I couldn't either.  Not a single quick scoper, which is good news.

TexasVic74

Man you are lucky then because I was playing Demolition last night and came upon two clans that had 3 of the 6 (at least) quick scoping and it was awful. The guys were like 18 and 1, 22 and 2, etc. Jumping around like fools and QS the crud out of everyone. Several times I was camping at a Demo site and saw the guys across the map, shot at them, got hitmarkers, saw them hide, they stood up, i got a few more hitmarkers, they hid again, they stood up and BANG I am dead. One shot kill. Watched the killcam and sure enough I was QS'ed.

This is just one example, there are plenty of others and I am sure there will be more to come.

One of the default classes has ghost.  Its a trade-off, and a very good one.  You have things at your disposal to help against UAVs, but it seems like the issue is that you are VERY dependent on 1 perk.  If you continue to play BO2 like it's MW3, you're french-frying when you should be pizzaing. 

If you french-fry when you're supposed to pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.

kastro187420

CaptainHammer420 wrote:

One of the default classes has ghost.  Its a trade-off, and a very good one.  You have things at your disposal to help against UAVs, but it seems like the issue is that you are VERY dependent on 1 perk.  If you continue to play BO2 like it's MW3, you're french-frying when you should be pizzaing. 

If you french-fry when you're supposed to pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.

The problem isn't being reliant on one perk, it's having that one perk available as a viable counter to the constant spy-plane spam.

Unfortunately, treyarch listened to the Youtube personalities too much, and pretty much turned the game into "Radar Always On", because any other way makes it too hard for people to get their montage clips for youtube.

Vahn used to have the view of "This ain't Pacman", but it seems he's done a heel-turn on that position. We now have Spy Planes a default unlock, Counter UAVs as a mid-level unlock, Ghost as one of the last level unlocks, and I can only imagine at what level the stinger equivilent is unlocked at.

Combine that with Motion Sensors, Wall-hack scopes, and Target-Finder Scopes, they've pretty much designed this game around red-dot chasing, requiring very little work to actually find people. Effort has gone out the window in favor of making the game easier.

I'm just glad I didn't waste any money on the game. Everything I've heard and seen since release simply reaffirms my belief that this series is done for as far as "Quality" goes.

TexasVic74

For sure this game is no longer stealth/ ghost friendly. That I will agree with 100%

the stinger equivalent is unlocked almost immediately

Hunter killer drones and some other killstreaks also take out UAVs

you can also use UAVs against the people using them by baiting them around corners into a situation where you have the advantage in the gunfight even if they do know where you are. 

I did not have 1 class in MW3 that didn't have assassin on it.  Now I will not have a single ghost class in BO2 because of all the effective counters to UAVs.

I didn't mean to imply that you were unable to adjust, so I'm sorry if it came off that way.  I encourage you to try out that launcher though, it's like a stinger on steroids.

Dyablo91

I see far to many people moaning about this topic, I have a solution however. where you prestige (which I'm assuming the majority of you will) you will be given a perminate unlock token (I'm sure u see where I'm going with this lol) just unlock ghost then and you will always have it. I done it for the AN-94 because u unlock that at like lv54 or 55

die5el302

I think its great tbh now you cant sit in the corner camping to get kills. Corner lickers need to play something else. I hope treyarch leaves it as it is and not listen to the cry babies on this forum who thinks everything is overpowered if you dont like how the game plays play something else. Stop trying to fook the game up for everyone else. Every cod game you cry babies have fooked up with nerf this nerf that ,crying because you cant sit in corners CLAIMING you cant snipe now

Thesandman

SO now im lying and you who has a few post here tries to put words in my mouth. I like to snipe,and be hidden. If i wanted to corner camp,i would have said so. Also i never said nerf. Nerf is to make weaker and buff for stronger. You say that im a crybaby and people who think like me are. You do realise that it was crybabies who got the perk weakened. Why hate stealth? It is a legitimate game style as it would be in real combat. Next time READ my posts before pitting in words i didn't say.

ChestSplittah

How can it be unfair, when you can spam too? It would be unfair for those that buy the game after some months go by and a lot of people already have Ghost. Silly is silly.

Launchers do wonders, bro.

zvers

I agree but I have been in games where there are MANY spy planes up at once. You only have so many rockets.

On another note, I found the Shock Charges to be VERY useful, especially with my play style. They can at least alert you that someone is sneaking up on you and it does shock them giving you a leg up IF you pay attention. Also, bouncing betty's are nice too. People need to adjust what equipment they is theo nly issue. This is a different CoD and it's not hard to figure out. Give it a try OP, you will be VERY surprised!

Pitch_Fork_Devil

I hate it also but it does help eliminate camping to an extent so I can bare.

ChestSplittah

Most people wanted gameplay to go back to CoD4 and W@W... Well now we have it back.

I don't know, maybe I'm just weird, but I'm glad that ghost comes later, and I'm glad that the UAV comes early just as much as I'm glad that it has a counter, like anything else in the game.  For one, there is balance, for two there is less reliance on camping and uselessness. With the change to scorestreaks over killstreaks, even more so...the changes force you to be active now, to play objectives, and to be more team oriented (the UAV is a GREAT team item, and the sat even more so). I don't mind snipers, and I'm all for people playing the way they want to, but I can't stand game mechanics that encourage stagnant play and camping and selfishness...if people want to hide in corners and stare down their scopes, free for all is great, but don't waste my time in an objective-based game mode just laying on the ground or staring out of a window when you could be actually helping us win...,

Well said. I play a lot of Domination and in most maps snipers don't do the team a lot of good unless they are truly defending a flag (which most people don't).  They typically set up at a choke point on a map and attempt to get kills.  In some games their only flag capture is the very first one to start the game.  Not that sniping cannot be useful in Dom, because it can, but most snipers I see aren't providing much team support.

Well said. I play a lot of Domination and in most maps snipers don't do the team a lot of good unless they are truly defending a flag (which most people don't).  They typically set up at a choke point on a map and attempt to get kills.  In some games their only flag capture is the very first one to start the game.  Not that sniping cannot be useful in Dom, because it can, but most snipers I see aren't providing much team support.

Hot-Wire

I don't see the problem.  Everytime I see one above me, I either shoot it down with a rocket or hack it with my black hat.

wrecku

Whenever I see a spy plane I call my mom and she shoots it down for me. It does take her some time to get down to the basement though.

thebigb82

also the C-UAV isn't unlocked till Rank 33 yet the perk to counter that is unlocked earlier, makes no sense