14 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2012 6:25 PM by Extreme-PRO-Gamer RSS

ANYBODY FROM THE UK PLEASE READ IMPORTANT

Extreme-PRO-Gamer

CAN I GET A REFUND FROM THE GAME STORE IF I GIVE BACK MY BLACK OPS 2  HARDENED EDITION BACK AS IT IS USELESS AS MY CODE HAS ALREDY BEEN USED?

• Re: ANYBODY FROM THE UK PLEASE READ IMPORTANT

You'll get a store credit at best, you are probably best raising a complaint with the retailer or activision as I've read this has happened to loads of people!

Extreme-PRO-Gamer

TBH ITS POINTLES I CBA WITH COD ANYMORE, I AM AN ELITE PLAYER AND I PAID £70 FOR **** ALL... SORRY FOR CAPS MATE

No worries. I love black ops1 .. only had it a year, just got to know the maps & become an average player. Now I have to learn new maps & perks, and deal with all the server issues, but I'm gonna stick at it, cuz I have faith in the game. It's early days for the servers don't quit man, add me (abakazoo) (PSN & 360)

r_flinchy

Hi there,

I am in the process of seeking further information concerning this error. Today I spent over 4hours with a customer service agent taking photographic information and proof that I have a code that has already been redeemed by someone other than myself.

I attempted to use my code on PSN only to be informed that the code has already been redeemed. I contacted Sony, who confirmed it was used on Tuesday at 01:32 by a user in Germany. Well unfortuantly for Activision I have proof that my sealed hardened edition arrived by signed delivery at 11:00 the following day, as such, they must have provided duplicate codes.

My case has been forwarded to someone more senior and was told to expect a reply within 24hrs (I'm not entirely convinced this will occur but here is to wishful thinking). However if I have any information I'll pass it along.

To answer your question, it's unlikely you'll get a full refund, but do send Activison an e-mail using the support link at the top of the page. Send them as much information as possible, where it was brought, when, did you pre-order?, the BLES code of the game (found on the back of the game manual). All of this might help track down what has happened.

The agent sounded quite confident that somethign would be done to resolve the issue and award me a new code, but as I said, I'll be posting either my findings here, or on Watchdog and the BBB.

I'm taking mine back to Game tomorrow, getting a normal edition and saving myself £20 in the process. The way we've been treated is disgraceful, no official acknowledgement of the error on their part or an apology. Enough is enough.

This is something i'd usually let go but, seeing as i was also misled over the 'exclusivity' of Nuketown Zombies i shall be exercising my rights under the Sales of Goods Act.

sennalike

Good luck with the Sale of Goods Act, it excludes software I'm sorry to say.

If you can prove there is a fault with the disk itself then you have a case, but the software on the disk can be complete garbage and there is nothing you can do.  Not sure where the "duplicate" codes stands on this though???

paul_uk-77

i got offerd £30 trade or 27 cash back for my h.e wasent gonna take that

if i did then 1 hour later it be back on the shelf for £50 - 60

proper ripoffs

ProSnipes12302

Again with this my code had no issues so go where you got the game from or email them easy

mulderman

Hi Guys, just wanted to let you know that I purchased the 'Hardened Version' and since receiving it my dlc code kept coming up as INVALID within the Redeem codes section of the Playstation store.

I have been trying ever since early Tuesday morning (13th).

I have been following all the posts and was ready to join in with a rant of my own, however I just tried the code again, and would you believe it - Its now accepted !

I have downloaded all four pieces of the DLC and I'm good to go !!!

However, the Numbers on the rotor coin still don't work on the Activision site, kind of ironic that they cant even get their own servers to accept the correct codes!. Will keep trying and will let you know if I have a success, but until then , get logged on to the PS store and try your codes again !

Cheers

Mulderman