11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 5:55 AM by JuvanXXI RSS

Problems with Black Ops 2 on the PC.

Hello everyone!

Before I start, yes my laptop exceeds the requirements for the game, my graphic card is good enough to run the game, I have downloaded the Nvidia beta drivers for Black Ops already.

I searched for fixes and tips for the past few days, but I just wasnt able to fix these issues for me, hopefully you guys can help me:

1. Campaign loading times - Every mission takes fifteen minutes to load. There is just a black screen and the black ops 2 logo in the bottom right corner and the mission loads for a really long time, then I can play normally. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Multiplayer - I connect to the main menu, everything runs smoothly when suddenly the screen freezes for three minutes. Then everything works as it should.

3. Multiplayer, The game finds a lobby extremely fast, the loading screen comes up, everything looks great. It starts to load, and it keeps loading for about eight minutes, then the screen goes black, I get kicked and the following message appears: "You have been disconnected from the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 servers. How is this acceptable?

If you need the specs of my laptop I will post them, but i checked everything and I can also run games like skyrim on high settings without lag.

Is there anyone who has found fixes for these issues?

Best regards,

Mike

• Re: Problems with Black Ops 2 on the PC.

I have the exact same problem. I have a very good computer, made for gaming actually, and I have done everything you have as well.

It is beginning to get very annoying. After all it is basically like throwing money into the wind. From a closer inspection, I believe it is actually a bug in the files for this game that only affects a small percentage of players, but is pretty serious. I really hope they patch this.

Also, here is just some proof off of a good, trustworthy, accurate site that checks your computer's ability to play a certain game. As you can see, my computer is well beyond capable of playing the game, so it is most likely the coding, not the computer.

For starters, few games are made for laptops. The architecture of laptop components is very different than a PC. Even if you have a discrete graphics card, the throughput on the card is only about half what that same model card has on a desktop. That may be enough to run some games if the card itself is a fair bit over the system requirements, but if you are barely at min spec, forget about it. You'll be lucky to get it to run at all.

Same goes for RAM and the CPU. The FSB on a laptop is typically lower than a desktop, and the CPU is often throttled as part of the laptop's powersaving features. The hard drive is powered down to save power as well. All of these things can cause slow loading to occur on a laptop, but once in game, things will run smooth.

Not saying this is necessarily the cause of the problems that you are having, just that you should be aware that this is to be expected when trying to run a newer game on a laptop.

LoHxScarFaceKid

i have the same problem and just with this game i have been playng others cod with no problem from cod 4 to mw3 with no problem only im having a very hard time connection into the bo2 server

LoHxScarFaceKid

i have the same problem and just with this game i have been playng others cod with no problem from cod 4 to mw3 with no problem only im having a very hard time connection into the bo2 server

I also problem to run.. My PC requirements ok. game also run . when the game run before start action game was closed.. please tell sollution anyone...?

Im a nube...   but I have the same problems

My setup: i7-3770k, 16GB, using i7 4000 dedicated 1GB ram, Windows 8, asus Maximus V

1. Campaign loading times - Every mission takes fifteen minutes to load. There is just a black screen and the black ops 2 logo in the bottom right corner and the mission loads for a really long time, then I can play normally. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Multiplayer - I connect to the main menu, everything runs smoothly when suddenly the screen freezes for three minutes. Then everything works as it should.

Yep, same problem here.  I only freeze for about 1 minute here

3. Multiplayer, The game finds a lobby extremely fast, the loading screen comes up, everything looks great. It starts to load, and it keeps loading for about eight minutes, then the screen goes black, I get kicked and the following message appears: "You have been disconnected from the Call of Duty Black Ops 2 servers. How is this acceptable?

yes, exact same problem...  but only ~4 minutes, not 8 for me..

Alright guys, I have found a fix for the problem!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLOJW0qBRxw

Made a short video on how to fix it!

Hope it helps you out (: