10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 3:19 AM by Mmacola1 RSS

SMR?  What is the point?

asianman12

It's just sucks.  Really.  It's RoF is terrible. There is no point to this gun the way things are connection wise. I can push my trigger faster than the gun allows.  The FAL has a faster fire rate and better recoil yet you get it earlier.  Did 3Arc even play test these guns before figuring out which ones should go where?  It doesn't seem so seeing as the crappiest weapons get unlocked last.

• Re: SMR?  What is the point?
    codchamp

Asainman. Just like all COD games. You dont always get the best guns unlocked later. i dont think it was ever intended that way. If you remember in MW2, the unlock for 70th was the RPG and in world at war it was the carbine at the top. It is just how the devs have decided to put the unlocks in the game. Why should scavanger be such a high unlock in this game?

I prefer the SMR ovver the FAL, so i dunno what you're getting at. RoF isn't the point in semi auto rifles, if it is, use a full auto -_-

The SMR feels a lot better to play with, especially with a red dot. It doesn't feel as bouncy and seems better at long range.

Wanna talk about worthless weapons, try the shotguns.

asianman12

Considering that this game has such terrible connection issues at the moment, the slower rate of fire makes the SMR useless since you cannot get off enough bullets before the dude with the Chicom gets 40 of his out.

That would be the case regardless of lag, and surely that's the point.

Semi auto's are made for firing from the back of the map and needing less hits for a kill.

I'm sure you could say that the FAL could be used rambo style because of it's RoF, but in turn i'd say, why bother? You may as well just use a full auto. I don't care if you're one of those trigger finger experts that have been doing it since the G3, there are mediocre full auto weapons that will still outgun you.

asianman12

Then what is the point? That is what I have been asking since day one.  I asked this about the Executioner as well.  What is the point of wasting space on a game with useless guns when you have ones that will dominate all of them anyway?

What difference does it make though? People WILL find the greatest guns and use them. Do you want the devs just to put one gun in each class and that's it? No, that would be dull.

Also, you're point about the SMR is null. What it lacks in RoF, it makes up in range. The FAL can only 2 shot at 55 ft ( or metres, dunno what is used ). The SMR kills at 155.

So there you go, the SMR has a use. Oddly enough its usage is part and parcel of the semi auto rifles playstyles.

Enjoy run and gunning your FAL while i 2 shot you across the map.

Noob_Lyncher

The RoF is sucky for the Fal as well. I actually seem to shoot a tiny bit faster with the SMR. I just hate how there's a firing cap on the semi-auto ARs. I have a fast trigger finger, and when i'm raping the trigger, the firing cap doesn't register a lot of my presses, which means I fire slow. I've started hitting the trigger a little slower than I usually do, and I can shoot faster as long as I don't press to quickly. It's crap. If they wanted to stop people from using modded controllers, just ban them, and don't screw with people who play the game fairly. Thanks to the low firing cap, and lag comp, I can't even use the semi-autos anymore.

codchamp

yes it is just random.With the exception of a few things save for later. Items like tac inserts and now the ghost equivalent perk