21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2012 3:15 PM by WOrkYaBass RSS

This game needs fixing. Now.

Honestly, Treyarch, how could you release the game in this state?

The hit detection on shotguns is bollocks, the spawning even worse than Modern Warfare 3. Target Finder is the worst attachment ever conceived, it only promotes constant camping. The maps are cluttered and damn small. And the servers are horrible. It feels like I'm fighting against the game, not against actual people. I really wanted to like this game, but yeah, mostly the spawns actually screw up any enjoyment that you can have in the game, at least for me.

Fix the spawns and the servers, Treyarch, or you've just lost another customer.

• Re: This game needs fixing. Now.
    Glenrose

3 days in and already have crying.  Figures.  I find this 100 times better than MW3,  its actually playable.  MW3 I quit playing 6 months ago due to all the lag issues.  The only problem Im having with this game is who it pairs me up with.  Being right in the middle of Tx and all the people that play in the states, theres no reason I should always get matched up with Canada, Spain, Japan, and Mexico.  Mexico I understand but the reat I dont.  Already been through my entire system with xbox, and all ip adresses, and everything they check are in the US, so my match making is due to this game.  Other than that, I find the game great, and very playable.

You must be playing a different game then.. I have played it for ten hours now and especially on Hijacked, I just keep spawning within a maximum of two seconds of the closest enemy.

Also, I guess my superpower must be my ability to get six to seven shots on someone only to die in one bullet (on my screen) by them.

Like I said, it's not even close to playable for me and I am not the only one experiencing this.

I don't want to complain, but these are issues that need to be sorted out.

I'm getting spawned into enemy killstreaks, in the scopes of enemy snipers, on grenades and other things like that. I thought this game was supposed to be fun, but I'm getting screwed so often I always go negative because of bullshit and enemies dropping me in one bullet.

GGPneumo

Yes, I think there is no denying that there are some things that could be fixed or at very least improved. Some of the spawns in objective game types are absolutely ridiculous, and don't take into account the general areas of presence by different teams. Additionally, there seems to be some lag compensation issues and it seems that there is now either a problem with most guns' hit-boxes or they've been drastically reduced from MW3. I get there are going to be problems with releasing a new game and you're not going to please everyone, but a statement from someone at Treyarch to address these issues would be good, so we can grasp an idea of them understanding some of the issues that are out there.

I am hearing $500 MILLION in sales in less than a week ... don't know ... but, I just paid $65 last night and have YET to connect online ... always says the server isn't available ... my NAT type is set to open ... MW2 and MW3 both connect flawlessly and stay connected ... so it is definitely a Treyarch issue, this is RIDICULOUS

Well, I'm nearing my first Prestige, so I've got my achievement and after that I will never play this again. Too much ****, screw you Treyarch, screw you. This game ******* sucks and has more issues than all the previous CoD's combined together.

the spawning sucks. period

its not really very life like when some douche magically appears behind you and shoots u in the back.

the maps are all the same and it caters only for the SMG players.

not to mention the inconsitency of conection.

Another thing, I just ******* died due to the aim assist in the game. I was shooting a guy and the aim assist dragged me away from the one I was shooting at. Never happened to me before in any CoD. What is this Treyarch? Sequels are supposed to be an improvement. And at least have the decency to reply to this post.

myself I LIKE THE SPAWNING  i was on a raging kill streak, got shot in tha back, spawnned in enemy spawn, killed two set up a sentry gun, which helped me kill the rest, then took over there spawn. dont believe watch the video amneshia4913 xbox360

i have been getting lower in level, when i got to level 54 and then got derank to 44 i played a bit got to 46 and then again was derank to 44 i dont get why this is happening

I have been scratchin my head trying to figure out why I cant get a good connection to the system servers and why I have so many games where I cant kill anyone even unloading an entire clip into the enemy but I get killed in one shot. I have rebooted my equipment, fought with my wife about her being on the internet while I was playing, argued with my IP service. Now I know why and am truly disappointed with the "Quality" of this game.

i agree with most your point, but they made a attatchment for campers, you can blame treyarch for a lot off things, campers not one of them.. I havent been able to log in since sunday ,4 days ago... be glad you can still play..lol      if i see cod bo2 server not available at this time , my flat screen going to eat some remote.. if feel your pain

well for the people who cant connect to online because the server is not avalible that also happend to me but i found a solution go to memory press <Y> and clear your system cache for some reason it works my friends did it and it also worked for them try it see if it works but hopefully they will fix this from bo2's side.

hmmmm it definately seems to be getting worse rather than better...i found it near unplayable last night due to the lag fullclip no kill situation. i had to laugh in the end. i was on Highjacked and followed someone into the boat, unloaded clean into the back of the head/back and nothing. 5 hit markers and nothing. he turned round and one shotted me. crazybad....ah well, theres other games and i might give it a rest til the situation improves plus i miss the mental carnage of mw3 dropzone ;-)

I have a great connection.  Every other cod game I have played I never have ping issues.  I am always 4 bars, this one I am lucky to get 2 yellow ones now.  How can I be fine on every other game, but this one my ping is horrible?  I will turn a corner and know i am being followed, sit there...the dude will turn the corner and shot me before I can pull the trigger.  How is the lag this bad?  How for the first two days I could not connect to the server?  How is no one answering these questions?  I love how they dont care after the game is released.

ok for the bad connection problems i also found a fix when your online you can select preferences for searching for games it might take a while but if you set it to find games olny with good connections you will only be in games with GOOD CONNECTIONS and it worked for me

This game is simply an absolute heart breaker for me.  I have a great connection (hard wired) and consider myself to be a decent gamer.  This game seems like it was thrown together as fast a possible and never really beta tested.  The spawns are an absolute nightmare.  The games' ability to pick winners and losers during a firefight are nonsensical.  I find myself unloading a whole clip on an enemy (Core) only to be killed with one perfect shot to the head.  It feels like I am always a split second behind when attempting to shoot an enemy, resulting in my demise 95% of the time.  I also notice many of the enemies have the ability to run or walk right through a stream of machine gun fire without one hit marker.  It is also nearly impossible to aim while firing my weapon, and it seems the best method to dodge my gunfire is to either jump in the air or run in a "side to side" fashion while firing and (surprise) results in my death even though I am in a still firing position.  (99.9% sure that it is nearly impossible to accurately fire a weapon while jumping or running in a "real life") The grenades are almost usless along with the fact that the range in which they can be thrown is laughable.  It's too bad that Treyarch is not scrambling to fix these issues.  I'm going to give this game another month and then I will sell it to salvage a small percentage of my $80 investment.  After that, I will never invest in anything baring the Treyarch label again. 

Message was edited by: ZURNnBURN

I am about to be prestige 2, not had any issue with the game other than spawns and camper... They do need to fix the spawns, but ther than that black ops 2 is better than any shooter i have ever seen... I even have a sucky internet and don't have the issues everyone else is complaining about... Guess I'm just good at this game...

definatly needs fixing....... i love the game. i go 38 and 6 on some teamdeathmatches and 20 and 15 on others. major lag problems. server full alot. and my most recent and frustrating issue: My girl and i were killin foos in a team deathmatch on the same 360 console, we lagged out of a game AND!!!!! My kdr went from 1.5 with over 2k kills to a .5 with 800 kills, which was my girls......  SO MY LITTLE PIECE OF THE DATA BASE WAS OVERWROTE BY MY GIRLS DATABASE...... major security flaw. being a computer science major, i can empathize and accept some of the nuances overlooked, however!!!! MY DATA SHOULD ONLY BE ACCESSED BY ME, NOT SOMEONE LOGGED INTO MY XBOX AT THE SAME TIME AS MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE FIX. OH AND THANX FOR THE ABILITY TO RESET MY STATS AT PRESTIGE, BUT I LOOK LIKE A **** AT FIRST PRESTEGE WITH ZERO KILLS