6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2012 1:09 PM by Steve2589 RSS

Updates

Steve2589

So I see the version number for multiplayer on Xbox going up but it would be nice to know what's changed/fixed? In particular, I'm interested to see if anything has been done to the lag/connection problems.

• Re: Updates
    Ss78_

My experience online is only getting worse. Sorry to say it but if this continues I'll be very disappointed.  I was able to point and shoot and then die, it's moving up to just point. It won't be long before I hit a 0.01 win as their is just no point in playing when you can't get kills except a few lucky smaws and bouncing betties.

Why bother calling the matchmaking choice best when it clearly isn't.

AudibleTuna

That counter in the top right corner is actually how much kibble they've fed the gerbils that are running their servers. Looks like it's up to 20.144.27 pieces.

AudibleTuna

The next question that comes up is.... WHY THE HELL HAVE THERE BEEN SO MANY CHANGES ALREADY

And the following question is, Did they anticipate that their matchmaking system would blow more than a corner prostitute? So they have hundreds of semi-workable versions of the system

20.144.27 is the magic number. One can only assume there's a 20.143.27, or a 20.144.26...

I'm satrting to think CoD's success was more luck than anythign else.

Decent games in the beginning and then CoD4 came along and just happened to nail most things right by chance.

Then IW got stripped of it's talent and now Treyarch et al. are just riding the wave that the best titles, now years in the past, created the ripple for.

Steve2589

Yesterday I thought the game was being really good however today it's gone back to being unplayable. What the hell happened? No joke for 20 games straight it was great, no problems at all. Now I can't get a single game where there's no overpowered lag compensation or poor connections. what annoys me the most is that I haven't seen a single acknowledgement from Treyarch which I think is unacceptable