1 2 3 Previous Next 139 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 9:09 PM by XvG-AkrOs-- Branched to a new discussion. RSS

PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

Foxhound-Pro

Patch Notice

The latest patch was distributed on 11/17/2012.

Goal of the Thread

- Collect information regarding the console shutdowns.

- Create reproducible steps if possible.

- Document individual cases.

Notice: Do not intentionally put your console at risk. If this occurs, then please report it here.
Notice: Posts that deviate from the below will be removed.

We need you to recount what happened when you encounter a console shutdown. This is not to be confused with hard locking of the screen or freezing.

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

Optional Information to Include

- Any video of the documented issue.

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No]

Anything we consider off topic or unhelpful will be deleted. This is a problem solving thread. Not a complaints platform.

• 1. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

- What type of PS3 do you have: 80gb Backwards Compatible, 4 USB ports, Launch model

- Any user modifications to your console: None

- When and where does this happen: The most common place is during any game play, be it multiplayer, zombies, or campeign. I've also had it while watching game play in theater mode, and ive had is a couple times while in the opening scene.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code: US CECHE01 BLUS31011

- Any video of the documented issue:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QMjfHgNlc

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]: Yes. Case # [Removed by Moderator.]

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No]: No. Im only prompted to check my files for corruption upon start up.

Additional Info: I've noticed every time before it shuts off, the fan ramps up very high, as if the system is over heating, but the system isnt necessarily hot. This also happens while signed in, and signed out of PSN. This happens with Nuketown 2025 installed, Texture pack installed, and every combination of the 2 intalled/uninstalled. I've also done a complete system restore and still have the problem.

At this point, im willing to send my system to Treyarch for additional testing if they cant recreate the problem. Of course i would want it back once the issue is resolved. You can contact me further if this is an option.

• 2. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

Mandatory info:

-60 gb ps3 not modified fat model

-Crash happens within 5 min of gameplay, sitting in menu, once a weapon is selected, zombies, and single player

-U.S. Blu ray code is blus31010

- yes i did submit ticket, and no i cant record video, but there is numerous videos posted on this thread and the old thread showing the exact issue.  reproducable100% of the time

• 3. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

i have an original 60gb fat ps3 and i do not even have chance to get pass the settings before it shuts my ps3 down and it flashes red and when i start it back up i have to do a system restore my code is BLES01717

• 4. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

80 gig backwards compatable ps3 4 USB slots. I've sent it to Sony twice for a Blu ray driver. And I'm in the Philadelphia area (don't know what you meant by "region") and it shuts down if I play about 1 or two games of online play by myself. It takes a little longer if I'm with a party but it still shuts down. If you need my ps3 email me. Anything to get my game working properly.

• 5. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

- What type of PS3 do you have : Slim160Gb

- Any user modifications to your console. No

- When and where does this happen. system shuts down in the middle of an online game.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code : Region 2 (Disc+Console) , Blu-Ray code if im right : 84383202EM (another code but not sure which one is the Blu-Ray code : 5  030917   119378

- Any video of the documented issue. : no

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No] : Yes but didnt help yet

- If you have encountered a prompt from the system and submitted a crash report to Sony. [Yes or No] No

• 6. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

60 4USB Backwards Compatible Ps3

No mods, never even opened it.
    For me it has happened in multiplayer games and 1 bot game before 1.03 patch, i have been able to play for 40 minutes 60 minutes and 23 minutes before patch 1.03. After that patch i played for 10 minutes, all turned into a shut down.

BLUS31011.

No video proof, i didn't know i was supposed to be recording incase my ps3 turned off?
    No, i have not made a ticket on activisions website, when i try to login it gives me a error every time.

I haven't sent a report to sony, i don't know how to do that, but i gladly

Here is our old thread.

would.http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200530280

Also, i would like to note that i was having no problems with my ps3 as i stated in this thread. After 3 shutoffs, i waited for the new patch when it came out i tried it. This time it blinked YLOD, luckily it came but on but if i am going to be having problems from this point forward i feel that because shut offs like that are bad for the system and ESPECIALLY one that makes it think it YLOD, that treyarch/activision is reponsible. Some people are saying they have had this with other games, me personally only BO2 i even tested it in the time that i couldn't play and played MW3 for 2 hours, turned if off for like 40 minutes to let it cool, turned on BO2 and 23 minutes later it turned off. This isn't a overheating issue with my PS3 in general if they are overheating because it would have done it in the 2 hours i played MW3, it would be because this new game is pushing my old system to the limit and it wasn't tested. I really hope this gets fixed from what i played of the game it seemed great. But i would hope this issue is fixed before matchmaking problems and things like that because those people can at least play. We waited in line just like them but we cannot play, and may be destroying our systems while trying.

• 7. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

- 60gb launch model

- Any user modifications to your console: NO

- When and where does this happen: anywhere in the game main menu, SP, MP, Zombies after few minutes

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code: Region 2 Europe + BLES01717

- video: http://youtu.be/Y1CWypkIOvU

• 8. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]

Type: Original fat 60gb system Serial #: [Removed by Moderator.]

No modifications made to the system

Mostly happens during Black Ops 2 in the campaign mostly in the level "Old Wounds" but also the first mission. Only once for the multiplayer but only played it once, happened 3 matches in. Middle of game/match each time. The light starts blinking red until touched and when turned on I have to secure corrupt files or something like that.

East Coast, US

Another code: CECHE01

• 9. Re: PS3: Console Shutdowns. [Post 1.03 Patch]
    Dominicano87

- What type of PS3 do you have: 80gb Backwards Compatible, 4 USB ports, Launch model

- Any user modifications to your console: None

- When and where does this happen: The most common place is during any game play, be it multiplayer, zombies, or campeign. I've also had a couple times while in the opening scene.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code: US CECHE01 BLUS31011

- If you have opened up a support ticket with Activision Customer Support [Yes or No]: Yes.

1 2 3 Previous Next