3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2012 4:13 PM by SwagginMyTail RSS

Ghost

I feel Treyarch has nerfed Ghost to much. First off, I would like to say that dying to enemy campers is not an game problem (like an overpowered weapon) but a player problem. If a player dies to an enemy camper, its not the games fault, it is the players. Ghost was meant for players to be stealthy. By nerfing ghost, it effected players who were trying to be stealthy without camping. For example, snipers can no longer remain still without being seen on radar even if they are using Ghost. I belive in Black ops 1 that Treyarch patch quickscoping to try and get players to "snipe straight up". Players can no longer do thatin Black ops two as effectively because they can be flanked because they appear on radar when they are standing still to shoot, reloding, or even try to stand still for a moment sound whord a player nearby. But ghost doesnt only effect snipers, it effects more mobile players as well. If you are using ghost and not camping, but you stop to reload in a safe place or even aim down sights to shoot, that can spell your doom because you will still apear on radar when an enemy UAV is up. Treyarch, I would like to see Ghost i Black ops 2 be like ghost in black ops (not ghost pro, just ghost). I believe with the constant UAV spam in Black ops 2, players need an effective perk to be stealthy. Ghost is unlocked later, so it should be a litle bit more powerful, again the UAV scorestreak is common and more easily attainable, and if an enemy is camping with Ghost (my version of what I think Ghost should be), a player has many ways to take him out. First, check your fricken corners. second, tactical grenades like the sensor grenage, flash bans, concussions. Attachments like MMS. Campers suffer in Black ops 2 because they wont be playing the objective if they are camping, so they wont get as many points as other players. I would like to see a fix to Ghost. Treyarch, you have given players enough tools to beat campers, now its their jobs to use them, its not your job to patch a balanced perk that effects all types of playersnegatively.

• Re: Ghost
    bigjon00

dude ther's nothing wrong with ghost now , so what if you stop to reload its like 1 second and then your on the move again . if your sniping like i do sometimes i put shock chargers down next to a B.betty then if it gets tripped you move simple as really . stop all this moaing about freaking ghost . these fourms are filled with complaints when in feact this is a great game , aside from the lag now and then n the spawns .

ADAPT to the new game.

It is a great game. But still, when sniping, those B betties and shock charges would not be ran into by other enemies so often if you would not show up on radar while using ghost so the enemies can't see you. And keep In mind, that your grenades and tactical equipment may protect you from people trying to kill you at closer ranges, but if an enemy knows your general positon, he may be able to start a gun fight with you at medium ranges were your b betties wont protect you, and you may lose the gunfight and your life, where as with my version of Ghost, your enemy wouldnt have even know where you were i the first place. 

It is a great game. But still, when sniping, those B betties and shock charges would not be ran into by other enemies so often if you would not show up on radar while using ghost so the enemies can't see you. And keep In mind, that your grenades and tactical equipment may protect you from people trying to kill you at closer ranges, but if an enemy knows your general positon, he may be able to start a gun fight with you at medium ranges were your b betties wont protect you, and you may lose the gunfight and your life, where as with my version of Ghost, your enemy wouldnt have even know where you were i the first place.