18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 5:40 PM by NJC22312 RSS

GHOST WHAT A JOKE

peeter101

I would rather put up with being killed 100 time per game than this horse sh*t. please could anyone tell me what is classed as moving is that

1. sprinting
  2. walking
  3. crouching
  4. crawling

or non of the above.

Also loser I like hardcore I do not want to go into core -v-hardcore  question  but only 4 modes 3 if you take out free 4 all

• Re: GHOST WHAT A JOKE
    NJC22312

Exactly what I was wondering! So if I'm walking back and forth in like a 5' radius while i'm in one area does that count as moving?

Everyone wants to know the anwser to this lol...

I am very interested to know how much "stillness" you can get away with..

Its such a stupid thing to do with ghost...I rush with it all the time anyway but am always wary of what its doing

sprinting works

walking works

crouching doesnt

crawling doesnt

ads strafing doesnt

ads strafing w/stock works

nicedrewishfela

Forum regular Supervelous made a vid on this that I found helpful..

I think something will have to change. They are going to need to tune this perk either back to how it was or to a point where you aren't punished for stopping to aim or move tactically around a corner, or for stopping to take a UAV down.

all peks in black ops are pointless and useless. at least Infinity ward knew what they were doing!

NJC22312

So if they were trying to prevent camping why not just make it for moving slow or completely stopping for more than a certain time like 5 to 10 seconds? Some form of delay would be nice so that even if I'm running and gunning I don't pop up just because I changed my direction and stopped for a split second when the UAV made its sweep.

myevo8you

This is what I was saying from before the game even came out. They actually nefed it to the point of not even being worth using. Especially since you show up taking out the UAV/air support. Also now you are FORCED to use an attachment to couter showing up on the UAV while MOVING.

nicedrewishfela

I agree, Evo. At first the change didn't bother me. I think in some ways it sharpened my senses as a player.

But now that people are leveling up so fast... the issue has gotten far more noticeable.

I think the end-game is going to be either they will tune it to how it used to be, or at least to a point where you can stay still long enough to ADS, fire a rocket to take down streaks, or move slowly around corners.

It has gotten to a point of ridiculousness.

valuable info on that video!

Good to know and its better than i thought

just wish that the "kill" above the flag carriers head on CTF would disappear as well when using ghost..

Remember as well folks that you are off the radar when hacking and planting bombs also  with ghost..

NJC22312

That's good i suppose if you play bomb based game modes but I don't and the other times are nice but as soon as you are done with what you are doing you will pop back up.

I'm not saying the Ghost perk is 100% useless.............................just 95% useless.

yea its nearly right lol

I have to agree that there should be a bit of leway (about 3-6secs) of stationary time before you appear on radar but i rekon they could patch it up after everyone has suggested on how it could be improved..

its nearly spot on lol