11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2012 10:06 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Nuketown moshpit versus Chaos moshpit

Ss78_

This will probably get deleted as it has nuketown in the subject but I live in hope. Since the removal of one playlist and implementation of another that's completely different giving us only a chance of playing nuketown instead of a certainty. Would it not be beneficial to put up a poll on the forums/facebook asking us to vote?

Prefer just nuketown playlist

Prefer just chaos playlist

Would like to see both implemented.

Try to keep this thread clean so people can get their viewpoints across without it turning into a spamfest.

• Re: Nuketown moshpit versus Chaos moshpit
    yukmout

I've yet to try out the Chaos playlist but its still not 24/7 so i cant say im too thrilled about it. Since the games come out i've only really played nuketown just because i know it and since yesterday when this happened ive played about an hour. Bring back 24/7 nuktown.... i thought it never closed?

they are crying that people played nuketown too much and they didnt get to experience the rest of the MP maps/modes but what is insane is that they keep pushing the "league play" like with the message of the day telling people to go play it and there are like 4,000 people playing both league playlist combined. Sooooo to me those seem like a waste of playlists. Also the combat training is weird i see no difference in combat training than regular multiplayer except you rank up half as fast with no challenges, i have yet to play against any "bots". I would not mind if they made people pay a small amount of $/MSP to have the nuketown 24/7 playlist. People would be like WTF thats stupid im not paying for that and then one person on their friends list buys it and then more and more and more buy it so thats like a win win for everyone.

yukmout

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Ss78_

That's an interesting point about the low population league playlist. While waiting for a lag fix nuketown was enough for me and league play is what I've been and still am looking forward too if they can fix the sync. So it could be quite possible that the nuketown playlist was distracting from their league play baby and why the replacement/solution was to implement a less desirable playlist. That sounds more plausible than their servers couldn't handle the nuketown capacity.

Can you not just set up a match with bots without going online via the local option?

im talking about like in online multiplayer for combat training it seems kind of pointless? dont you think? it is the same as playing any other playlist just less xp and no challenges.

As for the league thing im sure some people are looking forward to it but majority of people will play till they get the achievement and then will most likey start to stray away from it. I mean there are hardly any people playing it. 4,000 in league play.... 500,000+ in the nuketown playlist hugh difference in my eyes.

and im not one of the people who whine and threaten people over a map/playlist it was fun to play on it and i would love to see it back but yelling and being rude does nothing to help "the cause" so im sticking to zombies

Ss78_

Yeah I've played in the playlist when messing around to get the achievement and only once did I see bots but that's probably because there's so many online and it'll be more needed when the initial player surge decreases. It is a good move to help out the new players having such a playlist though.

I hope you're wrong about the league play being used only for achievements. We'll just have to wait and see. Until the sync fix comes I'm going to miss nuketown. I'll give the chaos playlist a go tonight with an open mind and see if it's true that everyone just might back out looking for nuketown.

codchamp

I am 101% all for this playlist! it has nuketown and it is a full out moshpit with all other game modes and maps. Maybe it will make some of you that were hiding in nuketown only come out and learn the rest  of the game now..

Ss78_

Nuketown was a full on moshpit. Mercenary is also a moshpit and if they added nuketown to the mercenary rotation it might just get a jump in numbers too. At least with nuketown you didn't have to spend your time running around to find someone only to feel let down by sync issues. If they fix the sync then I'll probably not even play it much anymore but I would like to have the choice since I don't fully understand their reasoning behind the change.

ModernWelfare

Nuketown 2025 24/7 moshpit of course. You can't find NT2025 anywhere else but in this Chaos playlist (and custom games but that blows), but it comes with several other maps that suck and are found in all other playlists. I mean, people are choosing Chaos just to get the chance to play on NT2025, and quit when it isn't chosen. People, send your wishes to David Vonderhaar here: http://twitter.com/davidvonderhaar He can change this!

When NT was introduced in blops1, I had wished at that time there was a game mode to play nothing but NT 24/7.  Then, they gave us that in blops2 with NT2025 24/7.  But then, they took it away and gave us a map rotation moshpit.  It's not the same.  Now I have to back out of countless games until I get NT.  NT is fun for what it is - run around like crazy, chaotic, rampage, nade spam, death pit.  When I feel like getting crazy, I want to play NT.  When I feel like playing a serious game, I will play the core game modes. 

My vote is NT2025 24/7....please.

Foxhound-Pro

If the developers decided to do this, then they will. Currently speaking though the Nuketown discussion and requests for a singular playlist are too numerous and are still being removed.