11 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 2:40 PM by Redmagpie93 RSS

UK PS3 Season Pass

I suspect like a lot of people, whilst purchasing my pre-ordered Black Ops2 from GAME in the UK, I was convinced by the sales assistant to also buy the season pass.  Apparently it would 'save me some money'.  I paid the £35 and received a receipt printed with a code.  Upon arriving home I entered the code in to the PS store and £35 was credited to my account.  I searched through the newly formatted PS store but could not find the option to purchase the season pass anywhere.  I then tried to access the COD store through the game itself - similar to MW3.  Again it was nowhere to be found.  Yesterday I read on some forums that the option to purchase the season pass now appears in the PS store, but for £41.99?!  Other people said that if you purchased the season pass from GAME the price remained at around £35.  I accessed the PS store when I arrived home last night in hope of purchasing the season pass for £35 as I had bought it at GAME, but I was disappointed to see it still advertised at £41.99.  I have not yet made the purchase and the credit still sits in my account.  Is there any truth in the rumor that the price remains at around £35 if purchased at GAME?  I can not see how this could be the case as GAME do not actually sell the season pass itself - simply credit to purchase through the PS store.  And the price remains at £41.99 in the PS store (unless it has dropped in price in the last 12 hours).  Has anyone actually managed to get the season pass for around £35?  And can I get anything back from GAME for false advertising?  Some may respond on here by saying 'just spend the extra £6.99 and stop being a stig'.  But it's the principal of the thing.  Plus it's likely GAME will do nothing, the price will remain at £41.99 and that's all I'll end up doing anyway.  To further rub salt in the PS3 wound - apparently the Xbox season pass is only £32.99?!

• Re: UK PS3 Season Pass

Been down to GAME today and the guy said it sould be sorted by tomorrow. Been on a few sites today, SONY pulling the rug out from everybody it seems. Bad times

It's all our fault. We willingly sign up for pre-orders even though history has shown us that the servers will be 'choppy' at best and inaccessible for most. When are we as COD fans going to learn that we need to boycott the next release in the franchise untess we get some categoric assurance that the servers will work properly and that there will some means of checking all the players' pings in order to ascertain how one sided some of the lobbies are.

I too was duped into handing over my £35 for a season pass - thinking it was a good idea after the success of Call of Duty Elite - to add insult to injury just after I picked up my pre-ordered version from Game I went into the local Tesco (virtually next door) where they were selling it for £60 including a £35 PSN voucher.

So who's at fault? Game? Activision? Sony? Or us fans who seem to openly relish the thought of having the pi** taken out of them every year?

JGDC74

Same thing happened to me. I am refusing to pay the extra £7 for something that I have already paid the full price for. I have complained to Activision and GAME, and so far no response from either. I have also told GAME that I want to return the game for a full refund.

godofdarlo

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING THE SEASON PASS AT 11.30 AT NIGHT AND DID NOT SEE THE PRICE TILL THE NEXT DAY,I GOT INTOUCH WITH CALL OF DUTY WHO TOLD ME TO CONTACT THE STORE I GOT IT FROM ,I THEN SPOKE TO PLAYSTION STORE WHO TOLD ME IT WAS A MISTAKE AND THAT THE VAT HAD BEEN ADDED BY MISTAKE AND SOMEONE WOULD CONTACT ME SOON THAT WAS ALMOST A WEEK AGO SO TO DAY I CONTACTED THEM AGAIN TO BE TOLD THAT THIS WAS THE CORRECT PRICE, I EXPLANED THAT THE OFFICAIL BLACK OPS SITE ADVERTISED THE SEASON PASS AT £34.99 SAVE £5.00 MAP PACK PRICE£9.99

SO WHERE IS THE SAVING.I HAVE NOW PASSED THIS ISSUE OVER TO TRADING STANDARDS.WILL KEEP YOU UP DATEDED.

squity123

Bump, i want to see this fixed

Hamster_Botherer

My mate did the same thing and a few weeks ago when the price was announced, some of his friends went back to Game and complained and they were given a voucher to make up the difference, but when he went back, they told him he was too late as they were only doing it for one week as an act of good will or something like that.  He's since spent his £35 on something else instead and I advise everyone to do the same.  As for trading standards and private lawsuits, they've done enough for you to win a case against them, but you might not get anything back other than what you've payed for the game and pass.  They could prosecute the company for bad practices though.

Redmagpie93

I was in contact with Activision support over the whole thing and they have admitted that it is something they have been looking into, I have a feeling they won't change it until Revolution is out on PS3 at which point they will likely refund the tenner onto the PSN accounts of those who bought it early.... if this doesn't pass I think I'll trade my copy for the WiiU edition whenever it gets round to getting the DLC as SonyEU doesn't deserve to benefit from negating the worth of the season pass

Redmagpie93

I was in contact with Activision support over the whole thing and they have admitted that it is something they have been looking into, I have a feeling they won't change it until Revolution is out on PS3 at which point they will likely refund the tenner onto the PSN accounts of those who bought it early.... if this doesn't pass I think I'll trade my copy for the WiiU edition whenever it gets round to getting the DLC as SonyEU doesn't deserve to benefit from negating the worth of the season pass

Redmagpie93