Alright, so... the game is out... everyone was excited, even me who hardly ever touch the broken Black Ops for PC. You might not agree with everything i say here but it is fine, because it touches a lot of thing that only PC gamers know. Treyarch did some good thing and also bad thing.
1. Treyarch lies about Dedicated Severs. Alright, this one is a little bit tricky but here is my view of what "Dedicated Severs supported" is:
- The ability to pick whichever severs the player want to join from the sever browser carelessly about whoever provided the severs.
So does Black Ops 2 have that? So far i haven't seen anything call "Sever browser" in this game so far. I don't give a cr@p about who controll the severs or where it is located, i just want to choose the sever i want to play with the ping i know that it would be the best for me to play in. So what is the point of calling "Dedicated Sever supported" when you can't even choose which sever to play?
2. Lag Compensation is TERRIBLE. I know some of you guys will say this is being working on and i will also accept that is a temp answer for this , but why? It is back to the "Treyarch's high bandwidth severs" again. So far , i will say this game has the worst hit-registration ever.
3. Performance : this is the area i find Treyarch did OK. Better than the first Black Ops for PC which was HORRIBLE if you are the PC gamers and you played that game in the first 6 months. Nice FOV Adjust for PC, also smooth gameplay. Nice to see lean support as well. But there is one area that the studio might need to improve : The audio section. I have the True 5.1 system and i can't quite figure it out which setting is the best . Supercrunch is what i currently have.
4. Gun Optimization : Meh... back in the day when people still rumor about Treyarch making SMG less powerful and can't become what MP7 is in MW3. Turn out to be quite true. The SMGs sure as hell does have recoils when ADS and it makes the Lasers attatchment and Grip attachment become popular. Then it leads to another problem. The map design on BO2 is so dumb, that you will find yourself in a lot of CQB than you will ever find in any others game. The map themselves is not small but the way they design it will always have hotspot for all the SMG running. And because of that , the hip-firing on SMGs become so popular and it kills the gameplay. Everybody hip-fire in this game, i can't even find a match that nobody have SMG with laser sight on it (or at least an SMG). Assault Rifle guys like me often find ourselves out-played by SMGs guys because of the map design. The Middle-Long Range sight are very rare in BO2.
I find it extremly uncomfortable in a room when i hold an Type-25 and the others hold either the MSMC or Skorpion because 95% i will lose the gunfight upon those hip-firing players. And beacuse it is PC, People can hip-fire you damn fast and you wont even have a chance to ADS to fire back.
I don't know if you use Steam Overlay that much but i find the game crash a lot whenever i want to try a quick web browsing form Steam Overlay ( it nevers cause any kind of error on MW3 and any other games)
6. Objective-reward for players : this is the true selling point of this game for me. I have been a huge Objective player myself and this is a good deal. Treyach did it right from what IW has started with rewarding players for doing objectives.
7. Hack-encouter: this probably the first COD since COD4 on PC that i haven't experienced hackers in the launch day.
8. Footstep sound: if you don't run Dead Silence, your character wear like jingle bells when you runs and if you run dead-silence and the others don't use it ? You cant hear them either. Which is BS. I would like Treyarch to fix this.
Currently i have to drop BO2 because of the fact that i lose too many unfair gunfight because of hip-firing players and lag compensation. It just make you play the game under pressure and that is not what the game suppose to do. Or if you want me to get it straight : it is easier to deal with a FMG9 Akimbo *** than dealing with the whole team hip-firing. Will see if Treyarch ever consider to readjust the SMG...