19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 7:54 PM by kawz RSS

[PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...

sfod-dsandman

Alright, so... the game is out... everyone was excited, even me who hardly ever touch the broken Black Ops for PC. You might not agree with everything i say here but it is fine, because it touches a lot of thing that only PC gamers know. Treyarch did some good thing and also bad thing.

 

1. Treyarch lies about Dedicated Severs. Alright, this one is a little bit tricky but here is my view of what "Dedicated Severs supported" is:

- The ability to pick whichever severs the player want to join from the sever browser carelessly about whoever provided the severs.

So does Black Ops 2 have that? So far i haven't seen anything call "Sever browser" in this game so far. I don't give a cr@p about who controll the severs or where it is located, i just want to choose the sever i want to play with the ping i know that it would be the best for me to play in. So what is the point of calling "Dedicated Sever supported" when you can't even choose which sever to play?

 

2. Lag Compensation is TERRIBLE. I know some of you guys will say this is being working on and i will also accept that is a temp answer for this , but why? It is back to the "Treyarch's high bandwidth severs" again. So far , i will say this game has the worst hit-registration ever.

 

3. Performance : this is the area i find Treyarch did OK. Better than the first Black Ops for PC which was HORRIBLE if you are the PC gamers and you played that game in the first 6 months. Nice FOV Adjust for PC, also smooth gameplay. Nice to see lean support as well. But there is one area that the studio might need to improve : The audio section. I have the True 5.1 system and i can't quite figure it out which setting is the best . Supercrunch is what i currently have.

 

4. Gun Optimization : Meh... back in the day when people still rumor about Treyarch making SMG less powerful and can't become what MP7 is in MW3. Turn out to be quite true. The SMGs sure as hell does have recoils when ADS and it makes the Lasers attatchment and Grip attachment become popular. Then it leads to another problem. The map design on BO2 is so dumb, that you will find yourself in a lot of CQB than you will ever find in any others game. The map themselves is not small but the way they design it will always have hotspot for all the SMG running. And because of that , the hip-firing on SMGs become so popular and it kills the gameplay. Everybody hip-fire in this game, i can't even find a match that nobody have SMG with laser sight on it (or at least an SMG). Assault Rifle guys like me often find ourselves out-played by SMGs guys because of the map design. The Middle-Long Range sight are very rare in BO2.

I find it extremly uncomfortable in a room when i hold an Type-25 and the others hold either the MSMC or Skorpion because 95% i will lose the gunfight upon those hip-firing players. And beacuse it is PC, People can hip-fire you damn fast and you wont even have a chance to ADS to fire back.

 

5. Steam-Compatible:

I don't know if you use Steam Overlay that much but i find the game crash a lot whenever i want to try a quick web browsing form Steam Overlay ( it nevers cause any kind of error on MW3 and any other games)

 

6. Objective-reward for players : this is the true selling point of this game for me. I have been a huge Objective player myself and this is a good deal. Treyach did it right from what IW has started with rewarding players for doing objectives.

 

7. Hack-encouter: this probably the first COD since COD4 on PC that i haven't experienced hackers in the launch day.

 

8. Footstep sound: if you don't run Dead Silence, your character wear like jingle bells when you runs and if you run dead-silence and the others don't use it ? You cant hear them either. Which is BS. I would like Treyarch to fix this.

 

Currently i have to drop BO2 because of the fact that i lose too many unfair gunfight because of hip-firing players and lag compensation. It just make you play the game under pressure and that is not what the game suppose to do. Or if you want me to get it straight : it is easier to deal with a FMG9 Akimbo *** than dealing with the whole team hip-firing. Will see if Treyarch ever consider to readjust the SMG...

  • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
    Arcflare

    I totally agree with you but i might have some good news.

     

    PCdev tweeted asking how the SMG nerf was coming along because its getting out of hands. So i hope well see a patch for that soon. But that just fixes 1 of the major problems.

     

    Footstep sounds need to be amped way up. The only way you can hear anyone is if theyre 5 feet away and your not moving at all.

     

    Lag compensation is worse than it was in MW3. Completely horrendous. First few days i had no problem playing and was doing very well. Noiw im lucky to break 0.2 KD on TDM (KD means alot to me in kill based games when it decides close matches) when i was averaging 1.5-2.0 KD for the first few days. Being punished for having a great connection is a big turn off.

     

    The "No Server Browser" thing im on the fence about. In BO there was either nothing but "Tactical Crouch" or "Nuketown 24/7" (the latter being something i didnt mind). But with how bad the maps are in BO2 i was VERY mad when they took down NukeTown 24/7. So in this case i hope they feel enough pressure to bring back Server Browsing (which i doubt will happen).

    • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
      alphatt

      there is no lag compensation btw.

      • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
        Arcflare

        Youre an idiot if you think theres no lag compensation. There been lag comp ever since they started porting the CoD's to PC from the console. Even if there are dedicated servers they put lag compensation into it so it looks nicer (as in people dont lag through the maps and what not).

      • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
        poison_pawn

        alphatt wrote:

         

        there is no lag compensation btw.

        Probably best to say nothing; when you know nothing:

         

        This is from a COD4 server config.

         

        //******************************************************************************

        // Call of Duty 4

        //******************************************************************************

        //******************************************************************************

        // Public Information -  taken from http://forums.gameservers.com/

        //******************************************************************************

        sets sv_hostname ^2<^3D.o.M.^2> ^3HC ^2CTF

        sets _Admin Poison_pawn

        sets _Email poisonpawn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

        sets _Website http://www.descendantsofmayhem.net

        sets _Location Seattle U.S.A.

        sets _Irc xxxxx

        sets _Mod OpenWarfare

        sets _Maps COD4 Stock/cusom

        set scr_motd "Fight with Honor, decency, and respect"

         

        //******************************************************************************

        // Misc

        //******************************************************************************

        set g_antilag" 0" <------------------------------------------------------- what is this?

    • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...

      Arcflare wrote:

       

       

      The "No Server Browser" thing im on the fence about. In BO2 there was either nothing but "Tactical Crouch" or "Nuketown 24/7" (the latter being something i didnt mind). But with how bad the maps are in BO2 i was VERY mad when they took down NukeTown 24/7. So in this case i hope they feel enough pressure to bring back Server Browsing (which i doubt will happen).

       

      I just have to comment about this. I constantly see people complaining about "bad admins" or "custom rules" or "24/7 nuketown" servers somehow "ruining" the experience... (even though they were pretty easy to avoid)

       

      Why are ANY of you against having them ADD that to Black Ops 2?

       

      They could add rentable dedicated servers with a browser, and it would do virtually nothing to affect matchmaking.

       

      The way it SHOULD have been setup is this:

       

      Proper rentable dedicated servers with full customization, admin control, a server browser, and all the other necessary basic PC features to make it playable and enjoyable.  (ranked or unranked doesn't matter, as long as you can level up/prestige, and they aren't ****ing sabotaged and hidden like MW3 servers were)

       

      -and-

       

      Matchmaking and league play to the "official servers" with unbalanced pubstomping via parties, lag, lack of choices, 24/7 vanilla gameplay, and all the other flaws that matchmaking fans seem to love.

       

       

       

      Of course that would have made the PC version more appealing than the Xbox version. It would also have added to the lifespan of the game. Two things that Activision DOES NOT WANT.

       

      3 simple undisputable facts

       

      1) Activision has deals with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise (one is common knowledge, anyone who doesn't think there are others is simply naieve)

      2) Xbox users MUST PAY a subscription in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer.

      3) The more people switch from PC to Xbox, the more $$ Microsoft is making off of subscriptions.

       

      Last but not least, their goal is to push a new CoD title every year, and to beat sales records with each title. Thus they want their games to only have a lifespan of one year so people will move to the newest release.

      • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
        kawz

        Matchmakingfails wrote:

         

        3 simple undisputable facts

         

        1) Activision has deals with Microsoft regarding the Call of Duty franchise (one is common knowledge, anyone who doesn't think there are others is simply naieve)

        2) Xbox users MUST PAY a subscription in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer.

        3) The more people switch from PC to Xbox, the more $$ Microsoft is making off of subscriptions.

         

         

        It'll be completey disputable until you can show evidence of other deal(s).

         

        Lemme get this straight.  You believe that Activision has contracted with Microsoft to deliberately sabotage the game on all platforms except the XBox -- for the sole purpose of forcing people to switch to the XBox?

        • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...

          Do you ever get tired of trolling?

           

          You already tried (and failed) arguing this in another thread, and now all you can do is go "prove they have multiple deals!!" like some little kid trying desperately to defend a failed argument.

           

          I mentioned in the very post you quoted that one is common knowledge, anyone who thinks there aren't others is simply naieve.

           

          For starters nobody even knows what all the "exclusivity deal" entails. (Unless you can post a link detailing EVERYTHING about the deal) That ONE deal alone could have incentive for Activision to push more people over to Xbox.

           

          That's besides the point however because you are a complete and total fool if you think that every deal a big company has is public knowledge. Are you really stupid enough to believe they are?

           

          But hey, since you want to try to troll the post with childish responses let me amend the 3 simple facts just for you.

           

          1) Activision has at least one deal with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty (a deal we don't know all the details about)

          2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer.

          3) The more people switch from PC to Xbox, the more $$ Microsoft is making off of subscriptions...

          • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
            kawz

            Not trolling, trying to figure out what your deal is.

             

            Matchmakingfails wrote:

             

            1) Activision has at least one deal with Microsoft regarding Call of Duty (a deal we don't know all the details about)

            2) Xbox users MUST PAY Microsoft in order to play Call of Duty multiplayer.

            3) The more people switch from PC to Xbox, the more $$ Microsoft is making off of subscriptions...

             

            What's your point here?  Why do you keep saying this? 

            • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
              sfod-dsandman

              Well, i think he was trying to say that Activision will just run for the money and make the PC gamers piss off and therefore hopefully they will run to XBOX world to play the game.

              But the world is not that simple my friend.

              Activision doesn't make the game, the studio does. And Activision knows that PC gamers won't just buy an extra $450 worth of hardware and Services just to play one game they like when they have a beast Rig themselves. So that won't work.

              A Hardcore PC gamer like me, who have been playing FPS on PC for over 10 years will never do that.

              In this matter, is about Treyach and their suck-ass skill at finishing the game. Their product always have nice innovation, but they always suck at finishing it for PC.

              PC gamers know they have a lot of choice when talking about shooters, i am not starting a war here but Battlefield 3 last year was a huge title and it sucks away a lot of PC gamers as well. Activision loves money, like every others company, they know if they want to make $, they will have to please people on both major platforms (XBOX 360, PS3, PC) so people will buy the game. Just sad that we are (PC Community) are just the smallest and elite group who still support this game. They must feel that they won't make a lot from making thing for PC Community. I have been playing this game since COD2 on XP, i will support this title when it still last and i know a lot of you guys here willing to do the same thing , but in returns , we would like to get the same support like what they are doing for Consoles.

              With me, i will say this could be my last pre-order for any Call of Duty that Treyach makes for PC.

               

              BTW: Pulling off Nuketown 2025 from Normal Playlist is the biggest "F*CK YOU" that Treyarch can give to fans who pre-ordered this game. IW hasn't done such thing.

          • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
            kawz

            Matchmakingfails wrote:

             

            I mentioned in the very post you quoted that one is common knowledge, anyone who thinks there aren't others is simply naieve.

             

            For starters nobody even knows what all the "exclusivity deal" entails. (Unless you can post a link detailing EVERYTHING about the deal) That ONE deal alone could have incentive for Activision to push more people over to Xbox.

             

             

            Actually pretty sure it was me who mentioned to you about the deal being common knowledge.

             

            Why is the burden of proof on me, but not you?  You keep talking about all these deals, but yet anyone on the planet can only ever talk about one.  Sorry, you originally started talking about the numerous deals so if you want me to acknowledge them, show them to me.  Otherwise it's meaningless.  I don't need to post more information about the exclusive deal with MS because it's not me making the claim.

             

            I'm still at a loss as what your point is though?  Why do you keep bringing up the deals, XBox live subscription fees, and the $$$ MS will make?

        • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
          poison_pawn

          Did you go to school to learn to be this naive; or did it come naturally?

           

          Where is this puppy dogs, and butterflies, world you live in?

           

          That theory makes perfect cense in the real world; and I'm inclined to believe it myself.

           

          Do you think they are in business just to make you happy? wake up and smell the coffee.

           

          How much does Activision pay you to come in here and dispute every negative statement that any one makes. (I might like to have that job if it pays enough)

           

          otherwise you seem to be arguing just for the sake of arguing.; which is really pretty childish.

           

          Nobody has to prove anything: that is his opinion; and he's entitled to it.

           

          And @MoFo you should probably not feed the trolls

      • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
        Arcflare

        I dont really have any problems with it. From my experience with them in BO was really annoying at first because nearly all the 20-50ms pinged server near me were tactical crouch servers (for me thats not fun in the least) with the exception of 3-4 rotation servers and the rest that were 50-75ms server were Nuketown 24/7. But after i found and favorited the servers that i liked the most it was just pure fun.

         

        I think Server browsing would be nice and think they should add them into BO2. It would probably sort out a good amount of issues that there are with the current servers as well.

  • Re: [PC Gamer] Just 2-cents about this game... lost my hope in Treyach totally...
    Black_Jack

    Hi sfod-dsandman,

     

     

         I have find what you said totally true and i cant agree more to it. And i am to exhausted to b*tch about this game anymore.

     

    Cheers,

    Black Jack

     

    -- I am not in any way associated with Infinity Ward, Activision or Treyarch.