19 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 4:32 AM by Ss78_ RSS

Defcon 5

Ss78_

So the status has upped to defcon 5. Tonight I couldn't find one single enjoyable game. The game is too much out of sync. The matchmaking is all over the place I mean brazil against europe, oh oh. I even was that desperate to get a half decent game so I tried wireless. Nope still the same. This game just doesn't like my connection. That's a shame.

• Re: Defcon 5
    Tick7

Given the feedback that we've had (KI Gaming - 1,800 people gaming community), it appears as though whatever little tweaks they have made to the server over the past severla days to up their server status from Defcon 3 to Defcon 5 have helped.

While there are still issues with connection, lag, and lag compensation, they are siginficantly improved from what they were during the middle of last week and last weekend.

I would suggest looking into your own connection first. The fact that you are having widespread issues all across your gaming experience (matchmaking, lag, etc), suggests to me that it might be an issuee with your connection rather than with the servers.

Ss78_

Nah m8. My connection is fine. MW3 plays better than this and that's saying something. It might just be time to give up.

Ss78_ wrote:

Nah m8. My connection is fine. MW3 plays better than this and that's saying something. It might just be time to give up.

Yeah, totally unplayable for me too this evening across two premium isps, again nothing wrong at this end.

I think I'm done with it.

Ss78_

Yeah m8 enough's enough. I'll get the sp done and then come back in a while to see if there's any progress. I've just been reading some dutch forums and it's hit and miss there too. Same old 3bar warrior stories and empty full mag, turn round headshot experiences etc etc. They're saying it'll be a month before it could be fully playable. If it isn't I'm going back to MW3 as for all it's problems it was still enjoyable to play some of the time.

Adeeez100

I have two isp's also, my most stable being BE pro, very stable jitter and low pings to servers across the board. Intially both were set up optimally for online gaming, with the only game i still have a few issues with being BO's,even mw3 now runs smooth. My experience was awful with Blops 2 with this setup, no need to go into details.

Following advice from a knowlegeble guy from these forums i deleted my portfowards, set my dns settings back to auto and intially things seemed to improve. After playing a lot more i am absolutely sure this did not cure my problems and work still needs to be done.

On a side note, the guys who claim to be having absolutely no issues, do you have any ports forwarded and what are they?.

randomhero204

It's thanks going weekend in the states so this was te first long weekend since release. The servers took a beating last night. Chill broskis.

Ss78_

After a good nights sleep I'm extremely chill but thanks for the chill pill anyway. Unfortunately thanks giving should in theory have no impact on european servers or experiences unless I'm missing something.

adw1983

I have NOT been able to enjoy the game for the past 4 hours.

I can fire 5 rounds at enemies, in a 4 bar-for-everyone lobby and NOT hit the enemy a single time.

I have used semi-automatics for 5 years.

It's NOT my aim.

It is very annoying.

its not u, its the game. i also prefer semi auto. useless unless game is fixed. played with smr over wireless 4G and owned several games in a row.

Ss78_

Going by your unedited response may I suggest you also take a wee break from this game too. We all want it to work and what you said is true for a lot of us. You just bothered to write down my and others exact thoughts which seeing your age was quite refreshing. The truth hurts.

LuckyScars1

Good. Give up and get out, please. You people are so impatient it is ridiculous. Everything has to be perfect from minute one or else you cry foul. You fail to read details, fail to take into account differences in a new game from the previous ones, and ALWAYS fail to stop and see what problems ight be present on YOUR end.

Maybe it's not the whatever m/s lag that hurts you; maybe it's your unadjusted, uninformed selfish play style you've had since CoD 4. Maybe it's you people being so anxious to rage at someone else for your inability to be patient and adjust to things that you continue to stink up your precious stats.

Get over yourselves and be patient with a game that's been in public hands less than 2 weeks. Or you can get out.

Ss78_

I'm sorry do you know me? No. Only level 40 on cod 4 and didn't play it much, for example.

You fail to respect others.

Now jog on.

Adeeez100

Very disrespectful, some of us are getting quite impatient because we have had these issues for three years running and i can 100% guarantee its not on my end.

You need to know i was biting my tongue while typing this.

LuckyScars1

People like the two of you fail to respect the developers and the amount of time that likely goes into even a simple change or tweak. I'm sick of you acting like impatient 12 year olds. Buck up and be patient.

I was not disrespectful. I'm just telling it like it is. Don't like it? Leave.

If you again feel the need to respond, just read this again. That way I don't have to re-type it to you.

Oh get over yourself slacker. People get on here to post up their experiences and how they feel about the game. This is the proper place to vent their feelings. You getting in here and trying to act like some hot shot Natzi isn't getting you any favors Slick. If you want to start up a Hater thread then by all means go do it so you and all your little girl friends can gripe about all the "complainers" on your own thread. I come in here to READ what others are experiencing and if it's the same thing that I'm going through. The last thing I care to see is some douche jumping on here telling all these people that they don't know what they're talking about and to be patient with a product that was marketed to be some uber new bad ass experience in game play. I'm sorry for you Capt Tough Guy but the product isn't finished and needs improvement. If people don't get on forums like this and post up the problems they're having then who will ever know? Why fix a problem if it isn't broke. Well, sorry Bucko, it's not working correctly, so I guess a fix is in order.

If you don't like the conversations going on in here, Leave. Bye bye now. ;-*

*gets off soap box*

IllusionGames

We do not owe them anything, nor do we work for them, we paid them what we owe them and in return we would like some results, Call of Duty was built by the gamers, not the developer, without the gamers support, Call of Duty would not exist to the extent it has, unless you believe the developers have some magic to force people to buy and play the game?

What has happened is they do 1000% better job at marketing then developing. This is certain.

Ss78_

Again you choose to participate in my thread and fail to respect me or fellow posters by being presumptuous and making statements of things you have no factual knowledge of.

Like I said before, now jog on.

Defcon 5 is a joke. There's a large chunk of the playerbase that can't access the actual Elite services and yet they're fully operational? Total bull.