27 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2012 12:59 PM by Scorr RSS

Call of UAV

I can't believe how different Black Ops 2 is from all the other COD titles...and this is not a compliment. I have started to  "adapt" as some shortsighted individuals have suggested, and here is what I have found:

To deal with the constant UAV spamming, I now carry the FIM stinger and also two Black Hats... and it still doesn't cover the amount of UAVs flooding the air space. Coupling this with the now awful Ghost perk, I find myself spending about 60% of the match looking up in the sky dealing with these damn things.

One would think, "So what? At least you are getting points to put towards your own score streaks!" False. By the time I have taken down two of these things, some red dot chaser has found me looking like I am admiring cloud patterns and has killed me erasing any progress I may have had.

I think that the game could be put back on a good path by fixing the Ghost perk so that I can at least not feel the IMMEDIATE need to stop my hunt and look at the sky, or lower the Counter UAV streak so that you can utilize it easier. I am sick of spending the majority of the match looking at the sky dealing with these damn things and not actually focusing on the players, and I know I can't be the only one that feels this way.

• Re: Call of UAV
    iTzSurreal

The game is made to be extremely easy for little kids and casual gamers. That and it's pretty much complete garbage. Besides the first Black Ops, Call of Duty has experienced an exponential decline in playability. Anymore it caters to 10 year olds and Swaggots that want to be good at a video game.

I don't mind people that love to run and gun and get easy kills, but to subject absolutely EVERYONE to that one style of gameplay seems unfair to me. UAVs just seem to taken the front seat in this game and it is eerily reminiscent of Halo where people are just chasing red dots.

The fact that I can't even sit in a spot as a sniper for a minute without saying to myself, "damnit all" when a UAV gets called is really started to get old to me. Turbine was clearly made for sniping, but you can go ahead and forget doing that properly...unless you are making an UBER SWEET YOUTUBE MONTAGE of quick scoping...pass.

DerekFrost

This game was made by the devs with the help of pro players (hence the million headglitches) so it's not made for the average player.  BO2 was supposedly made for pro players and to help everyone adapt to some of their strategies, but if a 8 year old boy at gamestop can win a free-for-all while quickscoping on opening day against some teenage tryhards then something is wrong with these "pro" players who hold themselves to such degree. All I'm saying is that if little kids can play this game better because they rush nonstop then you have a problem with the mechanics..

Couldn't agree more with all of you guys if daddy vahn doesn't stop catering to 10yr olds and scrubs we might as we kiss the whole cod series good by. This very sad to me considering I've been playing since cod 2 and have been camping hard since cod 4. It's so stupid that you not only have to moving for ghost to work but you can't even be crouched or ads without showing up for the dot chasing scrubs.

parnezzi

tbh the maps need to be much bigger, the way their designed atm someone can run across the map before you can lock onto a UAV and shoot it down.

I couldn't agree more. I've went back and watched games in theater mode. The second a uav goes up, they either sit in a corner waiting for the kill or they do a 360 and head directly for you. They want more people to buy their games? How in the world would a new player start this game and survive? If it was me, I would trash it immediately. I at least know what's going on. This game will live forever in peoples minds as being the worst cod in history unless they fix it. I don't think they care enough to fix it.

myevo8you

Most of the problem with UAV spam lies within the way Ghost is implemented, AND the way scorestreaks are handled. The higher scorestreaks (1100+) for an average player are pretty much not reachable so the best option is UAV, care package, hunter drone/hellfire missle. All the whiny babies complained that Ghost did too much in Black Ops and that is why they changed it. What they should have done is made Ghost ONLY protect you from UAV, instead of the other requirements. They already split the "stealth" class into FOUR perks, and by making Ghost a former shell of itself, they have made the game in "baby monitor mania". I literally played 4 games earlier and between the 2 teams there were 57 UAV's called in. FIFTY SEVEN. That is 14.25 PER GAME. This right here should be a red flag as to just how overused the UAV is due to the following reasons

1. Ghost is unlocked at level 55, the last level

2. Counter UAV is unlocked at level 33, AND requires nearly DOUBLE the amount of points as UAV

3. UAV is the LOWEST scorestreak

4. UAV shows the ENTIRE team where the enemy is

Actually if you think about it, the UAV is almost as effective as the Blackbird from Black Ops.

parnezzi

if the maps where well designed as the first BO maps then ghost and UAV spam wouldn't be as big of a problem as it is now.

ghost is just as annoying if not more annoying than the original BO just because theres no actual straight lines of sight past 10 meters

I recommend a three step program:

1.  Play Hardcore.  No " red dot chasers" there. 

2.  Play with a team.  Blops 2 is much, much more team-oriented than previous CoDs.  You can't just be a lone wolf and hope to succeed in this one.  There is never, ever a UAV up for more than five seconds when I play with my buddies and I've yet to see us run out of ammo with UAVs still up.  If you don 't have a team to play with, it's time to make new friends.

3.  Stop relying on Ghost to hide you and use the fact that UAVs only operate in sweeps to your advantage.  I can't tell you how many Pac-Man dot chasers I've waxed by moving in an unexpected direction while they chase my last known location on the mini-map.

Ghost was outright abused in both Black Ops 1 and MW 3 and I am glad they finally made it into the flanking tool it was always meant to be instead of a crutch for corner campers. 

I do, however, agree that CUAV should be available from the start and should cost as much as a UAV or perhaps even less.  Maybe we'll get a patch for that soon.  In the mean time, there are about three easily accessible hard counters to UAVs and several more soft counters on top of that.  You just need to use them more effectively and in conjunction with an organized team.

Dude your an idiot it was used for what it was ment for just like uav jammer and camouflage were to keep you HIDDEN.

So... you're mad because you can't sit in a dark corner and shoot me in the back as I walk past any more?  Sounds like Ghost is doing exactly what Treyarch wanted it to and forcing you to stop playing like a scared ostrich.

Keep moving, you'll be hidden.  Sit in a corner, you'll be dead.  That's all there is to it.  If you don't like it, go back to MW3.  Blops 2 will be better off without you and there will be one less cry baby I have to mute in the pre-game lobby.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I guess I'm one of the UAV spammers out there. My Scorestreak comprise of nothing but the UAV with nothing on the second and third slots. It helps my team a lot and I credit the UAV for a great number of my wins.

You my friend are a dot chasing scrub.

blb128

The only srub I see in here is you. You say been playing since COD2 and camping hard since COD4. You can thank people like yourself for the change. Camping hard is easy mode in COD. Good players can play any style. I guess since you cry about UAVs and ghost in every thread like this you can only do well camping hard. I hope you only play TDM.

Yes mainly KC or HCTDM but I can also run n gun at a 1.5 kd or higher. The point is that the perk is now broken and it does take skill to camp. In past cods I would hit shots with iron sights that most could not with snipers. Also me and team would win some HCTDM games 75 - 2 that my friend is skill.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I don't use the UAV just for myself but more for my team. I don't need the UAV to do good. I use it to keep the enemy on their toes and make them feel uneasy and unsafe. The more they run around the map, the easier it is for me since I run with an MSMC with Lightweight and Dexterity. I move fast, I have good aim and I can easily outflank them on one on one battles.

I use the UAV more for its psychological impact on my enemies without Ghost. 

And you sound like you're being consistently owned by a "scrub," which one would have to assume would make you an even bigger scrub. 

Isn't logic fun?

(Just realized how long of a response this was...so TL;DR = Hardcore needs more modes, camping was a viable playing style and never truly decided the outccome of a match, high scorestreaks are impossible to obtain, and UAV spam is just outrageous no matter how you look at it.)

Well then, this is what happens when I go to sleep and don't check this thread until the next day. Glad to see that this at least generated discussion, though I wouldn't say that calling one another names is really worth it.

I'll address some of the points and see if we can keep this discussion going:

- Hardcore Suggestion: I have played hardcore and will again, though I do have a problem with there being so few options under that gamemode.

- Camping: Hate it or love it, I rarely ever saw a game's outcome DECIDED by campers as there was always a way to deal with them. Plus, lets face it, you never needed UAV to find out where campers were in old games because you could tell where you were being shot from either from pure common sense or from the kill cam itself. What has happened now is that the constant UAV spam and lack of an effective Ghost has led to this game being a one trick pony with only run and gun with no chance of ever slowing down without an 75% chance of being killed immediately. So long reloading in cover, sniping while crouched, aiming down sights without stock, and countless other tactics that were actually normal/effective.

- Higher Scorestreaks: I wouldn't say I am a great player, but I am a good player with the capability of getting the higher scorestreaks in MW3, BO1, etc (not all the time, but more often than not). With BO2 I fear that it is going to be impossible to get and enjoy any of the high scorestreaks in this game...especially since I have enough trouble just getting a Dragonfire (spoiler alert: I have gotten it once).

- UAV Spam: That one person saying that there were 57 UAVs in one game is not exaggerating considering I once counted 42 in one of my games. You can walk around with the FIM and two blackhats and not even make a dent in this flood of aerial coverage...plus forget getting your own scorestreaks from taking these things down because you are definitely going to be found during your campaign against these drones.

iTzSurreal

Honestly, if camping was such a problem for you guys in previous CoDs, maybe you should have started checking your corners instead of running around like 12 year olds with sugar buzzes? Camping is extremely frustrating and a cheap way to get kills; however, it is pretty easily countered. Ghost, while it made camping cheaper, made camping easier to counter. You could run up behind an unsuspecting camper and end his/her kill streak. Ghost made sniping more realistic (still extremely unrealistic) and less of a quickscoping contest.

Yes, you can take out UAVs with the FIM, but half of the time you will get killed by a red-dot chaser with a MP7. If that doesn't happen, chances are there will be two more UAVs being thrown up for each UAV you take down.

Treyarch should nerf Ghost to the equivalent of UAV Jammer from CoD4. That was a balanced perk.

nightpr0wler76

Go back and play COD4/WAW, which were better games, and see how much UAV spam there is, its up constantly too, and you had to give up stopping power or jugg to stay off it, yet there were not complaints, hmmm, I wonder why that is lol.

Uavs are fine, shoot them down, or move a bit and ghost it up, problem solved.

iTzSurreal

Well, the big reason behind the lack of complaints was the map design. The maps were big and more tactical. You couldn't sprint across the map to find a red dot in five seconds. There were windows to take out people that blindly rushed. There were choke points. There were routes to flank those choke points; however, there weren't tons of routes to each point. Also, while you had to give up Juggernaut or Stopping Power, UAV Jammer was still viable. You didn't kill as fast as people with Stopping power, but chances are you would get the drop on them (if you were decent at flanking and stealth gameplay). Honestly, Stopping Power did a nice job balancing out UAV Jammer. It'd be nice to see a nerfed version of Stopping Power return and have the guns weakened a bit.

Sorry man but having to move for ghost to work completely defeats the purpose of the perk because no you can't even see someone and take cover waiting to ambush them.

You carry Black Hats and a stinger, and still struggle to stay on top of UAVs? You have a terrible party. Tell your team to either stop dying, or to keep the objective. My party has no issues AT ALL against UAVs, because we work together.

It's only the lone campers that are complaining about ghost/UAVs. Move up and help your team.