1 2 3 Previous Next 175 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 1:08 PM by Manus_Dei Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

I would love some feedback from the community, but after reading through the main complaints about this game, I believe that fixing Ghost truly would address the vast majority of complaints in this game.

- UAV spam: This would no longer be an issue because you would no longer have to be concerned with shooting down everything in the sky ALL the time.

- SMG overpower: Assault riffles do win when you can get distance between you and a SMG attacker, but with UAV spam you can count on dot chasers always closing the gam too quickly.

- Sniping: Forget sitting in a spot and actually sniping legitimately at the moment because Ghost presently doesn't allow you to sit still and ADS for even one second.

- Small maps: The maps are actually fairly large and complex, but with these constant UAV intrusions you find yourself swarmed with red dot chasers no matter where you are on the map giving the illusion that these maps are small and simple.

Ultimately, Ghost needs to be fixed so that it blocks UAV all the time, or at least gives you a 10-20 second interval of not showing up if you are sitting still because, as a sniper, I hate aiming at one person only to find that 4 other people with MP7s are behind me. I don't think it is fair that we are all forced to "adapt" to running and gunning because it is not tactical in the least bit.

• 1. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.
    rankismet

Sustainability wrote:

I would love some feedback from the community, but after reading through the main complaints about this game, I believe that fixing Ghost truly would address the vast majority of complaints in this game.

- UAV spam: This would no longer be an issue because you would no longer have to be concerned with shooting down everything in the sky ALL the time.

- SMG overpower: Assault riffles do win when you can get distance between you and a SMG attacker, but with UAV spam you can count on dot chasers always closing the gam too quickly.

- Sniping: Forget sitting in a spot and actually sniping legitimately at the moment because Ghost presently doesn't allow you to sit still and ADS for even one second.

- Small maps: The maps are actually fairly large and complex, but with these constant UAV intrusions you find yourself swarmed with red dot chasers no matter where you are on the map giving the illusion that these maps are small and simple.

Ultimately, Ghost needs to be fixed so that it blocks UAV all the time, or at least gives you a 10-20 second interval of not showing up if you are sitting still because, as a sniper, I hate aiming at one person only to find that 4 other people with MP7s are behind me. I don't think it is fair that we are all forced to "adapt" to running and gunning because it is not tactical in the least bit.

Nice job, OP... pretty much agree with you.

There were six things in the air in a game of KC at one time... 3 UAVs, 2 counter UAVs and a Dragonfire. It's kinda redonculous. I've shot down 7 UAVs, 4 counters, 1 chopper, 1 warthog in a SINGLE game.

Ghost is so useless that I've never bothered to use it.

• 2. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

Thanks. I should mention that it isn't like I don't try and shoot down all these things. I have a class that has the FIM-Stinger and two Blackhat PDAs, but even after shooting down 4 UAVs per life (assuming that I don't get killed while shooting down the UAVs) it still doesn't address the abundance of UAVs launched each match.

• 3. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

Something is going to have to change or this game will forever be broken.

• 4. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

The only support that people can provide for Ghost in its present form is that it deters camping...but I honestly have never played a match where the game's outcome was decided by camping. Even if the person was "really good" at camping, I still never felt like I needed a red dot to find the camper...and personally I enjoyed hunting down campers.

In the campaign to end camping, they have turned a once semi-tactical game into a mess of running and gunning.

• 5. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.
    DerekFrost

Honestly no. The only thing keeping campers from running rampant is the fear of getting swarmed by some SMG fanboys.

The maps are small there's no doubt about it.

The "AR's will be more useful" statement was untrue, you're trying to make more reasons why you should have your precious OP perk back.

Stopping UAV spams by buffin Ghost is just taking one extreme to the other, everyone will run around with Ghost and those who don't will be screwed because noone will be looking out for UAVs to shoot down.

In my clan we usually designate about 3 players per game who are in charge of taking down UAVs and with that many guys who are arguing over who gets to (for the score and exp points) UAVs dont stand a chance out there.  My suggestion is to embrace the challenge and overcome this SMALL obsticle because with lag and SMGs running around as the real problems here, this one just looks petty.

• 6. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.
    nightpr0wler76

I have no problem with UAV spam, the older games was pretty much constant for UAVs, I think people have become afraid to be on the radar, if you keep moving the radar does not update your every move. Or use your token to unlock ghost after first prestige and move around a little. I have not used Ghost once in this game, I dont need, I want people to know where I am so they come to me, pretty much like it was in WAW and COD4.  If you guys are afraid to be shown as a dot on the hud every few seconds, then I feel bad for you. Use your eyes and ears and you will be fine.

• 7. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

Great post, really lays the problem out well. I think a lot of people misunderstand the primary motivation for fixing Ghost. It's not an "I need Ghost to do well" issue, it's an issue with how the game feels and plays. Even if Ghost provided UAV immunity, I'd still shoot things down nonstop for the points, but I don't like feeling that I have to, or having to put myself in a poor position to do so.

• 8. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.
    sickazitgetzz

The best way IMO to revive this  game would be to make the UAV accessible only to the person who earned it

• 9. Re: Fixing "Ghost" would fix large parts of the game.

The game is just as campy as every other COD that had UAV immunity.

1 2 3 Previous Next