16 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2012 2:03 AM by 8_x RSS

Treyarch's anti camper rager developers have destroyed the dynamic of this game.

By overpowering the SMGs, crippling the ARs, crippling Ghost, and making UAVs so easy to get, they got exactly what they wanted: a short range, high action game with zero dynamics.

• Re: Treyarch's anti camper rager developers have destroyed the dynamic of this game.

Yep, your thoughts are in the majority.

It has gotten more nooby with every sequel.

Everyone on Youtube, just plays the game for money and/or their fans.

• Re: Treyarch's anti camper rager developers have destroyed the dynamic of this game.
    HaiValPal

I truly believe that they should increase the time limit where you can stand still for Ghost. If you pay attention, when you use ghost your yellow character fades on the minimap to represent your invisibility to the enemy UAV. When your character turns bright yellow, that means you're a target for the UAV sweep.

Allow me to list to you everything that makes your character turn bright yellow:

-standing still for more than 2 seconds (this means you can not reload while standing still)

-sashaying from side to side (this means you cannot reload while moving from left to right.)

-moving in a little circle repeatedly (this means the only way to reload is to constantly move backwards or forwards)

-when you are crouching and moving any direction but forwards, you are a target for the enemy UAV sweep.

-when you ADS to show someone for more than 2 seconds, you are a target for the enemy UAV sweep.

In all honesty, I think ghost in this game was is only supposed to protect you from the enemy UAV as long as you keep blindly rushing the enemy. TreyArch did not do a good job of balancing the perk because they knew that it can be used either tactically or not and instead of finding a happy medium between the tactical and hardcore camping, they chose to butcher the tactical approach in all of its forms. This hurts TreyArch's reputation because TreyArch is known for balance. Normally, IW intruduces a bunch of cool new stuff but they fail to balance properly. This was the case with MW2. TreyArch came in with Black Ops and did a very good job of balancing the game. This is why you heard a lot of people complain that the game was too balanced. Is there even such a thing? Too balanced? That's how you know you've done a good job.

All in all, I'll give them a little bit of benefit here. They did have some time to patch up Black Ops to get it to the level it was at. This game is still fairly new. All we can do is hope with a little bit more time, they will increase Ghost's time limit to 6 seconds get things balanced out.

DWolfe

All I read is "Blah blah blah, I can't camp anymore. Wahhhh".

Harv72

I don't think the game lacks in dynamics.  It's still very much possible to lock down a point or small area of the map when the enemy has a UAV up, you just have to be smarter about it & cover all the approaches.  And when it gets too hot, you have to move on.

I actually enjoy that aspect of the game...it's kind of a chess match between you and your opponents, you trying to predict which angle they'll approach from next, them trying to find a way to you without getting mowed down.  Understand that I'm not talking about "camping" in the literal sense, just using smart tactical movement & holding down objectives.  I've built up some pretty decent kill streaks with my LMG class like this, and it's actually more satisfying than when I roll off a bunch of kills rushing and flanking with an SMG and/or shotgun.

I agree Harv. People are starting to force themselves to branch out from the SMGs.

The problem is that the vast majority are all just rushing still, which is killing the dynamic.

This game could have amazing dynamics, because they did a great job on many aspects.

The problem is they crippled ghost, gave SMGs way to much range and to little recoil, and made explosive blast radius wimpy on everything except grenades, semtext, and air support.

All these things do is encourage everyone to rush in.