29 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 4:11 AM by T-boss RSS

aim assist..yet another thread

Padiego

Yeah, im a hypocrite. cookies. But i need to make this thread..treyarch has to see that lots of us are angry about the current state of the wii mote. Im not gonna disagree with analog users..you guys need aim assist. But not so much that the game basically holds your hand. today was the first time i have actually ever thrown my wiimote across the room....it made me this angry. Ill make it short and simple....i was playin dom, stuck with a horrid team, and i was getting dominated. everytime i looked at the killcam, it was an analog user (analogs havr reticle in killcams, wii mote doesnt). I got mad...i have played this game for two days now and i have seen only one freaking wii mote user that has killed me. After i picked up my wiimote, i took the gamepad and gave analogs a try in combat training....i picked a map that i was not familiar with and then i started the match...keep in mind i had not used analogs in bo2 beforehand. Well...i went 60-11. I noticed that as long as i ads, i would hit and kill. I didnt even need to aim near people. also, when someone ran to me, i didnt touch the left stick at all, yet aim assist held my hand and moved it for me. afterwards, i went and picked anpther map i had not played yet and went full mlg tryhard zxxxnoscope     with the wii mote. I wen5 40-15. I tried again....50-13. It seemed i did better wi th the gamepad...the wii mote just feels weird in this game. Theres no real way to keep both sides pleased. I suggest having a wiimote only playlist. i wrote this on a phone so forgive the spelling.

• Re: aim assist..yet another thread
    infinitlag

Well Im not going to go into treyarch's defense here. I haven't played the game, but from what you have just told me.......I am not inpressed.

ichilenozo

good post...liked it.

like2nap03

I still say wait for the Wii mote controls to get fixed and then we'll test out the balance between the controllers.  DA has the advantage right now but that may change.  As it is Wii mote players have to adjust to all the newness of the game on top of controls that just don't work right.  Hard to say DA is OP at this point. 

I'll just play the campaign and all my other games till then. 

fissuresofrequent

I have switched to the gamepad and I've been playing at a 3.3 KD. Kinda weird for somthing I have rarely rarely used for the past 3-4 years. The wii remote just feels so foriegn and I've been using it for 4 year. o.0

The aim assist is way to strong. It's like every time someone walks across my screen I get tugged to the direction of the guy running. The other day I aimed on a guy walking through a wall and I could feel the aim assist follow him through the wall.

I was also talking to Daworst and he said once his screen was tugging when we was walking through a door and next thing that happens was a guy came out the side of it.

I've noticed it while I'm head glitching (Not like I do it and camp 24/7) and a lot of times I'm in a window for a few seconds and I catch a low level noob who is doing bad off guard and he aims up at me and snaps on to me and the kill cam almost looks like an aimbot.

ichilenozo

Giving your scientific testing, there is no doubt now that ccp aim assist needs a nerf, I'm positive Activision will do something about that. The majority have spoken.

T-boss

had that feeling too, how it felt so different. probly a sign that wiiU has its own different code for wiimote controls, maiby.

but like i said, town down aimassist, it will be hard to balance the controls. near impossible since you need to speclize aimassist for different skilled players. make DA the easy to use control with basic and aimassist, enough to compete with the avridge wiimote user. slightly weaker than BO. were DA was only a little better than wiimote. prowiimote users would **** DA of anyskill if aimassist is low. but there is no prowiimote at the moment so DA is deffenitly OP. prowiimote would **** simply because you cant get good DA wihtout autoaim and if you put it in to fight pros, you will OP DA against wiimtoe as a whole, as most players arnt pros.

Goodtwin

Fix the controls for the Wii Remote and chuk asap, and see where things go.  Lets face it, fo ever 2.5+ KDR DA player, there are three .75 KDR DA players.  My KDR is already back up to almost 1.0.  Its way down from MW3 where I had a 1.65, but I think i can continue to do better once the cursor settings are brought back.  Its just painful right now when you have a really good DA player, and there seems to be a couple in every lobby.  I think christmas will bring in alot of the casuals, and us Wii Remote and Chuk players will probably stop complaining once our controls are fixed, and their are some noobs to kill.  Besides, once the League Play gets going, that should keep things pretty even. 

PikaBoo

*Tone Down....stop looking at me like that guys it was annoying me....

Fissures right though, day one I was using Wiimote and i tweeked and tweeked but it never felt right. I've been using Gamepad since then and yes, you can tell that someone is running behind a wall towards you with the aim assist on the DA controlls I've used it to my advantage and I feel dirty about it :\

thegmo

Honestly seeing all these thread about nerfing the aim assist for Dual Analog Stick controllers is plain stupid. The controls should be up to par with the other consoles. The aim assist for dual analog controllers shouldn't be any more or less on the Wii U than it is on the ps360 versions. The problem is that the Wiimote controls need to be brought up to par with Dual Analog controls. The Dual Analog controls are more responsive in certian ways. Also I don't know if anyone else has notice but WIIMOTE HAS GREATER AIM ASSIST THAN CCP/DUAL ANALOG CONTROLS! This is not as noticable during gameplay but go into a private match with a friend and cover the front of your wiimote(so that it centers to the middle of the screen and doesn't recognize when you point away) and ADS at a player standing still in the middle of your screen. Ask them to move around and you will notice that aim assist will follow them like an aimbot until they move away really fast, get out of your view by going behind an object, or you aim at the screen and change where you're aiming. I've noticed this back when Black Ops was out on the Wii, and have tested it multiple times. You cannot or at least should not say that Wiimote is lacking when it comes to aim assist. The main thing I see that the CCP has over the Wiimote when it comes to aim assist is that the CCP has aim assist during hip fire while the Wiimote does not. This is one instance where I agree that it may be OP over the Wiimote and I somewhat agree that it should be removed but I don't think it should be removed unless removed from ALL versions of the games for all systems. I really hope you all understand what I'm trying to say here. The CCP style controls aren't really OP, the Wiimote just needs to be designed better to be brought up to par with them. Also if you guys don't believe me about the Wiimote aim assist please feel free to test it yourself, try it a couple times if you don't succeed the first try. I can even make a video of it if you'd like but I really wish I don't have to because my internet is horribly slow and it would be a hastle to upload just as proof. Anyways, these are just my views of how things are and how they should be. Feel free to disagree.

Bergoo

Wiimote sniper with a 1.8 K/D and rising.

I agree there is something weird. watching kill cams my jaw drops when i see such little recoil.

NkoSekirei

i agree man i keep on getting robbed on kills along with my friends due to the aim issues from the wii mote and it sucks im hoping they can patch this issue soon

I remember back in the day when I was told Aim Assist in general was flat out nooby. Since that day I have never used it (on Wii remote), and I think people should take my route. I'll admit that I have lately been using CCP (for a legitimate reason) with Aim Assist and it does seem pretty powerful, but not as powerful as BO1's CCP Aim Assist. At times I wait for it to kick in and it doesn't. I feel like for me it doesn't work all the time almost as if certain players have a perk preventing it. I haven't used aim assist on Wii Mote like I said, but I have been better with the CCP, but it could also be my getting accustomed to the maps.

like2nap03

The aim assist on the Wii remote messes me up even worse right now.  I never used it in any of the other games as it wasn't needed and I like having full control of what I'm doing without computer help. 

But since the pointer controls are messed up I thought I would try it in this game agains some bots.  And yeah, I went negative against bots...on regular difficulty.  Wii Aim is no bueno for me.