1 2 3 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 3:07 AM by Hunter6003 RSS

Ghost Perk in upcoming CoD

KoRny1

EDIT***below is my original post about the problems with Ghost in BO2. I made a comment about the new upcoming CoD so the moderator tried to screw me by moving the thread to "off topic."

Since I can't do anything about it, I've just changed the name of the thread and will have to make it known that I am now talking about the future possible mechanics of the Ghost Perk in the new game.

Tired of reading opinions on the "great" change to Ghost, written by people that don't even use the perk. These people have no valid opinion. They're just happy that people can't stay invisible while camping and they don't care how overdone the nerf on the perk actually is.

In previous CoDs, people using ghost, while crouching in the corner of a room was a serious annoyance, but they have effectively made the perk useless.

I myself agree that Ghost should force you to have to be more of a run and gun type of player, but the 1-2 second buffer that it gives you to continue moving after stopping is just not enough time.

As it stands right now, Ghost will stop working in less time than it takes to stop moving and reload a weapon. Ghost will also stop working in less time than it takes to climb a ladder. Moving while aiming down the sights also causes you to move slow enough that Ghost will stop working. This means that you can only aim down your sights for 1 (literally 1) second before you become visable on radar.

Once you stop moving, the perk will not recognize that you have started moving again until you've already covered the distance of about 10 feet. This means that if you stop for only one second, and then move again, Ghost will have stopped working for a split second before it realized that you started moving again.

Not only does Ghost force you to be a run and gun player, but it forces you to be down right reckless. You can't take your time making sure the coast is clear before turnning a corner because the perk will stop working in 1-2 seconds.

I can not emphasize enough to the people that don't use this perk, it doesn't just stop working if you stand still, it stops working if you aren't moving fast enough. The word "Caution" can not exist in your mind if you want this perk to work.

Read my above points and try to make a rational defense of the way Ghost works now....You can't.

• 1. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.
    nuttin2say

I hear you man.

Right now, though, I wish they would get the damn connectivity issues resolved.

Just like when MW3 came out, my accuracy has taken a nose dive. Once  they got the connection issues good enough to live with, my accuracy started going up and so did my kdr.

I wish I could have tried Ghost by now to see if that would help me. But I just can't do BO2. People magically appearing right before my very eyes and I don't even see or hear their gun go off and I'm dead. Meh, I'm out. Call me when I can play on a decent connection.

• 2. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.
    KoRny1

Same...The only reason I still play is because I know I can reset my stats once I get to top prestige, so hopefully they have it fixed by then.

• 3. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.
    drunkenroyalty

Ghost is garbarge now. I use it, cause it helps just a little, but it is in fact garbage.

• 4. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.

As it stands right now, Ghost will stop working in less time than it takes to stop moving and reload a weapon.

Uav's only blip somthing like every 1 second or so, you may appear on the map for a single UAV cycle if you stop while reloading. but who stops to reload? if you are a run and gunner walking backwards away from the corner or side stepping behind cover keeps ghost active and you can reload cancel and get back to work.

Moving while aiming down the sights also causes you to move slow enough that Ghost will stop working. This means that you can only aim down your sights for 1 (literally 1) second before you become visable on radar.

No it doesn't. There are plenty of videos out there showing you that as long as you move at all except consistent side to side or circular patterns ghost stays active.

Once you stop moving, the perk will not recognize that you have started moving again until you've already covered the distance of about 10 feet. This means that if you stop for only one second, and then move again, Ghost will have stopped working for a split second before it realized that you started moving again.

There is almost a 2 second grace period to stop moving and restart before ghost becomes inactive, moving again resets the grace period as long as you are moving.

Not only does Ghost force you to be a run and gun player, but it forces you to be down right reckless. You can't take your time making sure the coast is clear before turnning a corner because the perk will stop working in 1-2 seconds.

How is this possible? If you are using ghost properly on an SMG with dexterity and quickdraw you are likely to outgun anyone in a head on encounter around a corner (with the exception of lag compensation) and if you do happen to slow down and ADS around the corner as long as you keep moving ghost stays active.

Read my above points and try to make a rational defense of the way Ghost works now....You can't.

Looks like you didn't do your research before you posted this because the amount of falacies in your statements are purely "oberservational" from your Bias point of view. Ghost works exactly as intended and exactly as it should. I was very tired of the bush wookies of old in the previous Cod titles and I don't feel guilty about using ghost in the new game. It's a legitmate perk and one of the more useful if you know how to properly apply. it.

Link to proof against your claims.

• 5. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.

He posted pre patch (I think) so doesn't seem up to date with the adjustments made to Ghost. Ghost is being considered "useless" by some because its no longer a viable perk for all playstyles. It's now a perk that only truly compliments aggressive and experienced players and its these players who feel its a great perk now. I think as people become more experienced with such a playstyle then, in time, they'll come to realise how good it is in its current guise.

• 6. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.

They already nerfed the UAV. I think the real truth is that campers will never be happy until their enemy is forced to play blindfolded and run backward through a corn field.

Personally, UAV's aren't necessary in more skilled games that don't give such easy aim and low health, but in this game, the camper gets too much of an advantage and the UAV is just making it slightly more fair. You are free to continue to camp, but they have now set fair restrictions in place to penalize you and I think they are very appropriate.

Everyone's opinion is valid because opinions are neither true or false, they are simply opinions.

• 7. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.

I wasn't sure they fixed anything for ghost other than the problem with the silencers showing up while using ghost. But I didn't read the cliff notes.

Ghost now is balanced. It's not to be used by someone to sit in the back and pot shot people anymore and it's not as good as flack jacket if you are playing objective game types. It is exactly what it needs to be to promote a faster TDM, KC and FFA environment for players considdering this game is truly a twitch shooter.

The video I posted in the link was also done pre patch so even if it was prepatch rambling about hating the perk he was still wrong xD

• 8. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.

I meant adjustment (singular) I was referring to the silencer and movement related adjustment, I presume he may have been getting killed a lot because of it hence his complaint. On the flip side I've noticed in KC/TDM if your team of hapless UAV spamming red dot chasers are up against a team if at least 50% Ghost enabled players you are soooo goin to lose :D

• 9. Re: Valid opinion on Ghost.
    samarian78

There is no question that it has changed the gameplay of CoD completely. My concern though, certainly in TDM, is the general gameplay in 'most' maps now consists of:

- Charge to the enemy spawn

- Turn round, charge back

It may change somewhat with the UAVs now requiring more points, but that remains to be seen.

1 2 3 Previous Next