22 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2012 6:33 AM by RedXTheUltimate RSS

Being "good"

MoNsTeR_zAcH

I would consider my self an above average CoD player. I have KD's that are above 2 in both Black Ops 1 and MW3, but in this game stuggle to maintain a KD above 1.3. I find that those people who are performing with what are considered good scores with semi-rare exceptions are doing one of 3 things; using a shotgun, sitting in their spawn hardscoping, or sitting in their spawn with a target finder. Is this really how Treyarch wants us to play? I want to be ableto rush with an AR or SMG and be able to do good. This would rewuire a few things, good spawns, good hit detection and some actual f***ing footstep noise. Please Treyarch, don't cater to those who lack the skil to perform well without help, give us back what CoD used to be.

• Re: Being "good"
    banned-again

sniper are not supposed to rush around getting kills they find a good vantage spot and snipe and if that there own spawn area then fine as for the target finder i use it on all my guns from smg's - lmg's and i think is a great attachment

maybe you just USED to be "good" and now your just not that good anymore, and running around with SMGs (if you read most of the posts on here) are one of the game's main problems, that they are over powered

i have a 2.2+ ratio in every single cod other then mw3 its 3.71, and i do a bit of camping but i move to other locations n camp there i have certain camping sapots on all levels, and i have a 2.53 kdr on blk ops 2, its not hard, i wud call my self a good player, but u can spawn kill on, a few levels easily with a team of 6, HIJACKED, YEMEN, n others but if u have a 1.3kdr, i dont thnik ur an 'above average cod player' your actually lower then average mate lol.....

Mikeyboymike

Why do people think they have a divine right to be "good".  Different maps, differnt guns, different game.

people 2 years older, maybe the reactions have changed.

Who knows, but just because your k/d is lower doesn't mean the game is broke. Just means you need to play better and wiser.

After all, aren't below avergae players allowed to improve??

RedXTheUltimate

That's why the game is set up the way it is, to allow for improvement and constant modification.

yes i agree with you mikeyboy n red ex it just depends on the knowledge n game time uve played/experiance, liike for example its just knowing where your enemy will turn up, and AGE has nothnig to do with playing cod, anyone at any age can play good just depends if your an fps player

RedXTheUltimate

Except kids that are like 6...I honestly think I'd cry if I lost to a six year old...lol...

lol considering my gameplay i think it wud be impossible, and its an 18, just report em

RedXTheUltimate

Seriously, what are these parents thinking when they let their little childen play this game? o.O I swear I got cussed out by some little 12 year old kid the other night when I was playing Hardpoint.

I must admit the target finder attachment is crazy (My kills count started to increase significantly  when i started to use this). Its hard to re-adjust after using it also so it may not be so good long term to rely on it. For the time being though it is definately worth equipping, you need every possible chance you can get to maintain a decent KD with Lag, connection, spawn problems being so bad. Its almost unplayable some evenings and so frustrating. I can't remember any previous release being so bad. Population growth on this game must have expanded somewhat since the early days of MW