8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 3:12 PM by Np4uNoahC92 RSS

Is wiimote sniping the same in this game?

Chicago563

Some of you may remember me from the MW3 forums. I'm probably not gonna get a Wii U until next year, so for now I will continue playing MW3. Anyways I was a huge fan of the wiimote sniping in MW3. Is it the same in Blops 2?

• Re: Is wiimote sniping the same in this game?
    T-boss

it has a bunch of settings, so i bleave 1 of them is like MW3, never actuayl played MW3 wii so cant say for sure.

Np4uNoahC92

If you enjoyed Wiimote sniping in MW3 then you OBVIOUSLY need to get your head checked. Nothing will ever come close to being anything even remotely close to WAW Wiimote sniping.

WAW: Perfect Wiimote sniping. Never should have been changed.

MWR: Nothing works in that game because of lag shooting.

BO: Wiimote sniping wasn't bad but definitely had it's frustrating moments.

MW3: Worst Wiimote sniping implementation ever. It was awful.

T-boss

WaW, worked fine

BO, felt jumpy.

BO2, customizeable but doesnt feel finished.

ichilenozo

Np4uNoahC92 wrote:

If you enjoyed Wiimote sniping in MW3 then you OBVIOUSLY need to get your head checked. Nothing will ever come close to being anything even remotely close to WAW Wiimote sniping.

WAW: Perfect Wiimote sniping. Never should have been changed.

MWR: Nothing works in that game because of lag shooting.

BO: Wiimote sniping wasn't bad but definitely had it's frustrating moments.

MW3: Worst Wiimote sniping implementation ever. It was awful.

Talk for yourself. For me there were more sniping maps in MW3 Wii than BO1 (only in Array u can succeed against very good players).

If in MW3 you used MSR you had lots of chances to succeed at hardsniping. It is a one shoot kill sniper rifle plus the perfect precision. Maybe you miss quickscoping, the unreal way to play with a sniper gun (although noobs will still use the Barret as a fire-from-the-hip machine gun and still get lots of kills). Even more, the MSR is the lightest rifle so you can run a lil bit faster with it than any other sniper rifle. If you add the Stalker perk you can keep on the ADS from afar and move side to side while the enemies fail aiming at you from distance. Even, even more, the cost of attaching a silencer to the sniper rifle was almost zero in MW3 Wii, not like many other COD were you really had to aim over the chest to get one shot kill with a bolt action rifle.

Np4uNoahC92

Who said anything about the amount of sniping maps????? I was simply stating that the CONTROLS for Wiimote sniping on MW3 were worse than any other CoD game. Sniping was very doable on MW3 but was definitely worse than the other games. I still don't know why you bothered bringing up one gun over another. I never said anything about maps or guns on MW3 and yet that was all you talked about. My response was on topic and concise. You chose to ramble on about something that NOBODY else in the thread brought up. It was completely off topic and in no way an intelligent addition to the conversation.

Kind of.

This game doesn't have WaW and MWR pointer style controls. It's just called Pointer. There' also control stick and precison. The pointer controls for sniping don't feel like pointer MWR at all IMO.. A lot mroe jumpy, so I just went to precision in stead.

Sniping is hard in this game for me. i'm stil getting used tot he controls.. But lack of cursor sensitivity settings in this game is making it a little difficult. We are supposed to get that in the next patch though. I don't know the ETA of it though.

ichilenozo

In BO2 the maps make it very difficult to snipe, and the lack of protection from the radar that Ghost used to give you (now Ghost doesn't work if you are standing) forces you to run and gun...so I guess if you like quickscope this won't be as frustrating. But to me, as a hardsniper, I can only find 2 maps were you can have decent sniping points but still once the UAV is up there enemies will hunt you and kill you. I recommend create an overkill class so you can take an SMG as a secondary just in case....you will be using it a lot.

If you don't use the Wii-remote and prefer the classic controller then you are safe. You get so much aim assist in this game that sniping is easier than ever before. You'll see lots of people blaming the DSR...but they don't want to admit that it is cause aim assisted quickscoping that there are players running and gunning with it, cause with the Wii-mote is very, very difficult to do.

I disagree. Sniping in every map is  doable. I've seen at least one person snipe in every map I played, and I have done so myself personally Most maps have long enough sight lines that allow you to do so, no matter how cluttered some of the maps may be in some areas.

This is the classic case when lots of people were complaining about not being able to snipe in MW3 when it came out, but in reality.. They were just getting used to the map layout, and not used to cluttered cqc areas. Months after, you see people sniping in every map, and there's at least half a dozen maps that definitely benefit snipers, with the other maps being doable also, including dome.