37 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 3:11 PM by PyGoNxPaYnE RSS

How to make Call of Duty fun again! Tried and tested method

Quasifrodo1

Lots of complaints on this forum lag this, ghost is rubbish now that.

Over the weekend I started playing with a group of guys i used to play black ops 1 with and it just reminded me how to have fun on a game again.

Stop over analysing what you are doing and relax. In one move I switched from a party of moaners and complainers, players that think they are better than they are that had an excuse for every single death they had. The moaning got that bad that I had to quit out of the party and I hate to admit it but leave the game. Within 10 minutes I had chilled out and the 2 players from the previous game that I actually enjoy playing with joined me. We then invited in some older players. These guys arent the worlds best but they can hold their own, play as a team and most importantly have fun!!

We spent the next 4 ours taking the piss out of each other, chatting rubbish whilst playing the game. In the four hours we lost 1 game, got the 3 minute triple cap challenge and for the most part all went positive.

The only nerfs needed to this game are to the complainers nad excuse makers and the only buff is to peoples attitudes in having fun.

The highlight came when one of our group made the immortal statement that UAV's are overpowered, ten seconds after asking for one and als

o after I managed to get upto a lightning strike killing 3 people and shooting stuff down, Love scavenger!!!

Anyway, relax and enjoy is my motto try it you might like it!

• Re: How to make Call of Duty fun again! Tried and tested method
    TigerGenetics1

Very nice, well thought out post. I very seldom post but I felt this one worth chiming in on just to say thank you. It's refreshing to see a post about enjoying the game for what it is, a game.

happypsycho

Thank you! Most people think that playing well = fun. But really having fun makes you play better.

nicedrewishfela

Very well said, OP.

I think I had this revelation myself a while back. I found myself getting into that trap of complaining about everything, and as a result I was just not enjoying it. I was frustrated, and everyone that killed me I saw as being a cheater. Every time I got a hit marker I would groan that my gun was underpowered. It just jaded me on the game, and even with friends I just didn't enjoy it. Put the game away for a while, played other things. When I came back, I made the decision to just relax and enjoy the game, no matter what. I was an average player, I accepted that, and just went into every match and did the best I could. I even switched my clan tag to "FUN" for a while, just to remind me when things got frustrating.

I love playing. The groups I play with are just a lot of fun. We joke around, insult eachother, talk about both serious and nonsensical issues. We complain and moan about the game of course, it is just what you do when you are frustrated. But in the end , we just have fun. We don't win every match, but we try.

If you ever play against me, you may hear me getting frustrated when things are going rough. I am a very competitive player and hate losing or letting my team down by performing poorly. I may complain about something or call someone a camper (or uglier) name on the death chat.. but that is just me being in the intensity of the moment. The difference now is that once that final killcam comes on, I am over it. I am back to laughing and joking around with the people I was just cursing out. That is the nature of competition. When on the field of battle you are beating eachother to a pulp, but once you step outside the lines all is forgiven.

Getting tired of the complaining as well. There are legitimate complaints, of course, that deserve to be discussed in a rational manner, but some of the vicious, borderline obscene posts I have seen lately get under my skin as well.

Keep enjoying yourself man, that is what it is all about!

Totally agree. Have fun. If I hear one more thing about lag... Haha.. Truth is, we're playing against better playeers now. If you can't take a deserved loss on the cheek, what fun is it? Analyze the game in theater, figure out what you did wrong. easy...

Scorr

Completely agree.

We were trying to trap an enemy with riot shiels to kill him with a care package earlier on...

...didn't work but we had fun.

So you had fun losing one game in 4 hours?  Mind boggling.  Everyone should what full party win and not worry about the shortcomings of the game?  You should go lose for 4 hours and figure out why its fun.  It's sounds like your ran a full party pub stomp and enjoyed the fact that people weren't complaining during that event.

Quasifrodo1

Not in the slightest we just didnt focus on the game too much and played the objective. Came up against a team of quick scopers that destroyed all of us kills wise but we hammered them in terms of game score and got the win. I was already in a six man party, just with too many complainers and whingers. 2 of the players in the second group, the fun group never went positive and one of them is a friends girlfriend who's good games are 5 and 20, but regularly posts 1 and 30.

The fun aspect had no tie to the game it was the people we were playing with, the wins came because we were more relaxed.

I personally play better when I am having fun in the party and playing the game becomes secondary, Its almost going on autopilot and not thinking too much about what you do then your decision makking is alot smoother

biron_w

I generally do enjoy this game. And have fun playing it.

For me the most fun is equpping the R870 on a map like Slums and just running around like a complete loony. It reminds me of running around Favela with the SPAS 12.

cwatz

Good in theory, but not entirely effective.  Playing with a lighter outlook is great, but id still rather do it on other CoDs. 

KTPhoenix

It is pretty hard for me to do this when all the things I see wrong with the game are constantly happening right in front of my eyes.

Yesterday I played HQ on Yemen and as i was lying down behind a rock I got killed. I saw the killcam and it was a sniper that scoped in and shot me 2 times through a rock to kill me. That was some BS. Needless to say I backed out after that.

Then every HCTDM I had after that, the spawns were completely horrible. I even went into a house and looked around, saw no one, took 1 step and got killed from behind by an enemy. I went through that entire place and checked EVERY corner in a matter of 5 seconds so I know there was no one in that building yet somehow an enemy got behind me and killed me.

Then there was the problem of spawning me next to the enemy on several occassions where I literally had no chance to defend myself.

And I cannot forget where I was using the KSG on a small map and had 5 kills not count because I shot those players point blank and didnt get 1 ruddy hitmaker.

Sorry but when the problems I face are right in front of my eyes, it is extremely hard to relax.

CowboySr

Yeah unfortunately the game mechanics of this game are so poor that none of the 20 people I use to play with are playing this right now. So what is left is myself and one or two other guys that cant beat people 1v1 anymore because of lag and the enemy spawning 10 feet behind me even if Im in the back of the map already. Im all for havin fun talking with friends, but dont piss down my back and tell me its raining. This game is in shambles right now.  Im am a huge COD fan but I do not see the point of continuing with this nonsense anymore.  Unless some huuuuuge patch comes out for this game, Ill prob invest in far cry 3 or go back to mw3.

WAW RIP

BOPS series- BIH

Quasifrodo1

Sorry that your gettting the rough end of the stick. I started playing this game on shocking internet whilst I was waiting for mine to be installed and had plenty of wtf moments but I had to put the down to my connection. Since my internet arrived I have had very few wtf moments. i'm guessing I'm just one of the lucky ones but i reckon 99 out of 100 gun fights i lose is down to a mistake on my part not on anything.

I can only comment on my experience though. Hope it improves for you soon dude as I'm really enjoying it

I may be wrong here....but for all the complaining about spawning, bullets through rocks etc....isn't the game the same for everyone?  Don't those same things happen to the person that just killed you? Learn what it will let others do and do it in return.

It is still a game, right?  Just a game.

sounds like you had a gay party chat with some friends and came out the closet.. this doesnt change how annoying and laggy this game is.

jcostanzo27

the game became more fun over the last two days when I started playing my games focused on challanges.  

Work towards that challenge, get 5000 xp switch to another challange get 5000xp

You can work towards Prestige - Combat effeciency - put three attachments on a gun and work on all of them at the same time.

playing on a winnin team helps too

totally agree with the OP. I have a few people on my friends list, that I have stopped playing with due to rage and ********. Now I play with the friends that play for fun. I am playing and enjoying. Just overlooking the flaws and realizing that everyone (MOSTLY) is having the same issues

Tomnician

Go play zombies if you want to... "Have a good time." or "Play for fun."

When I play, I play to slaughter the other team, and always have enjoyed it in the past...

Now you have a game that is essentially the SAME EXACT dynamics of the other Call of Duties and my K/D breaks even or even goes NEGATIVE.

THE ONLY TIME IVE EVER GONE NEGATIVE IS WHEN I WAS TAKING A $HIT or HAMMERED IN ANY OF THE OTHER CALL OF DUTIES.

Game is so broken, piece of garbage...

Quasifrodo1

COD is my chill out time and break from the real world of work, I play to enjoy myself not to ***** and moan in every lobby if I'm not doing well.

If your KD is different in this game and you are, heaven forbid having a couple of negative games why not try changing your play style.

There are flaws in this game but no where near as many as people make out.

JSlayer211

Another psuedo-hero for Treyarch in the making. I'm beginning to wonder if these people are being paid by TA to make these threads as the game is obviously in need of major fixes. Anyone to say this game is fine the way it is, is obviously trolling hard.

Quasifrodo1

No hero for tryarch  at all I've just found a way to make this game fun for me and all I had to do was play the same game with different people.

With My new connection i'm always tending to pick up host so whenever I do I sit back and change my playstyle to counter it. From the complaints around the only fix needed is to the lag comp to create a fair playing field for everyone.

As for the nerf this buff that, oh my god I cant use ghost, oh no theres loads of free points in the air(otherwise known as UAV's) I cant possibly play like this those complaints are absolute rubbish.

Each game takes time to get used to. I started as a sub 1kd player on MW3 and by the end of it ran a 1.4 regularly putting in 40+ kill games at the end. I've started this as positive because I have been a little more cautious and not arrogant enough to think I can use any weapon and do well. Yes I use the subbies, because if you cant beat them join them. Once i'm more confortable I'll  be back to the LMGS and the shot guns.

I dont understand the repeated need for complaining as it just stresses everyone and cant be fun.

However, this is all just my opinion and every one is free to their own

starbuckfrack

Quasifrodo1 wrote:

Anyway, relax and enjoy is my motto try it you might like it!

Too bad thats a placebo effect for the players who get their butts whupped

Seriously too many people on this world are "gimme, gimme, gimme" and they want everything perfect.

nothing in this world is perfect and never will be, even with something we own, like a car for example.

No one understands that we dont own this game, we make a choice to licence it and that is all.

I love how people think those that like this game work for Activision , or something, when they cant see past the fact that its only an online portion of a video game.

dastealth

I have to say that this was a good post. I indeed believe that more people should play for fun. In saying that also, it is hard to have fun in some games. I don't mind when I get outgunned or when someone outsmarts me or even gets a lucky shot or two but there are some games where I just cannot get a kill no matter what I do. These are the games I get very raged up about so I have learnt that when that is happening I just need to take a step back and either (A) concentrate on talking with my friends instead or (B) go play campaign or zombies (which is awesome).

KoRny1

Couldn't disagree with OP more.

This game is definitely more fun the better you do. If being in good company was the only factor that made the game fun, I wouldn't even play...I would just go over and chill at my friends' house.

I can still enjoy the game if I'm not tearing it up with kills, but as soon as I start getting back to back deaths by people that killed me 0.0001 seconds after coming into sight, the game starts to lose its luster.

This is the way to go about playing COD and when you relax your kills and score get better. But why say "I hate to admit that I quit the party and left the game." ? If you've played COD since MW you know when your in shitty partyand in a shitty lobby and I will not hesitate to leave, why wait for them to leave just leave yourself. You're not bound by a blood oath to stay are you? They can pick you back up in a while, if there were some some decent enough players in your party i'm were annoyed also.

blb128

Good post. I too play with some people that rage constantly. I just mute them but they can bring the whole party down. Funny thing is when they are the last one alive and we are watching them play and they rage most times they shoud have died. We tell them their aim was off a little but they dont see it that way. Sometimes they do get the shaft though. Everybody has the WTF moments though

In college my friends and I went HARD on the first black ops. we all lived in the same apartment complex; so everyone would bring their tv to my place and we would gather around a bottle of captain and split wigs into the wee hours of the morning.

Well since then we have all graduated, I have goten married (and trained my new wife in the art of CoD), and all work nice lil' 9-5's.

Well we have made it a tradition to gather around our own bottles of captain on friday nights and party up for some ground war mayhem.

we get wasted, chat about how much we hate work and wish we were in college again and generaly pull positive KDs and some good wins.

I play this game to keep up with my buds, not to ensure that the population of this games knows how grosely oversized my e-peen is.

TL;DR?: couldn't agree more OP