40 Replies Latest reply: Nov 27, 2012 6:40 PM by ItsAmirror RSS

KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing

CowboySr

Ive been chalking it up to how this game  is full of unplayable lag but it doesnt matter what room Im in. You can be point plaint ADSing from 3 feet away and miss a guy thats not moving 4 times and he turns around and shoots you. That same game you can ADS at a guy 30 feet way and OSK him. Is there something I dont get about this shotgun? Why does it missing everything?

• Re: KSG- What the hell is wrong with this thing
    grif77775

it needs a hip fire buff with the laser sight, so many times it I've missed when the laser is on the guys chest. apart from that I haven't had any issues with it.

I think its the lag, plain and simple. I have had problems with it as well, and no its not because I'm hipfiring it, I ADS every time.

You're suffering from lag.

thetizzleguy

This sir is not Lag... i have the same problem and my connection is mint ( taking away lag comp)..

The KSG is garbage in this game.. unless you basically kissing the enemy player you will not even get a hitmarker.. range is about 1 foot at this point in time...

KSG = BROKEN.

CowboySr

This is what Im saying though, distance is totaly not the issue, I swear you wouldnt believe the distance this thing has on it- seems like 100feet if it hits and its a OSK ADSing. Then you can be 4 feet from someone and shoot 4 times into their back and get nothing over and over again.

Sharted1ce

its like the min and max are reveresed...... the further it travels the better the chance of osk. i get hit marker within max damage range all the time and osk from medium-long distance.......its really inconsistent. I know it fires a slug and thats what made me look forward to it. It should be OSK all the way through a range of about 100+yds

trialstardragon

correct. latency is causing you to see a person and fire when they really are not there anymore and have moved over about .5 seconds to the direction they were moving.

Even when they seem not be moving they sometimes may be and your screen may not have caught up wiht what they are really doing yet because of latency.

Try the gun in a private match and have the other player not move, it does not happen it will hit them every time if your aim is as true as you think it is.

parnezzi

every single shot precision weapon is like this in a CoD game, just lag issues and the fact you can't spam the **** out of it.

besides from Mw3 and snipers of course

rockypeters

I agree with trialstardragon, you are missing your shots mostly due to data packet latency and poor connection(probably not your own, but the host's).

The KSG is a super badass weapon, it's just a bit difficult to use.

CowboySr

Why dont I have the hit missing with all of the shotguns or the one shot snipers then?

trialstardragon

different gun, different match, different connection, different result.

I have had the ksg work like a beast and have it fail. I have had the svu be dead on every shot and then have it miss a 5 food held breath head shot where the player was not or barely moving on my screen.

CowboySr

Assuming it shoots a slug, why does it miss so much and get no hit marker at all while ADS and It doesnt happen with snipers at all. If its a matter of someone moving like suggested and then theyre gone I should be missing with snipers too.  This isnt the case though. This thing flat out misses  over and over again from 1-15 feet ADSing.      

Im not gonna get into lag comp, Im talking about shooting people in the back 3-4 times and getting nothing. I wont even try to break apart why it doesnt kill first in CQ 1v1 because of lag. Im talking about pointblank no hits in the back over and over!

I would have given up on it a long time ago if It wasnt for the damn diamond armor thingy. 

trialstardragon

latency, lag, hit detection. you aimed at a spot where the player was actually not acording to the host.

it is sort of like how the pumps did in mw3 where they could miss for the same reasons which lead to lots of people crying they were too weak.

When the gun works and is in a good lobby that thing kills faster and easier then the snipers, when in a bad lobby, it is worse than the grenades of mw3 where even droping one at someones feet would not always kill them.

makes the game frustating with some guns yes. I do agree. which is why I tend to use the ones I know and understand how they work, like the lmgs, and the snipers and some ars.

Not a fan of sg's but not a hater either. when a sg user gets a kill on me they earned it fair and square if they got that close to kill me, especially if I was using a lmg or sniper.

rockypeters

^ Dude's right. Also, the slug's trajectory is not always directly forward from the player. The trajectory is likely to be calculated based on a cone raycast. The point of the cone would be located at the end of the barrel and the wide end is placed outward from the barrel opening. The wide end would be determined by the weapon's accuracy level(The more accurate the weapon, the smaller the wide end). Then a random trajectory can be calculated using the cone concept to hold a specific level of accuracy. This is just one idea as to how Treyarch may have created their firing accuracy setup, there are many different ways to do this.

That sounded good in my head, I hope it gives you an idea as to how this works.

P.S. There are levels to the firing accuracy as well; moving, still, and ADS. Moving accuracy is based on movement speed.

TheSurgeon83

I'm stuck at 5 bloodthirsty medals off getting the KSG gold, done all the other challanges. Found it's very reliable if I quick ADS with it, don't think I've had a single hip fire kill with it yet but played against a guy yesterday who hit me first time from different distances with hip fire shots. Wish I could pull them off.

BuX

This gun is great. Stop thinking it's a freaking AR. Its still a shotgun even tho it shoots a slug. So try just pulling up on him and shooting. I have fun with this gun because of its 1 hit kill range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXGchKi8k0

This Video will explain everything you need to know about the KSG Shotgun.

CowboySr

Dont take this the wrong way, but, watching a guy who admittingly says this is only the second time hes used the weapon and manages to go +2 is not what I would consider qualified information.

The bottom line as he pointed out just after the 4 minute mark is that for some reason this gun does not hit people when you put the marker on it and he at no point suggests its because of lag. Theres something wrong with it, which is why I started this thread.

I had an instance where i shot a guy while flanking him 4 times, body shots. No hit marks. He then killed me. Its not the gun, its the lag. Lag has royaly fukked this game in the ass.

Dscru

Took me a long time to get the blasted thing maxed + gold. I'm in no hurry to ever us the thing again

So many BS moments (more than any other gun).Getting 10 bloodthirsty medals was a hassle

Fire it at a wall so you can see how precise you have to be aiming it. Couple that with lag and you'll understand why you're not getting any hitmarkers from 5ft away. (Yet can 1hk 30ft away - joke)

Best piece of advice I can give is don't bother with it. 2nd best is to ADS as much as possible. It's easily the worst gun in the game to hip-fire with. Better chance of a kill hip firing a bolt action sniper with auto aim disabled.

CowboySr

This is exactly what I mean. I can fire it at people that arent moving people!!!! 4 times from 4 feet and it will miss them all LOL. This isnt lag, its like it shoots out on a 90 degree angle sometimes.  Then Ive one shot people from the library all the way to the bathroom on aftermath. Thats got to be like 100+ yards!!!

What's wrong with it? Nothing's wrong.

Part of it has to do with lag compensation, but the other half is that it's a slug round.

This is different from your usual buckshot in that the buckshot has lead balls that scatters out after leaving the barrel.

I'm not really into shotguns, but I believe the slug round is just a single, high-powered round.

When you ADS, you need to be as precise as a sniper. The trade off is extended range and power.

In hip fire, your probability of being on target is signifigantly decreased.

So what this means is that you need to have a very lax playstyle that gives you enough time to line up a good shot at a reasonable distance.

Noob_Lyncher

I had the same problems. It's all lag comp. I got it gold a few days ago, and noticed that some games I couldn't hit someone standing still, point blank, with 3 shots. But some games I would massacre with it. Using the Long Barrel and Red Dot helps.

nicedrewishfela

Seeing a lot of talk about connectivity effecting this gun, which may be true to some extent... but I think there is more to it than that.

I am not much of a shotgun guy, admittedly. Never use them in pub lobbies unless I am just messing about. I tend to play Custom Games when nobody is on or I am too tired or not in the mood to play Pub games. Watched a video from Hutch the other day praising the KSG, so I thought I would give it a run in Custom Games just to see what it is all about. I usually just play HC TDM 1v 9 against the Bots on Recruit or Regular(Not playing for the challenge necessarily, usually just to test setups and learn maps. Step it up if I am looking for a challenge.)

I equipped the KSG with laser sight and made several observations during the match. It just seemed to me to be a very schizophrenic weapon. There were times when I would ADS and get kills at a fairly long range, and then others when the Bot would just stare at me before shooting me down. The hip fire on the KSG is poor by design, but even with the laser sight it is iffy at best. Had moments when I ran over hoards of bots, and then others when it appeared I was right on target with the laser only to miss. So it really isn't just the lag or latency, it truly is an inconsistent weapon. Granted I haven't used it a lot, but just as a casual observer that is what I noticed.

The Remington 870 is much more efficient. The range seems to be comparable, it reloads quicker, and is much more reliable  when hip fired.

rockypeters

^ word. It is designed to be a bad hipfire weapon. Awesome gun though.

I am curious, is everyone under the impression that the laser is showing the actual location that the shot will travel to? This is not the case. The attachment increases accuracy, but the laser itself is for show. Don't forget that your opponents can see it.

nicedrewishfela

I have never been a fan of hip fire in FPS games, so I don't do it often, and therefore don't use the laser much. I don't use it to aim, I play HC modes so I just aim the gun at the chest when hip firing. I agree, the laser isn't necessarily 100%, but the attachment definitely makes hip fire effective. I have watched teammates who never ADS... it makes me shake my head that they are winning battles.

mrRussellx

you know it fires a slug right? not a spread of pellets.

The video below shows one cause of it. Or read below.

(When you change stances going from standing to crouch or crouch to prone even when fully ADSing, your accuracy will go horrible and actually WORSE than hipfiring sometimes.)

Another cause is ADS moving delay on this weapon. When you ADS while moving, there's a 0.2 second delay until your bullets will go right where you aim. If you shoot before that 0.2 second delay even when fully ADSed, it'll be like as if you were hip-firing.

Yes, this weapon is broken in a way, and could use some fixing/tweaking. These two problems I stated above need to be fixed/tweaked.