45 Replies Latest reply: Nov 28, 2012 4:15 PM by RBKB24 RSS

Spyplane Spam Drives Me Up The Wall/Ghost Is Useless

Seriously, it doesnt matter what game mode you play.  Every 30 seconds... spyplane.  You might as well have programmed the game without splyplanes and ghost, and saved time by having the map set to active and always on.  The way I see it, ghost forces people to play, instead of chase a map around.  On top of that, having ghost that works (none of the "must be moving" crap) keeps the spyplanes at bay.  If it only works on half of the people playing, less people use it.  Again, I sometimes wonder if the Devs even play this game other than to test it.

• Re: Spyplane Spam Drives Me Up The Wall/Ghost Is Useless
    JC480

I just don't know why noone on my team ever tries to shoot UAV down??  I always have to do everything myself. Oh well.. more points.

Izjar11

Solofatty wrote:

Seriously, it doesnt matter what game mode you play.  Every 30 seconds... spyplane.  You might as well have programmed the game without splyplanes and ghost, and saved time by having the map set to active and always on.  The way I see it, ghost forces people to play, instead of chase a map around.  On top of that, having ghost that works (none of the "must be moving" crap) keeps the spyplanes at bay.  If it only works on half of the people playing, less people use it.  Again, I sometimes wonder if the Devs even play this game other than to test it.

Have you played previous titles?

I asked that because if you did you would know that the reason things are the way they are is because of insisting complaints about ghost, about camping, about things. What you are playing is a direct result of "complaints".

We have to know deal with what the game is, like it or not.

See, camping never has bothered me unless its some guy in a corner with an assault rifle hiding directly behind a claymore... and even then it doesnt bother me.  Grenades and launchers were built to handle campers... that and growing up and not charging blindly at a camper to get a revenge kill, only to get smoked over and over.  IF someone wants to camp, let em.  but now, there is no sneaking.  there is only run and gun.  that is it.  This game is completely run and gun.  Lay down to snipe?  You'll get shot because ghost wont work.  its stupid.

phxs72

I've got a couple of classes with ghost on them mostly as a defense against well organized teams when I'm stuck with poor randoms.  The rest of the time I run without it and do just fine despite the UAV spam.  Of course, my team generally is UAV spamming them right back.  So it's not like the other guys have any more of an advantage over me than I do over them.  It's not really an issue once you learn the gameflow and how to manuver tactically around the map.  Of course, I played a lot of KC in MW3 so looking over my shoulder is second nature to me.

Izjar11

So it's not like the other guys have any more of an advantage over me than I do over them.  It's not really an issue once you learn the gameflow and how to manuver tactically around the map.  Of course, I played a lot of KC in MW3 so looking over my shoulder is second nature to me.

This is a good player mentality! Adaptation, acceptance moving forward!  Not being a whiner, but a true player! Great response phsx72.....

Highwayman0226

Kind of dig the new changes to clean up the camping a little bit.  You can still camp, but you are showing up from all the spyplane spam.  Adapting to the game is one thing...the lag/lag comp is a little more troubling to overcome.

Izjar11

I never doubt that those who write about connectivity issues aren't truthful, I've dealt with it myself. But the one dudes who just can't shut up about guns, perks, scorestreaks, are the weakest players.

I dont say too much about the connection/lag issues... they are awful and I'm pretty sure the Devs know it and are working on it.  But honestly, it has become one big run and gun fest (moreso than normal).  There is no alternative.  The map is always lit up and if you know someone is chasing you and you hide around the corner... boom, you are on the map too, even with ghost.  It doesnt make sense.  It make more sense, to me, to adapt to the way people play... not to having every player constantly know where you are.  I dont even use ghost that much.  I just know that when it is effective, less people use spyplane and that makes the game a little more playable.  I have yet to be in a game with anyone that got the upper tier killstreaks (other than in a package).  I think this is a testament to spyplane issues.  There is no hiding... only death.

Highwayman0226

It's hard for me to make an accurate assesment on guns and perks, with all the lag I've experienced (1 second behind the entire lobby), but the game seems pretty balanced.  The perks all have a place and compliments personal playstyles.  Basically, there isn't ONE perk that you NEED to compete.  The amount of attachments per gun adds more fun to the game as well.

People who complain about run and gun are unable to do it effectively themselves. I started playing in MW2 and was that idiot sitting in a room with dual shotguns and claymores when I started. Needless to say, that didn't last long and I actually learned how to play different styles. If you can't adapt to different playing styles then you will continue to lose. Spend less time on the forums complaining, and play the game more often. If you are hung up on not messing up stats then make a different login to "learn" on. There are also multiple ways to combat a Uav in game, use eaither of the launchers or a blackhat to knock them down. If everyones Uav gets shot down quickly every time they will adapt their play style and use a different streak.

Highwayman0226

The only problem here is, that people that can't run and gun effectively, aren't effective in this game.  Quite a few players like to hang out, off the radar and take pot shots.  Why is this not an acceptable gameplay style?

Using all the perks that hide you from all equipment, throw out some claymores and hide in a window shooting is a style. It's called camping and many people do it. The mentality that showing up on radar means instant death is just not accurate. The Uav lags in its display of position. Line of sight is your best defense in this game. I use the uav and I run and gun without ghost. The only thing I want from a uav is to see the general area of the enemy so I can go there. I don't use ghost much at all. So i almost always show up on the map when Uav's are out and almost always land in the top three at the end of games. What I'm saying is that my style is effective but apparently to you it is not acceptable. I believe every style of play is acceptable, but wether it is effective is a different story. How many times do you think someone outgunning everyone head to head gets killed just shy of a killstreak by an "off radar pot shotter"? How many players are now stealing teammates care packages from the comfort of their hiding spot using a black hat, while I'm trying to re-roll for something better than a Uav?

wikked75

that's not true at all. i can be fairly effective running n gunning. i am almost constantly moving, but i do stop to reload, check behind me, survey the objective area, and so on... so learning to adapt isn't really the issue. i just don't like that playstyle.

i spend as much time on the game as it lets me, before it freezes and i jump onto mw3 or something else. stats mean absolutely nothing to me, and i can assure you, i don't even have a clue what my kdr or w/l are in this game or any other one. taking out uavs are always an option, but not a good one. black hat just takes too long to hack. and there are plenty of times i go to take out a uav with the launcher as soon as i hear it called in, only to take aim at one and see 2 others flying around that were never announced, so i end up dying because i now am trying to shoot two rockets and hack one with a black hat.

The Uav is nothing like the vsat that gives real time data. Do you not use tha uav yourself? It's only three kills to get it and levels the playing field when both teams have it out. There is now way in any of these games to remain invisible and camp. Not liking a play style is fine. I don't like people that sit in rooms and try to shoot across the entire map. If it wasn't for run and gunners you wouldn't have anyone to shoot at. I've been in games when both teams were camping and couldn't get past 30 teams kills. It's silly to play that way. Campers should be more thankful for having targets to shoot at, and complain less about run and gunners out gunning them when they rush their camping spot. You have to remember too that the more games everyone plays the better they know the maps, and the hiding spots. There is no way to know if a Uav leads a rusher into your hiding spot, or if it's just experience from previous matches.

kurt24

The problem is this game has become one dimensional R&G, and I think it is because of the lag and it is impossible to win gun fight against an SMG.  I play all different styles in previous COD titles depending on map type but this one has made it very difficult to use anything but an SMG.  The worst thing is gettting owned by a pistol which seems to happen in just about every match.  Too many pistols kill in 2 shots.

People who have no idea how to do anything but blindly run into traffic (run and gun) are always the first to complain that the rest of us dont know how to play (or run and gun).  In MW3 I was primarily run and gun, had a 2.08 and almost 30 days of play time.  Same goes for BO.  Had 24 days.  Its not like Im some noob who has never played.  Come on, man.  Surely you have noticed this issue... although from the sound of it... you like the spyplane spam.  It probably plays well into your style.

The first to compain? This is a thread about how unfair it is that ghost doesn't allow you to camp and stay off of the radar screen. With the lag issues it makes it more difficult to run and gun. You said in an earlier post about being chased and trying to hide around a corner being impossible because of uav. Well when you are being chased the other player has line of sight on you going around a corner. The other player doesn't need a uav to know that you are trying to find cover to fire back at them. I don't just chase someone around a corner so they can be posted up waiting, I'll try to flank them. I can't even tell you how many times I've shot someone in the back of the head because they tried to run and hide, and wait for me to blindly chase them. It's a game with random players and ever evolving tactics. The maps have been designed to allow multiple lines of sight that are within the range of smg's so many players choose to use them and gun battles happen up close frequently. Run and gun is not the only option though. I get picked off from halfway across the map by people quickscoping, window shoppers camping with a target finder on an AR or a LMG. I do like the spyplane spam for two reasons, 75 points for shooting it down and the false sense of security it gives the other team that they will out manuever me. I only use the Uav to give me a general idea of where the enemy is and then use my eyes and ears to kill them.

Destro788

Exactly!!!!  Just one of the major game play issues of this game. UAV can stay but make blindeye work like it did in the past.

TRU11

does anyone know how a damm sentry gun cant see you lol.

rtmgp2002

Or use the the Hunter Killer Scorestreak.  My Hunter Killer is  constantly killing the UAV, even when I'm trying to hit the opposite team.

r8edtripx

Solofatty wrote:

The devs have definitely been listening to the griping about Ghost/Assassin in previous CODs, and have changed it; IMO, for the better.

I feel that if you're moving and taking more of a chance, you should be hidden from the UAVs. I think it's perfect. If someone chooses to play more of a defensive play-style and not move very much, then I think it's great that their position is revealed.

The new Ghost is great because it forces campers to be more skilled.

I do prefer the way ghost/assassin perks used to function, but in its current form the camping has lessened somewhat compared to previous games. Sure, people still can camp but now players can't just equip a perk that keeps them invisible and spend an entire match camping the darkest corner available. I understand the reasoning behind the decision to change the perk, and I actually have no issue with the new implementation.

LMFAO? im rank 55 non prestiged i have over 3k kills i run ghost 3/5 of my classes and i think ghost is fine the way it is it doesnt need a buff at all

btw i think you're a moron and im surprised how many replies this thread has gotten

i AGREE, ghost should mean ghost. this **** just seems way to fast forwardish!

I use ghost on all but 2 classes and it works perfectly fine to play defensively. If your a defensive player, you really only want to be blocked from the radar when you find yourself in the enemy spawn and on the move. That's exactly what ghost does. UAV spam if your friend as well if your running ghost. Either shoot it down for free points or if your team is bunched up, then just use them as a distraction and flank the enemy

Killerdriz

Your right. Just change your tactics for ghost seems simple but we cod players adapt

To all new changes every new cod that comes out we adapt our play style to suit thae game

Ghost is fine for me I run and gun straight to the enemy spawn points.

Set up ghost with lightweight and extreme conditioning. Grab your favourite smg

And mess up the other team

dubhicks

Just think of it this way, EVERYONE is always on the radar. It's not just you or your team. UAV is almost alwayus present, for both teams. Adapt to it and move on.

I don't hate the ghost perk how it is. What I don't like exactly, it's the time they have set of ± 2 seconds when you're not moving or moving a little bit is too short... When I say camper, it's someone who is standing at the same spot without really moving during a big amount of time, I would say maybe ± 10 seconds.

During game play, you can't really wait for your package without being spotted easily even if you're not waiting near your package or just surprise the enemy because you know they are incoming your way (when they have UAV). There are a lot of other examples that makes Ghost a little bit useless in some situation (even if I’m playing with that perk always).

Who doesn’t scratch their face while playing? It takes 2 seconds (lol). We have to consider it, so you're always spotted when stay still during scratching or atchouming. LOL! But seriously, the controllers and our thumbs aren’t made to press the joystick and run during all the game. I've got 3 controllers and because of COD, all my joysticks are almost broken lol and BO2 makes it worst.

In conclusion, they should put ±7 seconds not 2 seconds to be visible in radar when not moving. They have tried to eliminate the camping but seriously there will be always a way to camp with bouncing grenade and shocks grenade abuse. Otherwise, why not implement something different, if someone is standing still in the same place during a long period of time (±15 seconds) they should be visible on radar even if there is no UAV in the air. Now people will learn to move wait 5 seconds and move again, if you know what I mean.

GG! See you in game!

stonculd

What's the counter to the new target finder sight?

SULLY130EighT

I run Ghost on 4 or 5 classes. What's wrong with it? I don't undestand your complaint.

They should've have just turned "RADAR ON" I swear, too many ******* UAV's