1 2 3 Previous Next 168 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2012 9:13 AM by Foxhound-Pro Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

MLGTWISTED

This video was made by Tehspeagles, check it out, more proof that lag compensation exists, and some have reported even more lag time than this.

• 1. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    midnighter20c

Great video and post on my gaming site that get's over 250,000 page hits a month.  http://showtimeforfree.com/index.php?topic=5762.msg71915#msg71915

Also nice voice for a video over.   Clear and easy to understand.   Good job.

• 2. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    AlexanderMcKing

Best video showing what i experience 80% of the time since i started playing on the day of release.

• 3. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    maccabi

All the video shows is the game is working as intended and people's continuing misconceptions about being behind the server and that somehow lag is now "lag comp" haven't dinimished.

Your gamestate does not run on the same timestamp as the "server" it isn't supposed to everyones gamestate is slightly skewed this is what the point of lag comp is to remove the visual glitches associated with latency. How many times do people and the devs have to explain to people that the killcam and theatre are NOT accurate to your gamestate before it sinks in for people?. Theatre isn't what the "server" sees its a playback made from the actual timestamps in order they are received by the server. What you see on YOUR screen is a gamestate UNIQUE to you .

The thing is when you die you would still have died if there was no "lag comp" system in the game the only difference is instead of complaining you died and blaming it on lag comp even though you shoot first you'd be complaining that you died due to lag as there wouldn't even be a player on your screen.

I do find it funny tough especialy this video that the maker starts to say he was lagging, as was everyone else but anyways..

the first "clip" the guy running towards him he gets the kill, granted the theatre reply puts the guy slightly forward but thats whats supposed to happen. You guys keep making all the videos showing what you think is proof the systems bust but all you are doing is proving the sytem working as intended, by giving each player a unique gamestate that is unique to them that gives the impression everyone else in the game is on the same ping/latency as them thats it. theres no mystery here no penilising a player with best money can buy internet ect.

the run behind cover thing at 4mins is unfortunately one of the aspects of adding a lag comp system want of a better phrase into any game you get wtf moments, it cant be helped.That is caused by basic cant be fixed latency caused by playing over the internet.

The problem is nowadays with killcams and the ability to play back events is people instead of just accepting they died analyse it and find faults so instead of saying oh i died and moving on will come onto the forums and scream blue murder that lag comp killed them.

you can all wave this video of yet more proof but end of the dy im afraid it is just like all the others and isnt.

• 4. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    VanillaFlava

This is the absolute epitome of what's wrong with this and the last two games. I really hope this can get viewed by Vahn, because there is no excuse for a game lobby to run like this when you are on a solid 4 bar connection.

• 5. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    VanillaFlava

And another thing example #2 is the most damning example. This happens to me all the time, literally every single game. It's no wonder you feel like you have no time to react or even breathe because the enemy is seeing you a full second before you are. Please, Vahn watch this video.

• 6. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

You know ... every online fps has lag compensation nowadays. But have you played Counter-Strike, BF3, Halo recently? The lag comp works soooo effing smooth in these games. Even in Black Ops 1. But they totally screwed it up in Black Ops 2 for some reason. How am I suppose to kill someone if he's a whole second in advance of me. For those affected people, it's just unplayable.

• 7. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    maccabi

VanillaFlava wrote:

And another thing example #2 is the most damning example. This happens to me all the time, literally every single game. It's no wonder you feel like you have no time to react or even breathe because the enemy is seeing you a full second before you are. Please, Vahn watch this video.

No they are not your statement is based off the flawed assmption what you see on your screen is the same for that other players it isnt.

Its very easy to demonstrate this, just go into a party and make sure everyones got they tvs up loud or their mics very close to their hadphones and listen to the games call outs like uav incomming they are not all at the same time.

You could if there was someway possible put everyone in a lobby next to each other and if you viewed their screens would see the game is different on everyones screens slightly (you may not even notice some if theres  few 100ms' of difference as thats basically to fast for you to percieve anyways

• 8. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar

CRAP!!   how do you explain shooting someone in the back at a window say , only to have them turn around and kill you with no problem at all, then your killcam (which i understand what you put before) shows you havent even fired a bullet?

do you expect people to just accept nonsene like that an move on?

Maybe they would if it was a rare occurance like in previous cod games where you just think hey i got screwed there but carry on, but in this game it happens ALL THE TIME!! hence the people on here screaming blue murder as you put it!

• 9. Re: Black Ops 2 Lag Compensation VIDEO PROOF - @DavidVonderhaar
    iKushtyy

@maccabi... MW1 and MW2 was nowhere near this bad. Oh, great defender, I would like you to explain why this never happens on MW2. Oh, and FYI, WoodysGamertag has the single best video on his channel showing BO2's atrocious connection problems.

1 2 3 Previous Next