17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 12:10 PM by zvers RSS

Did they tweak the connection?

Has anyone noticed a difference in the past week or so in the lagginess when it comes to cqc i've played maybe an hour all week cause i just end up shutting it off. Im losing all my gunbattles and not even getting hitmarkers half the time. The game was playable (at least for me) since launch so i dont know what the ****. Its weird. I dont even wanna play it anymore...

• Re: Did they tweak the connection?
    ownedbyagirl84

There hasnt been a patch but alot of playlist updates. I find my lag is way better then when it first came out. But there is lobbies where the lag is so bad Im just skipping and jumping along.. It depends whos hosting...

Idk somethings definately wrong with mine thats for sure.

Raketti

The latest hotfixes they have pushed out seem to have made some difference for me too. 1.03 messed up the matchmaking and increased the lagging drastically for me, last week it was hard to kill anyone in nearly all matches. I took a break from playing and hopped back on Sunday night and this morning, I still get way too many matches with lag issues in them so i cannot consider the connection consistent or fixed, but i'm also getting into good lobbies again. I hope they keep this up and keep on improving.

Raketti

I spoke too soon. Now that's it evening time here and a lot more people are online, i'm getting only matches with nothing but lag. But then again that should not suprise me since starting from BO, followed by MW3 and now BO2 it seems the connection is worse for me when the player pool increases. The matchmaking should have better chances to do what it is supposed to when there are more people playing, but it just does the opposite and finds me lobbies with the majority having a 3bar and some with even only 1.

I've been doing suprisingly well, i might even get games with 2 or 3 K/D while collecting as many tags as possible on KC, but it requires flanking and avoiding any sort of short range gunfight thanks to the horrible connection. On the rare occasion when I'm the one on a 3bar, i find killing people even more difficult.

I'm working now to get my MSMC golden as that will be the last of the SMG's to do, and it frustrates me that when in do get in to 1v1 on short range, i seem to lose all the time, and even if win i need usually half or more of the clip even if i hit every single shot to get the kill.

It's a weird feeling, you are supposed to be having fun while playing, but even if you get a good gameplay you might be irritaded due to those excess deaths and scorestreaks cut short thanks to lag.

featherman84

Connectivity was transformed in to a b1tch since patch 1.03.

kellysa111

It was fine until a couple of days ago. In the 3-4 years I've been playing CoD, this is the first title that has actually made me throw my controller and headset to the floor.

So yes, I think they changed something.

ghamorra

If you think about it the closed in maps would be hard on the connection. It would mean that there's more stuff going on at within a close proximity of eachother so there are more packets that need to be transfered in order for the game to be accurately portrayed to the party.

Bigger maps are slower paced so the demand on the packet transformation is less

Hoaks

That makes sense, I changed my router to Channel 11, since for America 1, 5, and 11 are fixed, as the rest jump around.  But also did an MTU test from my PC by pinging Yahoo, and changed my router and PS3 to 1492  instead of 1500, as that is the number where I had no packet loss.  Has played much better since then.  I've been wondering if people are getting packet loss issues, where things are held up and that could be contributing to what people see as lag.  Maybe if everyone got there settings to the point where their service can handle it some of that would go away.

hyper72

Im walking away.....and shaking my head at treyarch £40 for a kick in the nuts thanks. Should of learnt my lesson from mw3 stupid me well not again.

Doesn't make sense to walk away before patches to matchmaking. Unlike previous titles mine played fantastic lag wise until the first patch came out. Many people who are dealing with lag now have been saying the same. If they can gets things closer to the way they were at the start minus the freezing, it will be a great game.

SirYogiWan

wish I hadn't bought it nothing but issues the game is rubish as when watching killcam or 3rd person you see ppl die that haven't been hit, the graphics are 2nd rate. they told me they fixed an issue I had reported and closed my complaint but told me nothin and still have the same issue cant play solo. WONT BUY A COD GAME EVER AGAIN WILL BE STICKING TO BATTLEFIELD BY EA

If you dislike the game so much then trade it in or sell it. Either way no sense in you posting here anymore then. People whining and threaten to never buy again, and leaving the series crack me up. Just go then and leave the forums to those who are keeping the game and would like to discuss matters like adults.

sdredger

its been ok fro me mostly - its felt like the good/bad side of lag has shifted fairly, good game bad game rotate evenly -  good kdr = 4, bad kdr = 0.2

today tho has been awful! im getting about 1 kill to each 10+ deaths.....

i run out of ammo before i can move on to my second kill

today i want to break the game.,

i think its ******

pops2u

sharp I agree with you completely.

I was doing god before the last hot fix. Now after that the same thing i am always behing people. I have open ports, run test it says 24 to 27mb. I have prestige 4 times and now when I go to a game I go like 3 and 15 it is like wow. My k/d was 1.45 and has dropped to a 1.30 in the last few days of my lag. I run in h/c  and do not camp.

You do get a good game in every now and then when it like 24- 4 than it switches servers or something and back the other way.

HERE is game play.

game starts up i click my gun and take a step. it repeats itself and moves me back to the start point and then again it finally works and everyone is about 30 yards in front of me already shooting.

I know its the issue of servers but it is frustrating when you know your better than most of the people in your lobby and then you look like your a shitty player.

can't wait till its fixed and some more hardcore games like kill confirm.... team based c'mon man...

pops2u

sharp I agree with you completely.

I was doing god before the last hot fix. Now after that the same thing i am always behing people. I have open ports, run test it says 24 to 27mb. I have prestige 4 times and now when I go to a game I go like 3 and 15 it is like wow. My k/d was 1.45 and has dropped to a 1.30 in the last few days of my lag. I run in h/c  and do not camp.

You do get a good game in every now and then when it like 24- 4 than it switches servers or something and back the other way.

HERE is game play.

game starts up i click my gun and take a step. it repeats itself and moves me back to the start point and then again it finally works and everyone is about 30 yards in front of me already shooting.

I know its the issue of servers but it is frustrating when you know your better than most of the people in your lobby and then you look like your a shitty player.

can't wait till its fixed and some more hardcore games like kill confirm.... team based c'mon man...

zvers

Don't play wireless. I just wired up my PS3 recently with a dedicated T1 line and the hit marker issue has gotten a lot better. There is still lag but it helps the hit marker problem big time.