18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 6:31 PM by dartzreunion RSS

Can we get an update?  Seriously...give us an update.

HK_Pickles

Seriously...

Can we get an update on what bugs/tweaks are being worked on?  It's been 3 weeks since we've had any type of communication, and nothing official from anyone connected with this organization, on what is actually being tweaked/fixed.

I would think that this is the least that you could do.  Put up 1 simple post.  List out different issues that are being worked on.  Give us "rough" time frames.  Even if they are months away.

I would go as far to say, "You owe us this much."

• Re: Can we get an update?  Seriously...give us an update.

You are truly an outrageous consumer. 

It's been TWO WEEKS and you are complaining about an update?!    You know how much down-time this game would have kicking people out of ranked games every few hours if devs released each little change they make as its own individual update?

Let's see YOU fix anything in two weeks, especially while catering to a plethora of different setups including MANY different brands of processors, RAM, video cards, HDDs, etc. 

You cannot quite ask a programmer in a situation such as this for a "rough time frame" simply because a lot of things ARE trial and error in programming.  You want them to push broken updates on you all the time, be my guest and keep crying about it on here, but I am willing to wait a short while for legitimate, working patches.

HK_Pickles

I was asking for a post update.  Not a client side update.  Try to keep up.

You say "legitimate working patches"...which are what exactly???  Oh, you don't know?  That's what I'm looking for.  What are they working on...?

I don't think it is in any way, shape, or form, ridiculous that I get some info on how a company that I purchased a product from, is going to fix my product that isn't working properly.  If it is working as intended...than at least I will know, so that I can delete it, and throw it in the trash - I have a hard time believing this is the end product they were looking for.  However,...strange days are these.

Of course can we expect some updates so far! Instead of optimizing Black Ops 1 they simplified the new game. E.g. no cfg-editing but still hackers and cheaters are online. Some features for PC are NOT available anymore, e.g. 120Hz vertical refesh rate of monitor. That is frustrating us! And we have payed a lot of money for that game.

It reminds me like Infinity Ward fools us with the statement that dedicated server are included in MW3, finally the ded. server were UNranked!

Maxxgold

@NoMonitor what seems to be your problem. Since Activision is making millions of dollars from us it hardly seems like it should be a problem for someone to let the community know whats going on with udates and tweaks. Many people have paid for the game and it doesn't work for them. If it didn't work for me then I would want some kind of update or my money back untill they came up with a solution. Either way after making millions of dollars someone could easily keep us updated on whats going on.

@NoMonitor - Troll elsewhere, you clearly haven't read the thread at all.

Secondly - I complete agree with the Op, far too long without an update.. not only are there issues with the game crashing/joining lobbies etc but certain things like Smg+Laser sight need looking into.

What I tend to be hilarious is, the PC community put Call of Duty on the map back in the day - Oh how soon are we forgetting when there's bigger fish to catch.

You can follow PCDev on twitter @pcdev

He has responded to many people about what the PC team is looking into and if you have an issue of your own that you want seen you can tweet it to him.

To the O.P. - I read your whole original post the first time, and what I said is correct; You want an update and you want to know how much progress in which departments that update will contain.  For what it's worth to you, Mr. High-and-Mighty my game isn't currently working either, but I am taking that up with pcdev on the proper venue rather than ranting about it on a public forum he likely doesn't read.

There is no problem with how they are handling their update process, or the information which they are releasing to the public.  Like I said, you don't promise something unless you know it's going to come through, otherwise babies like you are going to come here and cry when it doesn't work.

You see how counter-productive your little rant is?  All it does is get more kids rialed up on these forums instead of taking your issues and putting them where they really belong.

HK_Pickles

@NoMonitor = Troll is trolling hard.

Twitter = public.

Twitter profile = individual

Forums = Public

Forum posts provided by company = branded

You provide updates on forums for your community because they stick, and its the "official" place to spread the word.

You can continue to use twitter if you like - no one is stopping you.  However, I am going to post in the forum that they have made available for people to post such requests.  This is also (as per the landing page) how they like to officially communicate to their customers. 

That said, my original post stands:  I/WE WANT AN UPDATE ON WHAT FIXES ARE BEING WORKED ON! 

This is a simple request.  Post an update and give us some sense that you are actually doing something.  For all we know, they are playing table tennis, and drinking Red Bull because they believe everything to be as it should be.  How would I know otherwise?

If you refuse to visit a venue which plainly shows what they are working on, that's fine, but don't act like I am wrong for suggesting it and don't get upset that I am pointing out your ignorance.  They post here when they've completed updates; haven't you noticed that yet?

HK_Pickles

IF there were official updates, and IF they were working on somethign, regardless of venue...it would end up here.  If you have some many of these "official updates"...why not just post the links here?  We both know they don't exist.  I dare you to prove me wrong.

I maintain...there is still no update.The ignorance sir, came from your first post and continues to do so.

Providing a list of "what's being worked on" after you release it, is not communication.  We are looking for, what is happening during the silence.  Are they working on FPS drops?  How about the broken party system?  Hip fire accuracy?  Lag comp?

That said, my original post stands:  I/WE WANT AN UPDATE ON WHAT FIXES ARE BEING WORKED ON! 

This is a simple request.  Post an update and give us some sense that you are actually doing something.  For all we know, they are playing table tennis, and drinking Red Bull because they believe everything to be as it should be.  How would I know otherwise?

https://twitter.com/pcdev/status/275647766749921280

If you have specific issues, post it here or on twitter.  If it's too long for twitter post it here and link to it via twitter.  Be professional and be helpful, because you can be certain that if your post is laden with insults, threats and nonsense they won't bother reading it.  I don't blame them either, I sure wouldn't.

HK_Pickles

Thanks Kawz for taking the time to pull this in. 

I love that the post just came out today, and is also a copy and paste of his same post last week.  So what does it even mean?  This is the detail we are looking for.

Why would the community manager not compile this and post it in a permenant spot for us to easily access?  Instead, I have to sift through hundreds/thousands of broken twitter convos to decipher what the heck is being worked on.

safe to assume that everythign is workign as intended in their eyes.

HK_Pickles

This ^^^ is my fear...

I hate to say it, but its as it appears. Think about it, its the same game as MW3, with even smaller maps, and tuned up smgs and gimped sniper rifles; repackaged and sold.

The only thing i have heard from 3arc is.. hey you can pay $50 (on top of $60 the game cost) for more maps that might be decent for a total of $110 and a poor playing experience, cuz we wont touch lag, gun balance, or hacking in any way thats actually visably noticable.

Maxxgold

We are also being over run with cheats and hacks now as well. I have played 3 games today and each game had someone using a wall hack or an aim bot. Until today I had only seen 1 blatent cheater. How about some updates on what is being done with cheaters because I haven't seen jack posted about that. With millions of our dollars in the bank you would think we could get some service. After the  debacle that was MW3 I will no longer buy any Modern Warfare releases and if Treyarch doesn't get their **** together I will no longer buy Black Ops either. I'm sure as hell not paying 50 dollars for the map packs.