32 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 1:39 PM by mikeystarr RSS

Prestige Boosters vs. Other Fixes

It would appear that Treyarch is beginning to reset those who hacked their way to the 10th prestige...a problem that largely NEVER influenced gameplay, but was almost immediately recognized by the company and commented on through twitter by saying something along the lines of "saw a bunch of people running around with 10th prestige, bans and resets coming soon."

Meanwhile, real problems like lag compensation get treated as a mythical creatures that don't exist, evoking responses from Treyarch on Twitter that revolve around the "prove that there is a problem" mentality. I think it is kind of amazing that a company wants their customers to trouble shoot problems, as if we all paid to be beta testers.

Ultimately, what I take away from their decision to fix the prestige thing but to largely ignore the gameplay issues is that they want the game to look all shiny and nice on the outside without any substance on the inside...much like my high school girlfriend.

• Re: Prestige Boosters vs. Other Fixes
    Rob12

Lag comp is in the game. It's not a fault, it's been put in on deliberately. You knew this before you bought the game, and if you didn't you need to wake up. If it doesn't work well for you, play something else, unless you can put up with it.

I'm glad they reset those cheating gets. Why should they get something I have put days into the game for, for nothing? I hate cheats who think they can get away with it. Thanks for cleaning up the game guys, I know it's made a lot of people happy.

Actually, I didn't know about the lag comp was in the game before I bought it...but thanks for the wake up call!

I am happy that all those "cheaters" being reset pleased you though. I know how a little tiny symbol that has no bearing on gameplay can really upset some people and keep them up at night.

Rob12

Just like a little bit of hit detection never did anyone any harm. It's not like its all the time and works both ways. It's an Internet game, you are always going to have lag to deal with. Get a grip.

You're right. My opinion is inferior to yours, and I am the only person that thinks that there is something wrong with this game. All those other threads talking about the same problems I have been talking about are just an elaborate smokescreen.

Rob12

Good I'm glad we have that sorted.

Seriously, why feel the need to start another then? It's a waste of time. It's in the game, the only thing getting improved is matchmaking, not lag comp. matchmaking should help reduce the effects, but that's it.

Hacking is a real problem that needs addressing and I'm glad it's being done. I don't care if it doesn't effect how my games plays, the cheating dicks need to be brought back down.

i would ignore lag comp it if i didnt lose EVERY SINGLE GUN FIGHT I HAVE EVER BEEN IN.

JWolf11

Wow, Rob12.  That's called putting your head in the sand.  You pay $60+ for a game and you're going to tell people to "put up with" lag comp or go play something else.  That's ridiculous.  Should the people that bought new iPhones just say the Maps App is broke, but I'm just going to put up with it and not say anything?  The only way faults with the game are going to be fixed is if people bring it to light.  Being just a sheep to what ever Treyarch puts out is the wrong way to look at this.  Right now 25% of my games are unplayable and my score can vary from 20-5 to 10-20 from one game to the next.  This needs to be addressed.

Have to agree with Rob, lag is jsut something you are going to have in a online game, there are no ways around it.  Especially a game that SO MANY people bought and play..

Now should they do something to try to improve it?  Of course, though what people dont get is that most of those fixes are just done and added in via the servers, so no real "patch" is needed..

I get the occasioanal lag myself, though nothing crazy, I can see how it gets frustrating when playing "core" seems to take many many bullets to kill someone, which is why I love hardcore, way more realistic.  a few well placed shots and they drop!!

My point of the entire thread before Rob started whining was that I didn't respect Treyarch for addressing the Prestige thing positively and being dismissive of every other real issue that affects gameplay.

Either way, most people seem to be agreeing that the lag compensation in this game is worse than the others, so while a small percentage of people don't seem to be experiencing much lag, there is a large group that wishes that Treyarch would look at this more seriously.

februarystars81

i'm afraid i have to agree with Rob, I think the main problem is that when someone loses a gun fight they instantly blame lag instead of manning the hell up and admiting they got killed fair and square! I (like Rob has been saying) realise there is lag but not to the extent that most gamers moan about!

Why feel the need to start yet another thread(you have already acknowledged there are plenty out there) about a tiresome subject? Stop the presses, a call of duty game has lag . . . . . shocker!

I started this thread because I think I actually address the issue without the use of swear words and personal attacks. Just like our experiences of lag aren't representative of your interactions, your experiences of minimum lag aren't representative of our interactions.

Thanks for your input...even if you associate actual lag issues with the inability to "man up."

Foxhound-Pro

Sustainability wrote:

It would appear that Treyarch is beginning to reset those who hacked their way to the 10th prestige...a problem that largely NEVER influenced gameplay, but was almost immediately recognized by the company and commented on through twitter by saying something along the lines of "saw a bunch of people running around with 10th prestige, bans and resets coming soon."

Meanwhile, real problems like lag compensation get treated as a mythical creatures that don't exist, evoking responses from Treyarch on Twitter that revolve around the "prove that there is a problem" mentality. I think it is kind of amazing that a company wants their customers to trouble shoot problems, as if we all paid to be beta testers.

Ultimately, what I take away from their decision to fix the prestige thing but to largely ignore the gameplay issues is that they want the game to look all shiny and nice on the outside without any substance on the inside...much like my high school girlfriend.

I understand the argument, but I think you fail to understand that Treyarch has multiple teams that handle particular issues.

There are teams dedicated to policing the game and they will handle the resets/bans. I'm sure that no one from the developtment side of the game will have to be pulled away from their current works to handle resets and bans.

Oh I know how companies structure their QC.

My main argument is that they were awfully quick to acknowledge the prestige issue and were positive while talking about it with the community, but when it comes to noticeable trends in comments about other issues with the game, their PR department's response has ranged from zero talk to an almost dismissive "prove it."

Foxhound-Pro

Sustainability wrote:

Oh I know how companies structure their QC.

My main argument is that they were awfully quick to acknowledge the prestige issue and were positive while talking about it with the community, but when it comes to noticeable trends in comments about other issues with the game, their PR department's response has ranged from zero talk to an almost dismissive "prove it."

Seems like more of a generalization on your part than exit strategies formulated by their PR. - I've seen Vahn discuss issues regarding lag and lag compensation. I think it's unwise to twist Vahn or anyone's request for proof into an attempted denial of said issue. Like I said, it's discussed but obviously not in the manner that you prefer or want. - This is similar to people strangling Olin's legacy Black Ops discussions into "it's all in our heads." Something not spoken at all by Olin, but twisted and emphasized by the community.

In the end, we're at a lose-lose here.

Yeah, that is why I wanted to attempt and facilitate a calm discussion in this thread about the issues by avoiding the typical personal attack or gratuitous swearing threads...but sometimes that goal is just difficult to achieve given how some people do approach forums.

Either way, thanks for conveying your points calmly! It is a rare event to have a normal conversation on a forum.

So I was one of those 10th prestige cheaters they didn't even reset us all the way no stats reset only back to were I was before watching the video kind of ironic I am with you on the lag comp I am sorry my internet is better I pay for it and should be able to use it to my advantage I do not see why they would put that in the coding but I do not believe there is a hot fix they could do for lag comp honestly I think it has something to do with the game engine itself which is why it will never change....