15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2012 9:37 PM by jornum RSS

Hardcore game types are REALLY weak...what is this, MW2?

I am not here to rant about the lag, the connections and what not I just want answers as to why this game doesn't have what it takes to keep up with MW3. I am a Hardcore game type player, lots of people are. So I think I not only speak for myself with this, but a good percentage of the Blops2 community, IMPROVE THE HARDCORE GAME SELECTION. 4 game modes? I mean...really? Four? This is by far my most favored COD yet, but the HC modes are weak. Every Core mode should be in the HC mode, I mean why not!? At least add in a couple more...HC Domination, HC Headquarters, HC Demo...at the very least HC Moshpit! Isn't your job to please your consumers in every aspect possible? I will trade Nuketown for a HC Moshpit any day of the week. Big disappointment on the game modes in this game. I am sure this will bring a lot of hate, but I post it anyways. Why has Treyarch taken a step back with pleasing it's buyers?

• Re: Hardcore game types are REALLY weak...what is this, MW2?

Then again, Treyarch is going to do what Treyarch wants to do...not anything to satisfy the customer. -_-

james.chastain3

It has gotten to the point that these companies don't care what we want, only that they get our money!!

Most of us were expecting to get the same HC modes we got with BO1 and was sure they wouldn't make the same mistake as MW3 did when they came out with only a limited amount of HC modes and later released an update to fix it, but only after we HC gamers flooded them with complaints, but none the less the devs havent paid attention yet again.

I hear ya, you make a good point. Even just a HC Moshpit would be fine with me. The HC FFA is BS with oponents being able to see where you are. And CTF is camp central...I am disappointed with this installment from a game type perspective. They got our money, so why try to please us. Let's just keep adding pointless and stupid game modes like Choas moshpit and hardpoint...right, Treyarch?

English Johnnie

I think CoD4 had more HC Choice, I can't stand TDM it's basically who camps best, I don't play FFA and I DESPISE respawn delay, really 8 seconds on HC FFA? Wave spawn delay on TDM? WHY?

We need one game mode without respawn delays, such as Dom or HQ.

Noob_Lyncher

I want HC objective modes. I can't stand playing HC TDM because everyone just sits in corners the whole game. If there was some HC Dom and HC Headquarters, i'd play more HC.

Film_Not_Rated

I think they can have a limited amount of playlists, and i'm not sure if they reached the limit already or are planning to use that space on future DLC only playlists.

Back in Blops1 they said they had ran out of room for more HC gamemodes, so the HC Community fought for more modes, when Treyarch actually did deliver, they raged  because all the objective modes were in the same playlist and not seperate,  HC community raged and I think they put it back to normal, or put it to HC Dom/HC HQ and then TDM not to sure on that, it's been awhile.

They might do something in the future for more modes...I want a Mercenary KC/TDM playlist also myself, but if the HC community IS going to get something, I imagine it needs to be 1 huge thread like it was back in the Blops 1 forums with POSITIVE posts.

greencoffin72

Vahn specifically stated here on the forums that the HC community is very small.  Incorporating many different HC gamemodes would significantly splinter the limited number of players online resulting in very bad matchmaking.  Here is the actual post: 

Hello,

I know the Hardcore crowd loves Hardcore. I love me some Hardcore Search & Destroy, personally. You are a small enough community where I feel like I know some of you personally.

The problem here is that not every gamemode playable in a hardcore variant has sufficent enough traffic to warrant having it's own playlist.

Hardcore Free-For-All, for example, has a very low traffic count. This makes Matchmaking in that playlist more difficult.

While I'm sure that the 4000 people in it right now are loving it, I'm just being open with with you when I say that something with less than 1% of the total population barely justifies it's own playlist.

What follows next is a discussion point. It's not a committement or a guarantee. I am taking feedback as we think about how to provide more hardcore game modes as Public Playlists without fragmenting the small Hardcore community or matchmaking.

I would appreciate it if you please keep your posts on-topic and civil. Please hardcore community, police your own. I am counting on you to make it worthwhile to have a thread going.

As a snapshot in time, these are the Hardcore modes in order of popularity.

1. Hardcore TDM (by a large margin)

2. Hardcore CTF

3. Hardcore Search

4. Hardcore FFA

Where do you go from here? Sacrifice Hardcore FFA for a Moshpit, Kill Confirmed, or something else entirelly?

Some of you will be tempted to say "Give every game mode it's own Hardcore playlist." Save yourself some trouble. I totally get it. You like Hardcore.

However, Hardcore is not a gamemode. It's a variant on the game rules. One that is popular with a very passionate, but very small crowd of people.

Keeping the 80,000 (or so, across 2 platforms) of you together and able to play together has to be a priority over any specfic variant.

Finally, in case you are just joining us on this game, we go through this every two years with you.

This year is no different. We put out the game. We then figure out what is popular amongst the Hardcore (and other variant, but relatively small communities), and we make adjustments that are in the best intrests of the game and the community. This year is no different. Of course we'll make adjustments. We always do.

Vahn

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413626018#413626018

From page 2 of the thread.

League has an extra mode added even with a very small community, party playlist has what, four individual playlists, combat training has a locked playlist a no prestige level, like WTF, for some reason they do not want more HC modes at all.

jornum

You know I have reverted to the point where I am playing Core Domination.Some of my friends have reverted to not playing at all until it is fixed. I am getting tired of this. Where are our HC modes?!?