9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2012 6:43 AM by MadConvictor RSS

PX5 Help needed

AC_786

so i just got some PX5 upgraded from px21's and im confused i dont seem to be able to mic to work and also sound sounds horrible along with a constant beeping noise i followed all set up videos and instructions to the T any one help

• Re: PX5 Help needed

I got the PX5. Works like a charm for me. Did you set microphone input settings to the PX5 in the PS3 settings?

The sound being horrible might be because your wifi signal is jamming the headset signal. I've read that could happen on a couple of occasions.

AC_786

ahh mic seems to be working now i bent it a bit thanks for you helo i guess i just need to play with the presets and things as im use to the px21 u just flick bass and vol up and down lol thanks for help

bagsta69

No worries, I went to px5 from the 21s as well. there are a couple of presets which really put you right in the action and I love em. Had to go back to the 21s for MW3 as the mic kept breaking up when chatting to friends in game but no such problem on Blops 2

I never liked the default presets, I put some downloadables on it that make soundwhoring possible, even in this game (50%/50% it works though, can't hear a damn thing if something other than footsteps make noise).

bagsta69

Hi, these headphones take a lot of power. If they came with a set of batteries I would throw them and buy new duracells.

In the settings on the ps 3 you have to go to the settings and once set up with mic volume etc you have to go to accesory settings and set them up there as well. Including DUAL OUTPUT.
    On the presets try using the last one of the one before that as I remember I think number 7 is best but it is one of the last two anyway. The other settings are for proper sound whores who want to hear foot steps over lots of other things etc.

They are a bit tricky to set up at first but once done theyre great.

Hope that helps a bit. Cheers.

andynewns

The main setting on the px5 in fine for normal play, I have another one setup for sound whoring ie very loud footsteps

Don't use Duracell batteries, get rechargeable one, if you have a long session you can burn a set of batteries, I always have another set ready charged waiting to go in!

Sound wise just make sure the receiver is in view of you

I use the same strategy, while I'm using the ones in the PX5, I'm charging another pair to use when it runs out. Many people seem to think not having a battery of it's own is a bad thing, I disagree. Being able to constantly game without having to worry about charging it is a plus.

AC_786

some where the mic jack had come loose :slap: think that was causing the problems thanks for the helps guys

Mine works just fine. It might feel a bit weak though, but it's solid. If you think it's loose, try removing it (pulling it out) and put it in again. Make sure it's in properly.