1 2 3 Previous Next 95 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 12:23 AM by Waddup_ RSS

Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get

Goodtwin

Here me out on this.  I know most of us IR users would rather just see aim assist go away completely, but since that's not going to happen, why not just make all things equal and give the same aim assist to to IR players?  I did some testing to see just how intense the aim assist was by going into a local match and running some test.  To my surprise, the aim assist wasn't quite what I expected.  I expected more snap, which is doesn't do.  From what I can tell, all the aim assist really does is make the reticule very sticky to the enemy, severely slowing down your reticule as you pass over the enemy.  If this is in the game, makes it "in the game."  Not everyone that prefers IR controls is a Pro who can make up the difference.  It makes no sense that the game literally handicaps players based on controller choice.  Sticky reticule for everyone, regardless of controller.  To be honest, if the damn guns actually had spread and DA players actually flinched instead of staying stuck to the enemy when getting shot things would already be balanced. 

Speaking of balance, when is Treyarch going to release the damn patch?  I swear, we pay the same $60 for the game as the PS3 and 360 players, but here we are two weaks with no patch to at least fix the controller settings for IR players that should have been in there from the start.  How they could have the controls so good in MW3 on Wii and then totally miss the boat on Wii U is outrageous. 

• 1. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

Making the aim assist the same will make the Wiimote overpowered. DA won't be able to compete with the mote's speed/precision.

• 2. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    Goodtwin

Thats assuming that everyone who plays with the Wii remote and chuk is very skilled.  You know what comes along with speed and precision?  Twitchy controls.  Its the only way to level the playing field.  Theoretically if the Wii Remote and chuk controls are so vastly superior as it stands, the added sticky reticule shouldnt change things.  As it stands right now, if a DA player pans across the screen, and his retiucle comes in contact with another player, that player dies.  The stickyness  slows it down so much that by time it comes off the player, he alrady landed 4-5 shots.  Keep in mind that im not asking for anything that DA players dont already have.  Lets give it a shot.  Whats fair is fair.  You cant ride a bike while I run in a race and think its a fair race just because I happen to be faster than you.  Its not right.  If people actually played League Play I probably wouldnt care so much.  I probably woulnt be crying like such a ***** if Treyarch had already patched in the cursor controls.    That would shut me up.  For a while at least.

• 3. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get

i'm with you on this 100%, it's bad enough they took away the zapper controls and screwed around with are sensitivity. but to give the DA players a free pass on us is terrible. i was a good player on the wii, top 200 in hctdm in mw3 but i cant do anything with this game. people are killing me across the map with pistols. and to say it will make the wiimote overpowered, it is know different the being over powered by the DA players. people arn't even looking for people to shot, their walking around hitting the aim button and shotting when they get a lock on you. this is  bull$!#?

• 4. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

Strong aim assist gave the Wiimote an unfair advantage in MW3.

• 5. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    Godotpwn

The only aim assist wiimote had in MW3 was the initial ADS snap on which I agree was quite strong. It was glitched though where your cursor would teleport to some crazy location.

I only use wiimote but yesterday I tried a game with DA and the game became 100 times easier. I didnt have to aim AT ALL, the game did it for me. I literally felt like I was cheating. You dont get flinch, your recoil is mitigated, you AA through walls so you can find players you cant even see. I went 45-3 and I never use DA.

I feel the TC's pain. It is completely unfair at the moment with the super strong AA on DAs but the solution is not to give the same assist to wiimote. The solution is to remove the AA on DAs completely. Whether this makes wiimote "overpowered" is irrelevant, thats a side effect of using a better input method. At least then both types of players will actually be playing the game themseleves instead of how it is now where DAs just watch the game glue on the enemy for them.

• 6. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    The_Tickler

The solution shouldn't be to give the wii remote players the same auto aim as the dual analog players. Treyarch needs to give wiimote players an alternative like a non aim assisted game mode. The analog players are essentially playing an arcade shooter, whereas the wiimote players are playing something comparible to a twitchy pc shooter with a brutal learning curve. As a wiimote player it's frustrating knowing how much effort you're putting into staying competitive when the dual analog guys are getting kills without evening using the right thumb stick.

• 7. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

The Wiimote in MW3 had a strong snap on, sticky ADS assist, sticky hipfire assist, and even readjusts your reticle when hipfiring. Don't tell me it doesn't because I've seen it in my own recorded gameplay when using it.

Aim assist is needed on dual analogs to compensate for their lack of speed/precision as well as the fact they're stuck in the center of the screen unlike the Wiimote. Play MW3 with the CCP if you don't believe me. It had little to no aim assist and was severely underpowered against the Wiimote.

Your opinion on whether the Wiimote is a better input method is irrelevant. The controllers need to be balanced where anyone can do well with either of them. Arguing now is silly too especially considering the patch isn't even out yet.

• 8. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get
    nintendon't

I believe that's called "Hardcore". I'm pretty sure there's no aim assist there.

• 9. Re: Wii Remote and Chuk should get the same aim assist that DA users get

What is this nonsense? Wiimote controls in MW3 did not have hipfire aim assist and the ADS aim assist was capped to a certain range (variable, depending on weapon and scope) and, more importantly, only happened in the initial ADS animation. After that initial ADS snap, if the target moved left or right you were on your own.

1 2 3 Previous Next