42 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 6:52 PM by Harv72 RSS

Gold Camo

mn7_la

Okay. .. So, after many painstaking, mind-numbing hours of effort (I can only hope I had some fun somewhere along the way), I was able to gold-camo for 5 out of the 6 SMGs.

MP7, PDW, MSMC, Vector K10 & Chicom CQB.

IMO - gold-ing the SMGs are difficult (especially 150 kills with no perks) - but it's still possible for average (or bad) players (like myself).

I can't imagine getting gold-camo for a Sniper - unless I end up quick-scoping - which I'm not a fan of. And imagine running a load-out with no perks & an LMG - every time the enemy calls a Stealth Chopper - you have no choice but to take it down and/or get killed (sometimes get killed even while you're trying to take it down).

Compared to MW3, I think getting a gold on the tougher guns in BO2 is difficult. I could get gold for ALL my ARs on MW3 - but I'm not even trying it on BO2.

Opinions?

EDIT: Update on Jan 23 2013:

I got diamond for SMGs, ARs & Snipers. The thoughts I've shared above are from Dec 2012.

EDIT: Update on Jan 28 2013:

I was reading what I posted above - and I have no choice but to correct my earlier statements. Just over this 2XP week-end I got Remington & KSG starting from zero - to "Gold" camo - and I'm working on S12. With some more time, effort & patience - it appears that I will have my Shotguns diamond too. I also got my MK 48 Gold & I'm working on LSAT.

If anything getting guns to Gold-camo on BO2 is actually far more satisfying than in MW3 (if nothing - at least for the fact that the camo won't reset each time you prestige).

MN

• Re: Gold Camo

the launchers are probably the easiest.  I did the mtar first then the stinger, rpg and mp7.  the challenges make it more interesting for awhile until you get annoyed with some of them.  I think it is much more rewarding in BO2 than MW3.  IMO MW3 seemed a little too easy.  Just my opinion.

mn7_la

I think Kills-wise - both MW3 & BO2 are pretty close. At least a 1000 kills for any SMG or AR is required - both on MW3 & BO2 (except in BO2, you need to get those 150 kills without perks, attachments).

I don't remember MW3 having any weightage to headshots in order to gold - may be it did, but nothing so clearly obvious.

MN

Psychomex

at least you do not lose it every time u prestige i thiunk i love that part cuss in mw3 every time i got 3 or 4 gold camos i had to prestige

Privx420x

I'm the opposite, I have a Gold DSR 50.

No quick scoping.

Don't care for Smg's. Next favorite is a tac 45 and then the Scar AR.

I'm not a big fan of the headshot requirement on most weapons; it forces you to either change your playing style (and probably hurt your team) while focusing on getting just headshots, or wait forever for them to come naturally.  I'm not sure what better options would be for the SMGs and ARs, but I think headshots would be better on Snipers and double kills or penetration kills would be much more fitting for LMGs.

Not too worried about having to rack up the kills without perks or attachments on any of them.

mn7_la

I could be wrong - but I think on the Snipers it's not a headshot requirement. I believe it's a one-shot-one-kill that moves you along for a Sniper Gold camo.

MN

That's what I'm saying; I think a headshot requirement for Snipers makes a lot more sense than the one-shot kill challenge.

Like you, I have been grinding away at the Camo and in my case, Mastery of weapons.

Here is a thought for your primary weapons; Since you need to get kills with both primary weapons (in one life) for the Challenges/ Prestige/ Wildcard/ Overkill  reward, equip a second primary weapon and switch between them as needed. I have been doing the "no accessories" and "no perks" requirements at the same time... to get the pain over with all in one shot.

mn7_la

I have read in these forum-discussions, the idea of getting 150 kills without perks & without attachments. The Overkill suggestion, to me, is new.

What weapons do you play together - an SMG & an AR? I have one load-out with a Sniper & an SMG - I used it for my SMG without attachment kills on large maps (like Turbine).

MN

I'm not working on those challenges yet, but an SMG + shotgun loadout rocks either way on most maps.

mn7_la

Yeah - I've seen players run around with a RCS & an MP7 - and I could never quite figure out why.

Both SMGs & Shotguns are for CQC scenarios - why equip both of them on the same loadout? Especially if it's not for opening those challenges?

What perks, lethal & tac do you equip along with an SMG+Shotgun combo? Just curious.

Thembones

I use hardline scavanger/toughness and extreme. i use semtex and emp which is fun and the only way to counter an orbital vsat if no counter uav is up

Shotguns are ideal for CQC, but SMGs are best in short- to mid-range gunfights; on most maps if you run them correctly that's all you'll see.  So the SMG gets me into the enemy spawn or whatever building they're all holed up in and the shotgun clears them out.

/With more experience now at getting gold guns, the SMGs aren't too bad to get gold, but the S-12 is a BIATCH!  It's so difficult to get one-shot kills with it consistently, and then having to get the kills with no perks & no attachments is even tougher.

DeEwBoT

I heard that if you get all the guns in a class to Prestige 2 & all have Gold Camo unlocked, you get DIAMOND Camo for those weapons.

Don't know if there is any thruth behind this, but it would be cool.

mn7_la

I may be able to test that theory out for my SMG-s.. I'm waiting for Scorpio EVO unlock.. That's the only SMG I don't yet have a gold camo. In fact I don't even have 10 kills on that weapon..

The SMGs are way too OP-ed as of right now - I can just not play my fav AR or LMGs when 90% of the enemies are running Lightweight+SMGs+Laser.. since I can't beat them (rushers, run-n-gun-ers), I join them.

mn7_la

Deewbot,

"

I heard that if you get all the guns in a class to Prestige 2 & all have Gold Camo unlocked, you get DIAMOND Camo for those weapons.

Don't know if there is any truth behind this, but it would be cool.

"

I was able to gold-out my Scorpio EVO (my only SMG that hadn't still been golded out) - and there it was - DIAMOND CAMO - for all SMGs.

I have no clue where you got this "truth" from - but thanks for sharing it.

MN

BlackhawkbillOO7

I knocked out the all the Gold Camo challenges for the SMG's and am now running the diamond camo. I did the 150 with no perks and the 150 kills with no attachments at the same time and it went by pretty quick playing HC CTF.

I got my SMG's Diamond, took alot of time but finally did it, the worse one to get gold for me was the Chicom.. just seems so under powered and skorpion was a pain in my ass also

now im working on shotguns got the remington gold workin on s12 D:

http://s1058.beta.photobucket.com/user/iTzSeyeko/media/2012-12-07_01-53-36_683.j pg.html

I decided at the start,once i roll with a gun i wasn't going to put it down till i'd mastered it and unlocked all ammo.That way i'm gaining maximum xp for challenges met as i go along.

So far iv mastered and unlocked 1 smg(mp7)1 ar(type95),1shotgun(r870),1 lmg(qbb lsw),1launcher(fhj) and 1 pistol(five-seven).

Out of them all the shotgun was the easiest and most fun to do,the ar and lmg was hard as lag was playing a part at that time and the five-seven pistol was very frustrating at first,but once i got a familiar playstyle with it,it too became fun.

I started on the svu sniper rifle but 1hit kills are hard unless its a headshot,been as well making it headshots instead of 1hk's to unlock upto diamond imo.

When going for the cherry and art of war camos,its best and quicker to go for them both at once,although tough at the start with no perks or ammo you adapt to it.

Also dont carry a primary(if going for a secondary weapon)and vice versa,as it can be to easy to swap if things arn't going well.

mn7_la

Revisiting this thread:

What appeared to be difficult ended up being do-able.

I just completed diamond camo on the Snipers last night.

My best tip, yet: "Chaos Moshpit".

Almost all of my Bloodthirsties for the Snipers were on Nuketown (Objective game-types).

Also got MK 48 gold - tip: Ground-War (with Flak Jacket, LW, Tac-Mask). It's like a mini juggernaut (from MW3). Betties, 'nades, Claymores, etc - all of those have no effect - you can take cover on occassion - and move slowly right in plain sight. Working on LSAT right now.

Question: Anyone that's gotten a gold Assault-Shield - can you tell me how easy/difficult it was? What, if any, tips & tricks - to get it to gold? I'd assume playing HC game modes would land you kills easier than Core.

MN

Raketti

You have to get 100 kills with the shield to unlock the camo challenges, which is the hardest part in my opinion. I would suggest using overkill and carrying the shield on your back, when ever you find a camper kill him with the shield.

If you want to get the kills as fast as possible with the shield, play FFA and use tactitian wildcard and equip concuss nades and flashbangs, and also use tactical mask so that you can use the tacticals close range without stunning or blinding yourself. Throw a stun, and run to flank the enemy and get the kill, rinse and repeat. The shield does a poor job protecting you if you sprint with it so even stunned enemies often spray you down.

The challenges that unlock are not too difficult, only one that's a pain in the ass is the one where you cannot have any weapons equipped, and that also means no lethals and tacticals. But it's only 25 kills so it's doable.

mn7_la

Thank you, buddy. That was informative.

Any chance you remember what were the challenges *after the 100 kills*? One of those, from your comment above - was the 25 kills without any other weapons, tacticals or lethals. Is there a bloodthirsty-like challenge - because that would just be impossible for me.

MN

Raketti

Luckily there's no bloodthirsty challenge, that would be quite impossible.

Challenges for gold:

- 25 kills without perks

- 25 kills withouth weapons (also cannot have lethals or tacticals, the game doesn't imply this but the kills won't register if you any of those equipped)

- 25 kills with the combat axe when you have the shield equipped, cannot be on your back

- 25 kills from an enemy who is shooting your shield

- Absorb a certain amount of damage

By the time i finished all camo challenges i was still on the first weapon prestige, now grinding it to mastery which takes for ever :)

Raketti

Oh yeah one more thing which helps, use fast hands so the enemy doesn't have time to shoot you when throwing a concuss nade or axe.

Bah...all this time later, and I still don't have diamond anything.  I blame myself for refusing to focus my efforts.

What I do have gold (like anyone cares):

Shotguns: R870, S12

SMGs: MP7, PDW-57, Vector K10

ARs: SCAR-H

LMG: Mk 48

Launcher: FHJ-18

I'm on the final challenges for the SMAW as well, and getting close to finishing the headshots on the MSMC and Skorpion (still not intentionally going for them).  I'm about halfway through the OHKs with the KSG & M1216, and somewhere around there on the AN-94 and M27.

Big-time second on Ground War for the LMGs.  The Mk 48 is the only weapon so far where I finished all the secondary challenges (including bloodthirsty medals) while I was still banging out the 150 no perks/no attachments kills, all of that in Ground War lobbies.  Yemen and Raid in particular are great for LMGs in 9v9 play.

JamesDBRJ1987

ive got diamond camos on smgs and assault rifles. when it came to doing the no perks and no attachments i completed them on hardcore modes. also getting the longshots is easier on hardcore.

mn7_la

Me too - I got almost all my AR golds on HC. I got all my SMGs gold on Core DOM. Sniper gold - chaos moshpit. LMGs - I'm working on - Ground War is my favorite mode for LMG golds.

Thanks for sharing, James.

MN

Jr_Breshears2

I think its pretty easy I get gold between 450-600 kills. I got diamond AR's, SMG's, and snipers. Working on shotguns got KSG and Remington gold.

mn7_la

I got my Ballista gold within 600 - 700 kills - but none of the other weapons. Point is: Once I unlock all attachments on any weapon - I hit the "Prestige Weapon" button. Then, all attachments are locked again - and getting headshots/bloodthirsties becomes a little bit more difficult. The advantage is: by the time I near the gold camo - the weapon is almost always near MAX prestige too. I end up with gold-camo & MAX prestige in around 1,000 kills (except for Snipers - where I don't have a 1,000 kills on any - but already got diamond camo - only XPR MAX-prestiged).

MN

The only weapon I've gotten the Mastery badge on in under 1,000 kills so far was the R870.  I think I came close on the S12 but wound up like 20 over.

I suppose if I actively went for headshots instead of letting them come naturally I could do better, but most of the time I still finish up the gold camo before I've maxed out the prestiges on the weapon (and I also prestige as soon as it's available).

fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

Only have ar's diamond now. Wasn't gonna do any other class but I wanted to challange myself so I'm doing smg's . Have 100 headshots with 4 out of 5 of them (already have 1 gold). So once I get all headshots for all of them I'll go back and begin the other stuff. I think after that I'm done with diamond . I can't use sniper rifles or shotguns. Lmg's I can but I choose not too. I don't use any of the 3 in any of my classes, so I'm just gonna do the ar's n smg's. it's painstaking for diamond . Whomever has snipers and shotguns diamond, you get my applause. That's for sure.

mn7_la

If I recollect - you like hardcore game-mode, right?

I personally have felt that the LMGs are not as useful in HC as they are in Core (especially Ground-War). Combined with A.S, V.Z attachments - and F-J, Tac-Mask perks - I find the MK 48 to be almost like a mini-juggernaut. So many times enemy tries to 'nade me or shock me - and ends up getting killed.

With an LMG on G-W - almost the entire enemy team knows my location - and with a V.Z - I can take out enemies at a good range. Unless the enemy can sneak up too close - it's an advantage to load-up LMG on G-W.

MN

Jr_Breshears2

Almost got diamond shotguns only need the last one. Got the s12 done a few minutes ago was already on bloodshot so didnt take to long.

RAMBONER

I have diamond AR's, smg's and 3 of the LMG's done.  I also have the Ballista gold and have to say it was hands down the hardest.  The bloodthirsties took me forever.  I do pretty good sniping but within 5 kills I always have to use my secondary for at least one of them.  Props to the diamond sniper people.

I am a gold cammo whore though.  I was prest. 15 with every gold gun in mw3 and once I got started on this game I was hooked again.  It is a challege for sure and doing the 150 over and over gets rough.  Stupid thing is once I gold a gun a almost never use it again since I am working on the next one. Haa...pointless grind.

mn7_la

Ballista gold was not as difficult, to me, as the XPR gold. In fact, Ballista is the only Sniper that I got to gold even before reaching Weapon-Prestige 1, afaic remember.

I'm working on the LMGs now (MK 48 done) - and also trying to MAX-Prestige the Snipers (only XPR is max-ed - even though I got diamond camo).

I definitely agree to your last point: Once I get a gun to gold, I don't find it interesting to use it. I think it's more than 2 - 3 weeks that I used any SMG or AR (except the PDW & AN94).

MN

yes hardcore mode is SUPER easy to get gun camos. id say its almost twice as fast getting camo. for some reason i get more headshots playing hardcore. although i dislike hardcore mode..

mn7_la

C0mmun1tyNam3:

It's especially helpful for the camos - like Double-Kills, Long-Shots & Bloodthirsties (on SMGs & ARs). I think the main reason is the amount of ammo that's required for each kill.

On Core - I can "may be" get 2 kills with an entire mag on any fully-auto AR or SMG. On HC - I can get as many as 5 kills without having to reload. And for the semi-autos & the burst-fire ones - HC is even more fantastic.

MN