12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2012 10:26 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Best ***Class Setup*** For Heavy Lag Compensation.

MLGTWISTED

This video was made by youtubedude and is very good at explaining how to play with lag comp.

[REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

• Re: Best ***Class Setup*** For Heavy Lag Compensation.

this is a good vid

jeepchick

This is a written discussion forum. Please summarize the video in text form and add it to your post. Users expect written material here, not videos.

Thank you,

Claire JeepChick

Treyarch Moderator

[quote]

This is a written discussion forum. Please summarize the video in text form and add it to your post. Users expect written material here, not videos.

[/quote]

If you'd like to discuss whether or not the video is relevant (it is) or  helpful (three people felt it was before it was whacked), why don't you just do so?

But instead you claim someone should summarize it in text form?  Really?

a) please do show us where it says THAT in the rules.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413354224#413354224

and b) [Removed by Moderator.]

sheesh.

jeepchick

Please refer to the Youtube Posting Guidelines: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413354283#413354283

Video content is only allowed to support written content. This was a post that required the user to view the video in order to comment. A summary of the video would have sufficed to make it a discussion post appropriate for this forum.

This has been in effect for several months.

"A quick note for everyone: At the end of the day we're a discussion forum. If you're going to bring ideas, topics and news to our forum, then you should do this in a way that your thread is supported by visual content as opposed to being centered around the visual content itself."

A rule that's not listed in the rules.  classic.

How about you go about things in a respectable manner and add it to the rules post before hamfistedly enforcing it?

Second, he DID summarize the video in one sentence. he said (paraphrasing) "this video shows a class setup to help deal with lag comp".

So again, show us the rule against his post... either posted or supposed to know because you... well I can't even guess HOW you're supposed to know about that post on a thread that long since scrolled.

And finally, I like how rather than edit out the word you didn't like, you edited out the whole thought you didn't like.

I'll say it again:  Don't be a dingletwinkie just because you can.  It's behavior unbecoming in a moderator.

Let's see if you're secure enough to leave it this time.

Foxhound-Pro

nycjpm wrote:

A rule that's not listed in the rules.  classic.

How about you go about things in a respectable manner and add it to the rules post before hamfistedly enforcing it?

Second, he DID summarize the video in one sentence. he said (paraphrasing) "this video shows a class setup to help deal with lag comp".

So again, show us the rule against his post... either posted or supposed to know because you... well I can't even guess HOW you're supposed to know about that post on a thread that long since scrolled.

And finally, I like how rather than edit out the word you didn't like, you edited out the whole thought you didn't like.

I'll say it again:  Don't be a dingletwinkie just because you can.  It's behavior unbecoming in a moderator.

Let's see if you're secure enough to leave it this time.

Just so we're all aware, this is how you get banned. It's ok to bring up an issue with valid points, but it's definitely not ok to lace it with an insult or provide abrasive delivery.

Concerning his points.

Rules not listed in the rules.

There is some merit to this argument and the explanation in my opinion is sound. While each Call of Duty forum sports the usage of the basic Code of Conduct and Terms of Use, different developers have different tastes and approaches to content. Thus we have amended the Code of Conduct with additional guidelines as opposed to changing the base rules for a single forum.

He did summarize the video.

Yes he did, but by our standards it's not a proper discussion. I understand that is considered a stretch of things, but at the end of the day discussions are normally more than a single sentence. When you look at the video, you realize that a lot more discussion could be pulled from it and explained via text. This cycles back to the concept that a video should be supportive of discussion, not the whole discussion element.

I'd like to close this out by stating that we're ultimately trying to work with the community here. We could very well pull the advertisement card out on videos as they are normally monetized by some third party, but we understand that they have a place within the community. Help us help you keep the ability to use videos on our board by respecting our simple wishes. If not we can and will pursue rules of engagement regarding YouTube that ultimately removes them from the boards entirely.

Locking. This thread has gone on long enough. If you wish to discuss YouTube videos on our boards please PM me directly. NYCJPM, no we will not discuss or revoke your ban.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II

adw1983

For reference, I have never even ONCE in my LIFE seen a video that cannot be summarized into 1 sentence per minute of video playtime.

Not.

Once.

But I have seen hourlong videos that could have been summarized into three sentences, wasting hours on what I could have read as fast as my entire post.

Not a bad vid. PDW is an excellent weapon however lag comp is for people who have worse connections. It gives them the advantage. They see you  first because it takes their packets longer to get to the server. This is how it works but the game isn't perfect.

mjw3786

who is that moderator and why is she so abrasive?

and since when are videos not acceptable content?

The dictators have struck again, a helpful video for a hot topic on the forums. Access denied. They give us rules and apparantly make their own hidden rules as well. Much like a dictatorship, weird.

Foxhound-Pro

Chiming in on this one. I'd like to remind everyone that while you may disagree with how we handle our boards, we do have the right to edit content and direct discussion flow. We try our best to outline our goals for any issues that may or may not be covered in the Code of Conduct.

Such efforts are our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines which help dictate the feel of our community and the YouTube & Streaming Guidelines which helps reduce spam and improve traditional forum interaction with modern social media outlets. These two governing documents can be found on the forum landing page and most sub-forum indexes.

As stated in the Youtube/Streaming guidelines thread, we are a traditional forum board. Our users come here to discuss, debate and explore ideas, issues and general gameplay. They don't come here to watch someone's video which may include elements they do not wish to view. Thus we ask that any discussion which has video related content use that content to support discussion rather than be the discussion.

It's ok if you disagree with our reasoning, but we will not change our stance regarding this issue. We will also continue to enforce our rules and guidelines for the better of the community.

As a final note I'd also like to add that insulting us or exaggerating our actions/presence does not make anyone's discussion point any more valid.