35 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 10:37 AM by llewellyn237_ RSS

Is everyone allergic to the objective or what?!!

mangofish78

Everyone seems to be allergic to the objective! Here I am, crazily dolphin diving for the B flag over and over while my ENTIRE team just hangs back in a cosy corner. It seems like the only time a team ever truly goes for the obj is when they're partied up. Come on guys, WTF is up with that bs?! I can honestly say that I've single handedly won games of Dom for my team cause the rest of the team are too cowardly to go for the obj. Come on guys, a bit of smoke and some shock charges, you too could make that B cap!

• Re: Is everyone allergic to the objective or what?!!
    Rodbaker

The thing is: playing the objctive is not that rewarding as treyarch said. If you play TDM the chance you actually get high killstreaks is very low. You basically cannot die at all.

In domination is easier to get points by defending flags but people does not seem to like risking their scorestreaks when capturing flags.

A lot of my team mates wait ultill i jump on the flag and when i'´m almost caping the flag alone they pass by to get 200 points.

mangofish78

The thing I've noticed lately is that I usually get my score streaks easier from capping and slaying at the same time. I've had quite a few games whereby as soon as I've capped B and killed a couple guys, I get my Guardian, swiftly followed by the sentry gun, and that's practically the round won! I'm pretty sure it takes longer to get score streaks by just kills alone. @BuddyVA I hear that, lol! Been doing that a lot lately

Scoring in Dom:

Capture home flag: 50 points

Kill: 100 points

Offense/Defense kill: 125 points (Any kill made while you are standing within range of a friendly flag count as a defense).

Capture neutral/hostile flag: 200 points

Kill while capturing a flag: 200 points

Plus of course random stuff like assists, destroying equipment/scorestreaks, and your own scorestreak rewards.

Plain and simple fact is that an aggressive player will earn far more scorestreaks, and earn them much more quickly, than a player hanging back and protecting their k/d.  You also get bonus XP in the AAR for earning the initial B capture during each half ("Opening Move" medal).

BuddyVA

If my team is allergic to objectives, I suddenly get allergic to the match and back out.

Rodbaker

The game rewards you with 125 points even if you kill an enemy near their own flag. It counts as an offensive reward, but it's just rewarding you to spawn trap

I do that as well but NO you don't want B you want to kill the people taking B while your on top in the house. -_-

I get the opening move as much as possible, more points and better control...of course I'm always alone in doing this...well most of the time...Slums is extremely bad for this, everyone sits back going "is there an opening. yuk yuk"  I say no there isnt, just go for it and push push push man, when you cap and team only controls 2 flags and dont push spawn, the skies will be filled with your god like rage!!!! muhahahaha

ghamorra

I'll go for the B flag, but depending on how I die I might never return. The B flag in this game is a death trap and I'm not wasting a ton of lives to try and solo cap it. If the team is there and ready I'm not afraid to take a death. However, this is rarely the case and due to the 9 different directions the enemy can come from there's just no logical reasoning to try by yourself

sennalike

Ditto.  I only play domination and always solo.  I am totally reliant on my team mates being in the same frame of mind.  If their not then I'm not going 3-30 for their benefit.

Most maps do have a position which offers cover while capping B, they're just more subtle and less-known than they were in previous CoDs.  The penalty for solo caps is obviously increasing your deaths in the game, but the bonus for doing it (aside from feeling like a Manly Man) is a poopton of points toward your scorestreaks.

Off the top of my head:

Hijacked: crouching behind the benches to either side of B flag gives you an excellent firing position on players rushing B along the sides from their spawn; you just have to clear the benches & hot tub yourself (or trust your teammates to).

Raid: You can crouch or go prone behind the two pedestals near the rock garden, providing cover from the two firing positions in/near the second-floor windows & getting a good sight picture on the center atrium approach.

Meltdown: You can go prone behind the big tank and have complete cover from both second-floor office windows, while having a good sight picture into the reactor room.

Standoff: Going prone behind the pickup truck protects you from pretty much every firing position near the A spawn.  Crouching behind the barrel does the same for positions near the C spawn.

Aftermath: You can go prone behind that short wall right on the B flag, which protects you from every firing position except one first-floor doorway.

Cargo: If you time it so that the shipping containers between you and the enemy spawn are down, you can only be shot at from the two sides; the open side is covered by the tops of the two fixed containers (where someone is always camping) and you can sight in on the building.  The game starts with all 3 containers down, so if you rush B immediately you can cap it before any are raised (you'll want Flak Jacket to protect against nades, obviously).

Carrier: You can lay prone inside the aircraft frame & still capture B; just make sure you're facing towards the enemy spawn so you can shoot players approaching.

Drone: From the A spawn, you can crouch behind the two barrels along the building and still cap B, protecting you from most lines of sight near C.  From the C spawn, you can go prone underneath the front bumper of the van & be protected from every LOS except the factory building.

Plaza: You can crouch either behind the center post or inside the doorway and still cap B; this protects you from the rooftop firing positions near the spawns and you can cover one of the side approaches, but you're still vulnerable to being shot in the back from the other.

Turbine: I've found the most effective way to cap it is to go prone right on the B flag while facing towards the hillier approach.  You can clear out the inside of the tube yourself before capping, and your camping teammates are usually sighted in on the other approaches.

Yemen, Slums, and Express pretty much are death traps and are extremely difficult to solo cap, so you're right on those.

ljone

Lol, well said mate.I like the hero's that hide behind cover as your capping the flag and run over at the last second to help. Or better yet when they stand there and watch you get shot at without firing back at them its like wtf have you got your head up your arse or what dude help ffs.

Shadow_Alq

Ghamorra I know you here from Forums, I have no problem saying I respect you and that I know youre not a troll!. But ill give my opinion and explanation, maybe it will relate to how you play but this is my general view, not a personal attack on anyone (although the way each of us play individually has effects on the global team outcome):

1 - Maps are more linear than on MW3, this means there is a straight line with 3 flags: A-B-C.

2 - Besides the lag (which counts for real), there are 3 ways of winning Domination:

a) You take A and B and Hold. (Easy Win)

b) You take A nad C and hold. (Almost impossible Win).

c) You try to take the 3 Flags.

Ill put it simple: people that hold B (and other flag) die a lot to take B but will mostly win the games. (Personally I die from 1 to 8 times each times to hold B but I have 400 Wins).

And then there the people that, as soon as they die 2 or 3 times at B, they forget it and ill tell you what they do: they run the outside of the map, they kill a lot of people going from A to C, but in the end:

1 - They obviously Lose,

Or

2 - They Win but not because of how they played, but because someone on their team got the B Flag.

Domination = B Flag.

Who doesnt see it are the ones with high KD screamiming at the end of the matches "How we lost?? My team mates are dumb...".

ghamorra

Shadow_Alq wrote:

Ill put it simple: people that hold B (and other flag) die a lot to take B but will mostly win the games. (Personally I die from 1 to 8 times each times to hold B but I have 400 Wins

This game wasn't designed to have players with high K/Ds. I have those one friends list who've always held a 3+ and I always had a 2+. This game doesn't give you that luxuary and I've come to accept that so now I'm more of an objective seeker.

What I won't do is feed the other team kills. Going 50/50 with kills and deaths is fine if you were hitting the objective hard, anything less in my opinion is kill feeding the other team. When you start to do that you start to look up in the sky more than ahead of you.

I adjust my playstyle to what goes on around me, and if my team isn't helping me out I'd much rather take a loss than get rofl stomped at B flag all day.

Note: Sometimes going for kills can push enemy back giving you an easy cap on B. Also you can rack up kills, throw some airsupport up and cap B under the watchful eye of a VSAT or Stealth Chopper. Sometimes not capping B is the best way to cap B

vince217

there should be a killstreak and objectivestreak.

killstreak = just like killstreaks of the past... points accrued based on kills and kills alone.

objectivestreak = similar to support streak... doesnt reset, etc.  BUT you only get points for doing objective.  capturing hardpoints, flags, etc.

so on games like TDM, KC, etc.  there is no objectivestreak.  but on demolition, dom, etc.  you get extra points and rewards for playing the objectives.

for times when you are defending a position, points are divided between kill and objective streak (+50 for kill, +50 for defending objective).

i think that is fair for everyone.

that would make for some interesting games..more challenging too, would be hard to take objectives, kinda like a war or somethin lol

It's already fair for everyone; you know what playlist you're joining, and even if it's a moshpit you have the option of backing out when TDM is selected.  If they went with a system like you're suggesting then you'd just have more people ignoring the objectives to killwhore.

KC already gives you 50 points per kill, 100 points for confirming a kill, and 25 for denying a kill or when a teammate confirms one of yours.  A 10-killstreak there will earn you a Lodestar, assuming you collect your own tags, and that's without adding on assists, denials, or points earned from lower streaks.  Really, the only players who have any right to gripe are TDM people, and again that goes back to just not playing that game type if you don't like the point rewards.

offthewall2

I've noticed this too, it happens almost every game. I was capping B on Raid yesterday and two of my team mates were just standing behind cover watching me. While I was capping B I was shooting at them to get their attention, after I capped the flag, I ran back and knifed them for being p*****.

A lot of times people will wait until it's almost capped, and then jump on like previously mentioned. Those games I usually end up with 6+ captures and we still lose. One time I had 10 captures and we still lost, lmao.

If people are reading this thread, and they are scared of capping flags since they are close to their UAV, I know a class setup for you.

This is the most OP domination class, put on Flack jacket, Scavenger, and Tactical mask. Have a Trophy system, and C4. Throw the Trophy on B and get a few easy points while capping, throw C4 to kill a couple close by and safely get a Scavenger pack. Throw another trophy on A, or C and triple cap them, and you'll already have a low killstreak. Throw your trophy on B again, keep that flag and watch the flag behind you. You don't need a team, and just successfully bullied your way to victory.

offthewall2 wrote:

A lot of times people will wait until it's almost capped, and then jump on like previously mentioned.

Not saying that's what the players are doing in your matches, but if you see me run onto the B flag right before it goes green that means that I was covering you from nearby to make sure you didn't get flanked.  Or that I had spawned recently and just then made it back to B.

Oh, one other pet peeve while I'm in this thread: If you do decide to hop on the B flag with me from the beginning, how about you face in one of the directions I'm not so you can cover a different approach?  And then actually kill the guy that comes from that direction?  K tks.

offthewall2

Yeah, I understand that some people are just trying to cover you. One person is fine, but two...those are the reasons I get mad when I'm 1s away from capping and die since my Trophy was exhausted.

Don't worry about me man, as long as you have your direction covered we'll dominate .

Shadow_Alq

This is my secret to win Domination:

Its not an huge secret to be honest, its a question of attitude most of all. during MW3 i never said it here on Forums, and now I will say and I know that some will just say "Yea thats how I do too". But the question is not about doing it once (in easy games we all can do it); the question is doing it always, even when you are getting destroyed.

Or you get into games with the mentality of Winnning, or with the mentality of getting Kills. In a dream world both things should happen together, but this is not a dream world.

Why you guys see (and I know you must see it) games where one team is all positive (some 40-10) but they lost the match?

Ill tell you what I see as a boring guy that, no matter what, just plays the B Flag all game long:

Hipothesis 1: other team dont care about B. They will lose. And you can be at B all match and just get 4 or 5 kills (because other team is all clustered at their spwan flag, or running with MP7's with Hussain BOlt attitude from A to C).

Hipothesis 2: they actually try to get B and if you stay focused you willl get lots of kills since you promised yourself that B Flag wont be taken.

So yes, getting a lot of kills, calling a lot of support, can help a team. But it can also mean nothing. And this is where killwhores cpme to my mind: they spend full match going the easy way, going from A to C, killing us on our spawns, they call scorestreaks, they die, they come again to our flag, repeat, repeat!!.. Yes they killed a lot, and their Heli killed me 10 times BUT: that heli killed me 10 times after I captured B once again, and all the kills they goy at our Flag spawn didnt count for anything really.

So yes: there are kills more important than other kills. There are deaths more important than other deaths. In the end, after first minutes of a match I already know if i playing against killwhores.

One of two things will happen: or you will have to die big time to get that B flag and you will mostly win the match (but they will still brag about their KD and Scorestreaks although they ment 0); or you will have a great laugh because as soon as you capture and lock the B Flag you will realize that the 9 tough guys on other team werent really that tough: youll see no one at B Flag after that moment. Game is already yours!

mattmathers

I try play the objective as much as I can (i've been playing ground war a lot lately) so I'm in Domination or Kill Confirmed a lot but in domination it's hard to play the objective when there's 1-2 enemies camping at every flag waiting for you to go cap it so they can kill you. I try cap the flags 3 times and if they fail, I'll just become a kill-whore since there's no point trying to cap the flags since I just die every time I try to play the objective.

Shadow_Alq

Mathmatters:

As your name also says it, its a question of math! See!? Most of you guys have that 3rd Death limit.

And there, the point where you say "*** it, I wont try more" is the point where killwhores will have won the match.

If you are solo and against 9 killwhores I can understand you, but if you say "**** it, I will try till my 10th death" you know what will happen!? Youll die those 10 times but youll get that B Flag and then:

- Or you will destroy them big time and get your 10 deaths back!

- Or some times you wont get those deaths back but you will win the match and think: "Dam, after I got B they werent that tough".

If they camp at their flag because of all the fear they have now on going to B: do like me, find a nice little dark corner and just wait the match to end and get the Win lol... Most killwhores are dominated by the fear of getting killed a lot: so you have to play with that. If you dont have afraid of dying you will mostly get those Wins rolling! Problem starts when we incoprporate that fear and start acting as killwhores too.

mattmathers

I'm constantly the solo player, 7/10 Dom games I play I am the only one trying to play the objective, and the only thing I care about when playing Domination is *HOLD THE F'ING B FLAG*, I don't care about A or C, and every time my team mates just let it go. I only give up on objective playing when I'm like 2-15 or something ridiculous and my teammates won't help play the objective. It annoys me so much how people just play for kills and not to actually play the point of the game, they should make a standalone groundwar with just TDM or FFA or some non-objective based gametype. The only priority for me is the B flag, that's all, and I find myself raging when my killwhore teammates always give it up and do nothing about it. I'm not one to care for my K/D or W/L very much, but it angers me a lot when I lose a game just because idiots won't play the objective.

Shadow_Alq

Matt do you play on PS3!? Add me if so: Shadow_Alquimist.

As side not: killwhores or not, stupid or not, most people see B flag as is it was exactly equal to A and C Flags! So, most of them dont really understand whats your obsession with the B Flag lol... Then there are the ones going 40-10 with 1 capture and losing game after game: but that is always a good laugh granted for me

mattmathers

Yes I play on PS3 I'll add you when I get on tomorrow, the rest of my house is asleep and I don't want to wake them up with my raging. But I played with a guy earlier today and he went something like 70-11 (he had 70 kills, not sure about deaths) but he also had 5 caps & 11 defends, which I still consider objective playing. I wish I had a mic to tell my team to Cap & Guard the B flag with all their try-hard skill in them. As someone said earlier, hold the B flag & mess around with capping A & C and you have the game won. But anyway not much I can do about killwhores, I'll become one myself some day if there's no one bothering to help me play the objective.

Shadow_Alq

lol Matt so lets make sure you get some people to play the objectives and prevent you from becoming a high-KD-Noob

I just can promise you some good ammount of Wins. But I cant promise, at least at this point, that you will see me getting 80 Kills or something extraordinary! But the Wiining: for that I take the responsability!

Add me on PSN: just warn me its you here from Forum in case your PSN ID is much different from your ID here on Forums! See you later I guess!

In killzone 3 the infiltrator can do objectives like planting bombs faster than the rest. Maybe we could have a perk that does the same? Though i know this will somehow be exploited in this game so maybe not

K/D whores...K/D whores everywhere...

i know what u mean, anyways, add me on psn: X4v13rs

I also like to play the objective and need all the help i can get.

I sent you a friend request by the way.

Wolf_Odinson

We all know the "high % k/dr" wannabes abound; no matter the game type, they're gonna join in just for that purpose.

I recently played domination on Hijacked (and let's face it, no matter where you are on the yacht, you practically only have to move 10' in any direction, then stand still to be in position to capture for christ's sake) and, it sure seemed to me, not one single teammate even tried to cap a flag. They immediately ran below deck, sprinted to either end, up the ladders to the 3rd floor observation areas, and then played "hunting in a baited field" all match - just to increase/preserve their kdr.

Common sense told me to quit the match, but that isn't my style; so, I sucked up the lopsided loss and moved on.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to stop 'em; since they're too selfish to care how their playstyle effects either the outcome of an objective, team based match, or their teammates' w/l record, reading something about their behavior on the forums won't change anything.

Remember: you can't have slaughter without the laughter

Wolf

bonfire5

I do my best to play the objective, always going for B and just trying to Capture or defend most of the time. Sometimes, I forget to put on Flak Jacket though, so I constantly get bombed. Every now and then I get an awesome match though. It's a good thing I run low streaks, or I'd probably be hiding most of the time.

A lot of people want kills, nothing else.

The way I see it is, grab A, frag over at the B watchers (get one maybe a double), get on B, couple or more capture kills, cap B and that's it... Package, Lightening and Sentry standing by. Simple as that.

Kill whores are afraid to be killed while trying for the objective. Fact.