6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2012 12:31 PM by Arcanine2013 RSS

Strengthening the Damage for the SVU-AS Sniper Rifle

brewcastleunited

Has anyone else noticed the SVU-AS plays more like an assault rifle than a sniper rifle? It's a 2 hit killer unless you get a head shot or hit a guy from the shoulder blades up. I've actually been using it with good effect using a ballistics CPU and ripple firing (3-4 very quick shots) at targets. Using FMJ doesn't really seem to add any power (even though it says it does) - the results are still pretty much the same. I use the gun quite a bit since I've never been a fan of bolt action snipers and the XPR-50 (which is great!) unlocks very late. Strangely when I ripple fire the SVU-AS the second kill shot ends up being a headshot a lot of the time (I have about 300 kills, about 100 of which are headshots) with the gun. Normally that's sweet, but only 1 shot kills count toward camo progress on snipers - so it's kind of frustrating (I have about 300 kills / about 100 headshots / and oddly only 93 1 shot kills with the gun). It would be nice if they would at some point expand the 1 hit kill damage area of the gun to the lower chest on up, it would become a lot more effective and realistic.

• Re: Strengthening the Damage for the SVU-AS Sniper Rifle
    ghamorra

brewcastleunited wrote:

been using it with good effect using a ballistics CPU and ripple firing (3-4 very quick shots)

This is exactly why it isn't a OHK weapon. People spam this gun all the time. Imagine the frustration it would cause if you could just ADS and unleash Hell without the fear of recoil holding you back. I've even seen QS use this gun and get a quick 3-4 shots off and still land everyone gaining them the easiest, skill-less kills

brewcastleunited

I don't use it to quick scope, I've never been a fan of that tactic (sometimes I get pissed at guys that are doing that and kill me, but when the game ends and I see they've gone 7 kills to 17 deaths it amuses me). I've just noticed that this gun seems to replace the need for using a FAL or SMR. It's most effective at mid to longish range firing multiple shots as opposed to attempting 1 shot kills. I think this gun can be tough to use if you think you're going to be getting 1 shot kills - it would be nice if the damage rate would be ticked up just a little for people that actually use it to snipe.

gmir9

I like using this rifle lying down on drone from either end of the center of the board.

Usally get 12 - 15 kills using the zoom option and silencer.

OSOK to the chest on this gun will never happen, as it would make it too powerful, due to its relatively low recoil for a SR. Treyarch just recently increased the recoil on the xpr, so that should tell you something..

I do think it needs a buff though, considering how its outclassed at close to med long range by fal and smr, and the other 3 sniper rifles. I would give it a osok to the neck, and osok to the head with silencer, and maybe less sway to line up headshots easier.