1 2 3 Previous Next 79 Replies Latest reply: Feb 28, 2013 9:32 AM by jamesesau RSS

HC TDM Has Been Ruined

GWS24

Best way to describe it.  No respawn timer?  Seriously?

HC TDM was a strategic game with a slower pace than its counterpart in core.  Without the respawn timer you are taking out much of the team communication aspect.

This is terrible.  Guess its time to learn to play SnD or CAP....

• 1. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined

I think that saying it's "ruined" is a bit extreme, but I definitely see your point.

I actually think that most people don't play as a team anyway, including myself on most occasions, so I don't think too many people will care about not spawning at the same time as their teammates. I have to admit that 15sec wave spawn was the only thing I hated about HC, so I'm glad to see it gone.

You know what these forums are like though...we'll know soon enough if people don't like the change!

• 2. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined
    maccabi

GWS24 wrote:

HC TDM was a strategic game with a slower pace than its counterpart in core.  Without the respawn timer you are taking out much of the team communication aspect.

Vahn asked the hc community about the spawn timer the overwhelming reply was remove it as it slowed the game down.

• 3. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined
    GWS24

I saw that actually.  We will see what people think when they actually play it, but my initial thoughts were basically this.

I liked the game mode because of the communication aspect, which I think will decrease without the delay.  No point in telling your mates the left side is breached when you can just go take care of it yourself.  Running around like a chicken with your head cutoff is a strategic fail, and that's what I fear this mode is going to become.

Just played some CAP.  Pretty sweet mode with lots of communication.  This modification in HC TDM will ruin that mode for me, but not the entire game, thankfully.

It is a very drastic change, I'm hoping it is short lived.

• 4. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined

100% agreed!!! Now the game is on speed and HC was not about that. HC was supposed to be for the gamers who use strategy and now that the game is going at 150 mph all that is out the window! The spawn delay allowed you to get your bearings straight but now CoD is officially rated C for chickens running around with their heads cut off! I had faith Treyarch wouldn't ruin this game but it is done!! To top it all off they grossed a BILLION dollars before Xmas and still took away HC FFA! Epic fail Treyarch!! MW3 doesn't seem so bad anymore.

• 5. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined
    midnighter20c

GWS24 wrote:

The wait to spawn is gone in HC TDM now?!?!?  

Looks like I'm going to play some HC TDM now!

• 6. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined
    maccabi

your opinion is based off how you prefer to play,

im not saying your playstyle is wrong, i sometimes like the slower paced more tactical games myself, but imo tdm is really a tactical game mode like an obj mode is. its basicallt run round kill rinse repeat.,

yes call outs are vital in hc and if im playing solo it drives me nutz when everyone runs around like a headless chicken.

The thing with Vahn is he does listen to feedback, especially from the hc community We've had alot of experience with this , the removal of the respawn timer being a prime example that was what the majority wanted. I obviously cant second guess 3arc or claim any knowledge of their thought processes but i would have assumed they would have looked at maybe a compromise of a shorter respawn timer (and not wave based) but given the amount of remove comments Vahn got about it i could see them just thinking remove was the best option

• 7. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined

Again, HC is now closer to Core than ever! Us hardcore gamers don't want a game mode like core where there is nothing but chaos! I run and gun but enjoy the slower pace of HC. R.I.P. HC! You will be missed!

• 8. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined
    anoreo

I think it's better like this. There is no reason for TDM to have a spawn timer. Game modes like CTF, sure but not TDM. It only serves to slow down the mode artificially. TDM's all about killing people, and it's kind of hard to do that when you're just sitting with your thumbs up your rear waiting for them to respawn. There's no strategic value to the respawn timer unlike CTF where if you can coordinate an assault, their flag will be helpless.

• 9. Re: HC TDM Has Been Ruined

The game is now more like core. HC was just fine before they messed it up. Almost one year ago IW ruined hardcore with ricochet so I guess 3arc is right on schedule. I understand some ppl will like the change but most of us true HC fans will hate it.

1 2 3 Previous Next