19 Replies Latest reply: Dec 9, 2012 1:58 PM by oustinks2 RSS

Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

Ghost_Squad7678

Let me break it down for you, it's been addressed already but here it is for the hardcore community: Ghost. They ruined it and in HC we can't tell if it's activated or not. I always have to break out into a full sprint cause when I'm just walking the enemy sees me. No Nuketown in hardcore. What a preorder scam. 4 playlists in hardcore and then they remove hc ffa. What a joke! Who wants to play League Play? Core has enough playlists man! The biggest issue for me was the removal of the respawn timer in HC. Now the game is as fast paced as core and I'm sorry but HC was for those of us who enjoyed a slower paced more realistic shooter. Core has plenty of options so why make HC more like core? My bros and I loved to play hc ffa but it's gone. I will not play this game anymore and last night I went back to MoH Warfighter and MW3. This game is clearly made for one playstyle and I don't like to run around the map like a headless chicken with a SMG hoping I can shoot first. I liked the stealthy gameplay that was hardcore. Now they ruined it along with all other playstyles and I'm done. If MW4 doesn't bring back the true hardcore playstyles then I'm done with CoD. I adapted to the ghost issue but in reality us HC players don't have a clue if it's active and I have been killed several times while I'm moving cause the enemy knew exactly where I was. The maps are ok but lack the innovation the game promised. The pick 10 system is cool but it really only lets us choose the perks we want but with no pro perks there is really no innovation there. Those of us who have played for years are dissapointed in you Treyarch. Not all of us enjoy the  straight up fast paced run and gun style. I'm no camper, just cautious. If you do reinstate the real hardcore mode then I will be back, if not then I'm done with your copy and past ruined game. Everyone knows that your games lag more than IW and hardcore was the best cure for that but now you went and changed something small, but it ruined the game that was perfect before. If you really wanted the feedback from the hardcore community then why didn't you leave a message of the day on the game when we sign on? I don't tweet cause that sounds like I play with Barbie dolls. Give us back our hardcore game please!

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    rjs281

    That sucks that you don't like it. I think it is great myself.  I am not a fan of camping and am always on the move so this helps me against people who care only about there K/D and not getting the kills required to win(8 and 5 isnt that much help)( 20 and 10 is). Just my opinion.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    james.chastain3

    once again we have been screwed.. cant anyone leave things alone?? except for afew minor glitches the games was pretty the way it was now they dont add another hc mode but instead replace one of the most popular modes w/another??  it would appear that while the devs may have programing knowledge they have lost any common sense!!

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    ghorman

    In order for ghost to work you have to be at full walking speed or faster.  You CANNOT crouch and move its not fast enough.  Ghost is pretty much worthless.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    Ghost_Squad7678 wrote:

     

    No Nuketown in hardcore. What a preorder scam.

    This really really pisses me off more than anything.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    what do you mean give us back hardcore it's still there just some small changes like removal of respawn delay time and ffa. what you can't get use to this? it doesn't have to be fast paced you only MAKE it seem like it's fast paced. yes go back to IW they're cool too and those other shooter games I got bored off of. it's probably not going to last long if more crybabies sign on and cry about it anyway.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    This has got to be the absolute worst in the series for HC. Limited game types. Maps and spawning that increases the chance of being shot in the back exponentially. Ghost sucks, Dead Silence Sucks, Awareness sucks, Bettie's and Claymores just let the other team know where you are because everybody is using Engineer. Vonderhar must have this obsession of trying to make COD into an e-sport. He removed the re spawn timer in TDM to speed up the game so it's more entertaining to watch. He just doesn't get it that it can  be fun to play but the masses will never enjoy watching this clusterf$$k.

    • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
      Tick7

      He eliminated the respawn timer to help speed up the otherwise boring nature of hardcore TDM.

       

      Why?

       

      Because Hardcore TDM is ridiculously boring and nobody moves.

       

      Does removing the respawn timer help?

       

      Unfortunately, no. People still camp, and don't move, and it's still sensationally boring.

       

      How do you create more excitement in HC? How about some of you HC players stop playing like absolute *expletives referring to woman's genitelia*s and start playing the game a bit?

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    this game is completely ruined about time activision sack trearc and give it to a more competent company who listens to gamers i preferred trearc over infinity ward over previous titles but this one is the absolute worst and i wont be getting the next but if people keep on buying this it wont get sorted if they start loosing money these things would get sorted pretty quickly

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    Tick7

    If you move, ghost works. If you don't move, ghost doesn't work.

     

    It's not that hard to figure out.

     

    As for hardcore - we've been over this a million times; it's not a popular playlist, and people continue to leave the playlist because many people in that playlist choose to camp and use explosives, and make it quite unplayable.

     

    If a playlist is unplayable, why should people come and play it?

     

    The irony here is that the HC players are moaning about their HC stuff, but at the same time they are likely the ones that are ruining the experience and driving people away as well.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    omgx2rainb0w

    You gonna be stealty on nuketown???? Hardcore players = Campers who wants 1 shot kills

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    Wait, the maps promised innovation? LOL where was this stated? I mean I believe you, but I'm just cracking up here as I'm downloading the BF3 Aftermath update reading about BO2 to hopefully find something good that would change my opinion about the game. This is just funny.

     

    The game pace is stupid in this game. Even normal mode it's WAY faster than BO1. It's almost cartoon like. The game must be great for people on crank...But for anyone sober it's just a mess.

     

    Aside from the fact that you can run around and fire from the hip with almost every gun because there's no recoil on most and I guess the aim assist I don't know... The maps are the most pathetic maps in the history of CoD.

     

    The maps are WAY too small and there's no depth. Not a lot of variety in elevation. You can no longer climb on as many things that you should be able to...That you used to be able to in BO1. I thought BO1 was terrible because they removed foliage and you couldn't jump on to as many things...But this is absolutely terrible. I think BO1 is so much better than BO2 it's not even funny and I really didn't like BO1 either.

     

    Every single map is a close quarters map with barely any cover because there's too many angles that people come from...And everyone runs around. There's a huge incentive for lightweight since the other slot 1 perks are a little pointless. Then you throw on the adjustable stock and now you have people running around scoped in. Not that they need to be since firing from the hip is just fine. WTF is with the M27?

     

    Completely trash game. The only reason it got as many sales as it did was because it rode the coat tails of this wonderful franchise. They really do need to find someone better than Treyarch to build their games. This is strike two and they should be out. Should've never been used again after BO1 to be frank.

     

    Though I gotta hand it to them, they literally made a game that EVERYONE is good at. It doesn't matter how many video games you've played before in your life. If you just pick this up and start running around and shooting you're going to end up with a pretty decent score.

    • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
      Tick7

      tnmphoenix wrote:

       

      Wait, the maps promised innovation? LOL where was this stated? I mean I believe you, but I'm just cracking up here as I'm downloading the BF3 Aftermath update reading about BO2 to hopefully find something good that would change my opinion about the game. This is just funny.

       

       

       

      Aftermath maps are fantastic - some of the best maps in BF3!

       

      Anyway - Black Ops 2 maps = close quarters maps with big choke points for the most part. That's not a flawed design, but deliberate. It tries to combat campers, so ho-humm.

       

       

      tnmphoenix wrote:

       

       

      The game pace is stupid in this game. Even normal mode it's WAY faster than BO1. It's almost cartoon like. The game must be great for people on crank...But for anyone sober it's just a mess.

       

       

       

      Could it just be, that the PLAYERS are faster rather than the game playing faster? Fact is, hundreds of thousands of people have played this game for so many years - maybe they are developing quicker tempos and reflexes?

       

      Personally - I think the players are playing faster than the game. I don't feel that it's any faster than MW3 personally. "But for anyone sober it's just a mess" - na I disagree with that, I'm always sober and find that I do just fine in this game.

       

       

      tnmphoenix wrote:

       

       

      Every single map is a close quarters map with barely any cover because there's too many angles that people come from...And everyone runs around. There's a huge incentive for lightweight since the other slot 1 perks are a little pointless. Then you throw on the adjustable stock and now you have people running around scoped in. Not that they need to be since firing from the hip is just fine. WTF is with the M27?

       

       

      Try playing hardcore - I don't think your particular skill-set is suited for CoD. There are some really good players on CoD, perhaps the truth is you just aren't good at the game? Perhaps have never been good at the game but have only realized it now?

       

      What's wrong with the M27? Good, balanced gun. Not much recoil, but balanced by damage and fire rate characteristics. Ever taken an M27 up against an SMG or another AR at similar range? You'll lose most of the gunfights every single time.

       

       

      tnmphoenix wrote:

       

       

      Completely trash game. The only reason it got as many sales as it did was because it rode the coat tails of this wonderful franchise. They really do need to find someone better than Treyarch to build their games. This is strike two and they should be out. Should've never been used again after BO1 to be frank.

       

       

       

       

      And yet the veteran players concluded that:

       

      Black Ops 1 was much more polished, but not as fun as MW2.

       

      Black Ops 2, with the lag issues potentially being fixed, can become one of the best CoD's since CoD 4.

       

      If you like - I can show you a number of big CoD players that could second that statement.

       

      Problem = you, and not the game?

       

       

      tnmphoenix wrote:

       

       

      Though I gotta hand it to them, they literally made a game that EVERYONE is good at.

       

      Everyone but you, apparently....

      • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

        No, no my score is just fine. That's not the issue.

        Glad to hear the BF3 Aftermath is good, I'm looking forward to it here.

         

        Maybe I got used to BF3 I don't know...But even BO1 was a little slower pace.

        I think it's not the players but the maps. I think the maps are too small for the number of players. I tried ground war a few times and that's just a mess...But even normal modes are bad.

         

        ...And sure if you can't camp that's fine, but then they go ahead and remove quickscoping. So it doesn't really make a lot of sense for snipers. So since BO1 I really just use the FAL. Then I find this M27 and just threw my hands up in the air and said ok this game really doesn't want to make things a challenge.

         

        I put lightweight + adjustable stock on the FAL and I literally just run around scoped in. Or what I consider running. The more I think about it though I just think it's a matter of scale. The maps are not scaled properly. A few this size is fine for that close quarters game play, but they are literally ALL close quarters maps.

         

        Maybe like one or two aren't but they rarely come up in game play.

         

        What's more pathetic is that when someone gets a cluster bomb killstreak or lightning strike or anything really, everyone is basically wiped out because the maps are so small that it doens't matter where you target...Everyone outside is screwed. This is especially true on the stupid boat map.

         

        My score is fine because I can aim...But my point really is that everyone else's score is also fine even if they can't aim. Seriously go look in a game and pay attention to the scores at the end. Rare is it that you see anyone with a score that isn't more or less level. Either way.

         

        I've seen a dude own a server with a knife too before. Literally 5 kills in a row and half the players saw him coming at them...They just couldn't swivel fast enough to aim or the fire rate or maybe they tried to aim down the sights. It was amazing to watch but also completely looney. Like I said, watching and playing this game is like a cartoon.

        • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

          I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm annoyed because my score isn't good or anything. I know that's an obvious conclusion...But really, I don't want to be THAT good at the game and have everyone else on the server also be that good. I do like to be challenged. I like to see variance in players. When you have that kind of random element in games you end up coming away with some awesome experiences. Some cool stories that you just wouldn't have otherwise.

           

          I think it makes it more enjoyable...Though I'm sure the masses think it's annoying. That's likely why they removed camping and quickscoping (real quickscoping, now everyone THINKS they know what quickscoping is or they just resigned themselves to labeling "quick as it can be" scoping as that) removed foliage to hide in removed most cover from the map removed elevation there's now no more than one story in buildigns. etc. the list goes on and on. They dumed down this game to the point that everyone is good.

           

          So I'm not sure where you came to the conclusion my score is bad...Because NO ONE has a bad score in this game.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...

    Every year, a new COD comes out. Every year, people complain about it, and say the previous installment was better, but nothing compared to COD 4. Every year people complain if they change something, or if they keep something else different. IF you like it, great. If not, great. Choose what you want to play, there will always be pros and cons and personal opinion about them all. Complaining about it on here will get you nowhere besides flammed or props, depending if you happen to match up with one person or against another.

  • Re: Treyarch I adapted, but now you've gone too far...
    oustinks2

    Totally agree no spawn timer has ruined hardcore.  I have been playing hardcore for the last 4 COD games but I'm done with tge current format.  Wish they would have made this game change known before release I would not have bought the game nor the DLC.  3 arc you are a bunch of crooks!