1 2 3 4 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2012 1:08 PM by zvers Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Izjar11

Explain what are you getting at!

• 11. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Izjar11

COD,

Another weekend, another overly used word! Campers / Camping / Encampent is not the PROBLEM!

The player who complains about another's choice is!

• 12. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    h1r0l3r

I've never been called a camper as my playstyle is run-n-gun all day. Campers will camp for whatever reason, mostly to maintain a high K/D as that seems to be the "bar" by which everyone is measured. Have a high K/D? Wow, you must be a really good player. Never mind the fact that your W/L is 0.12 or you've never capped a single flag in 3 days of gametime. But, hey, you have a high K/D so that's all that matters.

I have no problem with campers as, eventually, they'll die either by me or someone else. The vast majority of the time, a "camper" is someone just sitting in a corner, ADSing and waiting for someone to stroll through for an easy kill. This is camping 101. For the more advanced player, or tactical positioning player, it's camp/kill/move, rinse and repeat. This is strategic playing. Annoying at times, yes, but strategic nonetheless.

Camping takes no skill whatsoever, that is a given. People wanna play like that, so be it. I'm not the greatest COD player but I like to improve with each game/match/whatever. There's more to this game then your stats which is what 90% of the players don't seem to get.

• 13. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Highwayman0226

I find it ironic the people that cry camper the most are the guys that constantly run around with ghost, hipfiring SMGs.  Yet, they are the ones that make camping such a successful tactic.  I've always had a slower playstyle, and I'll "camp" once in awhile.  Was having a lot of fun chopping up SMG users with the 870, but that's just a memory now.

• 14. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Ap0ca1yp3e

Hello,

These are my thoughts, I find that I end up calling people campers for two particular reasons.

Firstly, not having sight of the player and playing tactical, instead, waiting in a corner with ADS round a popular route, that is annoying as hell but understandable in some cases, that to me is a true camper.

Secondly, when playing objectives, DOM for example, We have A they have C, we go for B they don't instead they ADS B waiting for us, that to me is not playing the objective, if they acquired B then ADS B to play defensivley then I would be fine. Another example, Nuketown 2025 KC, Snipers camping on the left flank, killing people... how they gonna pick up those tags, that to me is not playing the objective either?

Playing defensivley to me is, HP or HQ, in a building with a shotgun in the corner, that is protecting the objective, providing diversions and cover fire whilst 1 person runs in CTF, again that is strategy.

I find that there are just way to many kids on this game with no intelligence that troll and rage quit, rather than saying GG and maybe watching the game back to learn new tactics they bi*ch and moan and cry camper 'cos they lost.

Regards Apocalypse

• 15. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Izjar11

I like how you view the opportunistic option vs the strategic option. Great response though H1 thanks

• 16. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    ghamorra

That's typically how it goes. Finall killcam could show me getting 3-4 kills all by people running straight for the objective with no regard to what's around them. I'll shoot the first three and the fourth still won't look up at me. It's sad, camping is merely an excuse to justify poor gameplay

• 17. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Highwayman0226

I agree with you on your definition of a camper.  The camp/kill/move thing is a good stradegy if you have lag working against you, or just don't like running around the whole time.  I'm actually ok with someone hiding behind a desk if they have a UAV up and there are 2 dots closing in on thier location. Is it annoying?  Hell yes... It would be stupid though for them to run out of the building and take 2 guys on in the street, when he can just ads on the doorway and get 2 easy kills.  Annoying?  Yes...Smart playing, absolutely.

• 18. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    Highwayman0226

"G is a camper!  He killed me!  He should've been down here face to face with all 4 of us instead of shooting us from the side as we move around the board like ducks in a shooting gallery!"  Pay a little more attentioin, and the "camper" will have a harder time.

• 19. Re: Excuses vs Calling someone a camper!
    ghamorra

Highwayman0226 wrote:

Pay a little more attentioin, and the "camper" will have a harder time.

It's not even that, just slow down. I rarely camp in the same spot the whole match, and honestly if they put a pedometer on me I'd probably more way more than the average player in the lobby. What apparently get's me labeled a camper is that I'm smarter and often times know when an enemy's coming and prepare myself. That's all there is to it

1 2 3 4 Previous Next