13 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2012 2:37 PM by Aecetym RSS

new to zombies. few questions ?

Lunar---tick

Hi,

**in tranzit at the diner the mystery box slammed shut twice on me after taking my money. first was a war machine and second was an LMG. as i said the box slammed shut and wouldnt let me get them. Just asking as it's never happened before to me!!

** any info on stategy would be helpful also, mostly playing random players that go all directions. For example say i build a riot shield and they all piss off on the bus leaving you alone. Is it best to give up building **** and staying with the other players or trying to go alone in those circumstances? I'm finding alot of the time when i give up on that and try join the others i end up with crap guns and no money, then it's basically just a **** fight to get back on top of the game. whereas if i stick to my plan initially and go alone i tend to have better game

** also as i said, new to zombies so still learning. I seem to be hitting a wall at around level 12 on average. Any tips on managing my money, weapons, perks choices would be great. i'm starting to figure out lining up the zombies to minimize ammo which is a start i guess but i need to get smarter or more effecient somehow.

Anyway my main question was regarding the mystery box, incase nobody feels like sharing advice regarding tips which is fine.

cheers

• Re: new to zombies. few questions ?
    OakLaNdRaiDeRs21

The box probably slammed shut it somebody threw an Emp grenade at it. As for staying alive, most people form zombie trains, which would be gathering a large group by running circles. There are several YouTube videos that show how to do it, and with a little practice you should be able to run perfect trains soon.

CodyTheGreat

1: Get Juggernog

2: Don't always rely on the box. An SMG is a great way to build points and you can buy ammo off the wall for cheap.

3. The new double tap essentially doubles the power of your weapons as it shoots 2 bullets instead of one so it is pretty great to have.

The first 3-4 rounds you can make some good points. In these rounds what I do is point whore. You get 40 bullets in the starting gun so that's 400 points right there try hold on to the starting pistol till at least round 10 will explain WHY in a min (I would pap it normally but it's up to you). Windows in the first round will also give you 40 points 4 boards. The damage zombies take is incremented each round so the first round they can take 5 bullets to kill but you'll get the min ponts for just using bullets.

Try stab as much as you can to maximise your points remember you'll get 130 for a stab kill on x2 points that's 260 each kill. Don't get nukes early on, if you have the choice, unless the round has less than 3 or 4 zombie left. When insta kill is on STAB unless theres a massive hoard, don't waste ten bullets on 1 zombie, 1 bullet on each zombie will kill! sometimes if there lined up right 1 bullet can kill 4-5 zombies. Remember stab when you can. When you do stab remember to pull back away from the zombies to avoid being double ***** slapped. So that's stab and walk backwards button...

As soon as you can get jug. If on tranzit/farm get the mp5 first before box you can get lots of points off this gun and it's decent. KEEP starting gun for when double points are on if you've full ammo in it thats 1600 points. Reload before picking up max ammo and tell teammates to do the same if you use a mic which is incredible useful.

Each round the damage zombies take is incremented will list first 4 rounds.

Round1: 3 bullets to chest one stab you can do a max 4 boards from a window.  That's 160 points each kill and 40 from a window.

Round2: 5-6 chest and a stab... Do math.

Round3: 8 chest and stab...

Round 4: 12 bullets one stab assuming you got a max ammo

If you let the zombies in on these rounds you get drops ammo x2 points nukes insta kills.

The galvaknuckles are a one hit kill till round 14. And you stab much quicker with a pistol or ray gun. If there's crawlers stab them instead of wasting bullets on them. Double tab is a must along with slight of hand and jug. If you have monkeys don't waste them all keep at least 2 for when someone goes down.

If you head shot a zombie stab it if you can you'll get 130 points instead 100.

I could type more but that's the most basic I can think of.

25000 points from the bank on round 1 will be enough to open every door, get the knucks, 4 perks(jugg,stamin-up,speed cola,dub tap), claymores, Semtex, and a wall weapon or box rip. All you need is 1750 points to turn on power and open bank door.. That is knifing all zombies on round 1 leaving 1 walker plus 4 shots.

Aecetym

First Q

EMPs, your buddies screwed u over when u went for the box they cancelled it with the EMP grenade. Real ass move and I myself would not accept this of any friend or random player in my game.

2nd & 3th Q

The 2 go hand in hand. U need points to get what u want and to get the where u want. The best way to get loads of points in the beginning is by doing this.

-Round 1: 6 bullets in chest and knife = 190-200 points what is the max amount u can get on round 1

-Round 2: 1 full clip (to keep it easy) and knife = 220 points but is not the max amount u can get on that round, u need to find ballance between pointwhoring and keeping it fun.

-Round 3: 1 and a half mag + knife, what means with 3 mags u can kill 2 zombies

-round 4: 2 full clips in the chest and knife

-round 5: u should be in the dinner already

After that u need a gun and start shooting to the jugg. Also don't miss the bus, if that means u have to go on round 3 so be it. Later on the game u should be able to run around without needing the bus at all.

As for points lot of ppl freak on noobguns like the raygun, terrible gun. Get a good leadsprayer and try to Rtrain a few zombies, and later on try training more and more. If u don't know what a Rtrain is it's just letting the zombies pile up behind u as u walk circles and with the leadsprayer u shoot and them all, this means 10x amount of bullets x amount of zombie each bullet goes through = $$$.

Knifing tip, try when u knife u jump back away from the zombie so if he hits u u at least just out of rang.

wridtrvlr

In Tranzit, I go it alone and let everyone else worry about the power and galva knuckles.  I can get those later and I'd rather build up points.  What I do, is jump on the bus when it leaves the Depot.  Then get off under the bridge, where the hidden pieces: Jet Engine and Board can be found.  There you have the wonderful M16.  A great wall weapon until around round 20.  Stick to that area for a couple of rounds at the beginning, then make your rounds once you have enough points and gather your perks, galva knuckles, and hit the box if you want to. 

Then head back to the underpass, and stay there until the game is over. 

For any other map, ie Survival or Grief, stick with your mates and grab the most powerful wall gun you can as soon as possible.  Yes, the box is nice, BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!!  And you can get any gun that your team mate pulls out, so it's not like you are missing out on the opportunity to grab a wonder weapon. 

Once you've established yourself, you need to learn to stick to an area and run your trains.  The most successful way for me, is to choose the area with the most spawn points (that way I get the most points/kills/headshots/grenade kills, etc.) and make sure a team mate is running in an area that is fairly close, you don't want to go down and not get revived because you were too far from everyone.  

wridtrvlr

In Tranzit, I go it alone and let everyone else worry about the power and galva knuckles.  I can get those later and I'd rather build up points.  What I do, is jump on the bus when it leaves the Depot.  Then get off under the bridge, where the hidden pieces: Jet Engine and Board can be found.  There you have the wonderful M16.  A great wall weapon until around round 20.  Stick to that area for a couple of rounds at the beginning, then make your rounds once you have enough points and gather your perks, galva knuckles, and hit the box if you want to. 

Then head back to the underpass, and stay there until the game is over. 

For any other map, ie Survival or Grief, stick with your mates and grab the most powerful wall gun you can as soon as possible.  Yes, the box is nice, BUT IT WILL ALWAYS BE THERE!!  And you can get any gun that your team mate pulls out, so it's not like you are missing out on the opportunity to grab a wonder weapon. 

Once you've established yourself, you need to learn to stick to an area and run your trains.  The most successful way for me, is to choose the area with the most spawn points (that way I get the most points/kills/headshots/grenade kills, etc.) and make sure a team mate is running in an area that is fairly close, you don't want to go down and not get revived because you were too far from everyone.  

Lunar---tick

WOW, some realy helpful tips from everybody. Thankyou. So it seems someone was playing silly buggers with my mystery box. Next time someone does that i'll just cook a grenade and blow them up. Haha!

Regarding the bank, i'll experiment with that. Any short cuts from various locations to town? I'll focus more on wall weapons too rather than the mystery box. Also what do you guys mean by "hit the box"? Sorry if this is a silly question

Aecetym

hit the box = get a gun out of the box, but don't boxwhore as that is pointless and a waist on early rounds.

Between dinner and farm there is a shortcut to town, but if the power is off that means the perks also don't work, u can put a turbine at them but they turn off when u take the turbine away. Note to that the shortcut is in the mist so it's a bit harder to find. If u run from the dinner to farm and want to take the shortcut take a left as soon as u see a (burned out/broken) truck and u should find a patch going next to the church (should be on your left). Follow that one and u should end up in town.

Wallgun can save u in early round but become weaker and weaker on higher rounds. If u wanna Rtrain and use wallguns for limitless ammo make sure u got double tap (= 1 bullet become 2 so double damage + higher ROF). But I would go more for boxguns, like I said the wallguns are kinda weak.