16 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2012 8:35 AM by zvers RSS

One thing has changed for the better

Out

I have noticed peoples attitudes are not as hostile/rude on BO2 as they were on MW3 ....

I am not saying Azzholes are not present, there are a few

I thought when i saw the Mute all function ......way to go that is the best option yet

But i have found i dont need it as much on BO2

I find a few more rude people on TDM, than other modes but not a lot more,

Maybe i have just been lucky for the most part with the players i am running into, or has the Lag monster now got most people gun shy of making rude comments

• Re: One thing has changed for the better
    phxs72

My guess would be that it has more to do with Christmas not being here yet.  I was suprised how many people in my clan already have BO2 but I would imagine that we will get a surge of new people once Christmas arrives and that may alter the community.  Hopefully not because it is nice to not have to listen to as much trash talk as was present in MW3.

rlbl

I always find the 1st couple of weeks playing the new game is the most enjoyable (from a community in game perspective).

Everyone is friendly, because everyone is feeling their way around. People answer questions and openly discuss their opinions on the game.

Then you get a few people who seem to know what they are doing, and the "Ima gonna pwn u sucka" trash talk starts to fly.  T

...you know the honeymoon is over.

And then XMAS comes around and 5 year olds start singing Justin Bieber off key and everything goes to hell.

Out

It would be nice to think the honeymoon could last a little longer

and i had to laugh at the comment about kids singing Justin Bieber .......

when i run into lobbies like this i keep a few OLD country songs handy on my cellphone  from artist like, Jim Reeves, Stonewall Jackson or some early Johnny Cash.....play a few lines and LMAO at the comments that come afterwards ...like my Granddad listened to that Sh&t ...i just grin because i am a granddad

So yes i am old enough to remember all these guys topping the country charts

Jim Reeves is my fave singer and I'm only 37, and from UK.

Had never heard of him till mid 90's. My Nan used to always talk about him so bought her a Jim Reeves CD and have been hooked ever since. Best singing voice ever in my opinion. Smooth velvet voice. Don't get singers like that anymore.

Izjar11

I have noticed peoples attitudes are not as hostile/rude on BO2 as they were on MW3 ...

I've noticed the same from BO and BO2, a good thing. Playing with people who enjoy the game, makes the experience fun. Having to deal with jerks / a-holes / those who are messing around on purpose / name calling ruin it quickly.

Perkadelic

"mute my team" would be better. i like to hear the other team cry.

h1r0l3r

I think you're just lucky. I'm pretty much forced to Mute All every single lobby I get thrown into. Most of the time I hear people going at it with all the homophobic/racial slurs being thrown out there. Then there's the loser trolls who simply have to talk trash in every match about the most mundane things. Then there's the stalkers who glance at everyones stats in the lobby before ranting about K/D this, W/L that, etc, etc.

Thank goodness for the Mute All button. I even have to mute my own clan members at times.

ChestSplittah

So far I can say that the mute all feature is the best functioning thing about Black OpsII.

Am I imagining this and you can call me a noob if this is a known feature, but when you kill someone on the other side and they have a mic and have not been muted, I hear a few secs of that person's chatter?

It's usually just enough to hear 'Ah ****!'. And it's definitely not my teamates because we are all Welsh and it'll be a Scot or English guy.