25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2012 5:46 AM by Th3SiLeNcE RSS

DING DONG! Belltower Blues

LordPookums

I posted several items and a topic earlier on some theories for possible additional EE content. Now I have a question, and perhaps it would lead somewhere if players got creative.

Every location in the map seems to have something small associated with it whether that be a transport light, construction piece, or purchaseable item.

However, one location that seems to elude me, is the church and the belltower. It has an entire path dedicated to it...leading into even the town, and yet no one seems to have found anything there. (I suppose the collapsed train could be another, but thats right at the power station, so it could be simply an extension of the power plant.)

Standing at the edge of town near the tower does nothing, and you cannot climb up. However, I recently played a game searching at the church, and could not discover anything or get up on the platform to open the doors.

All i noticed is that if you stand next to it, that the church bell rings every once in awhile. Has anyone found any use whatsoever for this? Why have a noise and a location with its OWN PATH, and yet lack significance. IT seems to me this path or church must have something attached to it.

I tried to run backwards across the map, and did manage to go through the town -> plant ->farm -> church -> town one time...but unfortunately the power i had off and thus no juggernogg and ended up dying from zombies in the fog.

When I did this, I did notice that there was a very strong WIND sound that became so strong you couldn't hear anything else in the game, but that might merely be a design artifact where wind occurs in the fog from time to time and grows stronger.

I tried letting the church bell ring 7-8 times before running into town, but nothing happened.

Its possible running backwards across the whole map + tunnel, might do something. However that is much more difficult, unlikely one could do it on their own.

Any thoughts?

• Re: DING DONG! Belltower Blues

Doesn't the Jet gun make you hover ? Have you tried using it to get up onto the Church platform ?

LordPookums

Another thought. The semtex grenade door is near the church. Perhaps semtex relates to the church? Blow the doors open or through the porthole maybe.

Does anyone know if claymores planted next to TEDD and set off aimed at him will blow him off his perch.

Just some ideas while thinking about ways to update the church/belltower.

Another clue floating around is it has to be broken down before it can be built up or something like that.

Everyone says the water tower but if you look at that church the top is broke and kind of slanted.

Maybe it's the church that has to be destroyed with the war machine or something.

I'm more than likely wrong but since these clues or tips surfaced they got me thinking of all different things.

I for one really hope there is more to tranzit.

YOU MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING THERE. I've noticed when accidentaly doing the fog glitch that there was a broken side in the top of the church not only that but for somereason it had a blueish glow/tint to it. The non packapunched  war machine is an utterly useless weapon, but I think it would have enough force to launce a grenade into that height. Along those lines, has anyone ever attempted to packapunch a war machine twice with EMP's in your invo, perhaps it will end up launching those. All this is speculation but may be worth a try.

MultiColt

the entire map in its self seems like a clock to me with the bus driver being the hand. however he is going counterclockwise so not shur what to do about that. also why does the clock in the bank have no hands?

The no hands on the clock in the bank has been on my mind a while now.

The clocks seem important in the map yet the one in the bank is blank.

No time shown at all.

I don't think they just forgot to put the hands on it.

Also the open vent in the power room left of the switch is odd.

Why isn't it just a window for zombies.

Why leave it open like that.

SeNsEs

There's nothing inside the church there are videos out showing the inside, but why the bell still goes off confuses the **** out of me

For the 100000th time... just because someone glitched in and nothing was there means NOTHING.  the PAP room isnt there either until you open it.  Sorry if i come across as a ****, but i just get tired of saying it...

Even tho there's a chance there's nothing in the church it doesn't mean you can't interact with it or destroy it.

It still might have something to do with the ee.

After all it does dong

SeNsEs

Yea that's what confuses me where's the power coming from to make the bell go off, has anyone dragged the electric zombie to the church and tried messing with him around there?

the piles of glass ont eh ground have some significance.  They are only in the locations where there are clocks.  they have a gold glow, and there is broken glass on the tranzit loading screen.  Not many have noticed but in order to get the beams at laudny you have to be standing on the glass and ads at the door.

Not that Ive seen.  I keep hearing people suggest it, but never DO it.

SeNsEs

Maybe get the jet gun and suck up the electric zomb at the church door then use the gun again and maybe it has a temporary boost in power and u use it as a battering ram and knocks the door over, then prove me wrong about nothing being in there. That was a joke don't get butt hurt cuz I suggested something and never tried it

The church definitely seems to have something to do with all this.  Nobody ever mentions the boarded up window on the side of the building which looks like zombies come out of.  Why have such a random boarded up window in the middle of the mist?