4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2012 5:23 PM by undzis RSS

The gimp perk vs the super perk. How does this make sense?

undzis

Why do ppl feel that ghost is overpowered and needs to req you to run to get it to work when no other perk has a req to it?  Everybody seems to think though engineer is just fine though.  Or at least nobody is complaining about it.  Engineer allows you to see enemy equipment, reroll a care package, booby trap stolen enemy care packages, delay claymores and bouncing betties. All this from one perk.  Yet some how this super perk is ok but simply hiding from a UAV isn't?  This doesn't make any  sense to me.  What are your thoughts?

• Re: The gimp perk vs the super perk. How does this make sense?
    DarkHero13

People were sick of camping. Engineer is merely another anti-camper utility (Care Packages aside).

I've known Engineer was OP since day 1 and never complained. I just use it and so do all my friends.

undzis

IDK how you can call engineer an anti camping tool.  it does nothing to stop campers.  Also ghost req you to run, still doesn't stop camping. Campers are still gonna camp though. Regardless of what you do.  It only really hurts ppl that are using it to flank with stealth and snipers.  The maps cater to camping regardless of the perks.  But yall are kinda missing my point. How is ghost so over powered when ALL it does is hide you from a uav?  Yet engineer is totally fine with its arsenal of tricks.  This makes no sense imo.  Everybody saying ghost is so bad, op and needs nerf.  Are you telling me you NEED a radar and red dots to chase to be good and get kills?  What happened to just being aware of your surrounding?  I totally disagree with any perk req something to work. But dont get me wrong i play hc and its far less of an impact on us then in core.  Its just the arguments just seam very weak at best.  To be honest it just seams to me that ppl rather have crutches and force ppl to play certain ways so that it makes it easy for them and requiring less actual skill.