28 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2012 6:02 AM by SanAndreasPsycho RSS

How to play COD...

Lag.

Camp.

Head Glitch.

Run around and beat SMG's with a pistol.

Group up with similar players.

This franchise has always been lame.

Am I mad bro? Hell yea! Mad that there's nothing better out to play... Resistance, SOCOM, MAG... Those games took skill. Not like this crap.

Playing for hours trying to break even, and then getting one game where I own and get all my streaks is not my idea of fun.

• Re: How to play COD...
    Sixaxis

>Resistance & Socom

>Took skill

LoL. Although, I never played MAG so I wouldn't know about that one. But the only mode in this game (Other than certain modes in Party Games) that really takes skill is Search & Destroy. It's the best mode in this game and (other than the lag) runs flawless as far as strategy, skill and gameplay goes.

Resistance 1 took skill. Not sure about 2 & 3 because I didn't have time to play 2 online, and 3 looked weak because they lowered the player count to 16 max.

SOCOM was a total camper game, but it did take skill to move around and get kills.

The whole point about skill is... More health plus less aim assist = Skill. Not these quick lag and camper kills that people think is skill. It's not.

Sixaxis

It's why my main class is anti-camper. Turn a corner and see someone prone? THROWS C4 FLYING AT THEM AND DOUBLE-TAPS TO KILL THEM BEFORE I DIE (Sometimes even if I die in the process). Saw a red dot on the map earlier in a space that looks enclosed? THROWS CONCUSSION IN THE AREA THEN RUNS INTO ENCLOSED SPACE AND TACTICAL KNIFE TO THE SKULL. That is, when I actually decide to hang out in those modes. The low health thing is annoying though, but not enough people complaining about it = no increase.

Noobs want low health because they want easy kills. COD is a noob game.

At least it's fun when they're all noobs... The longer the game is out, the more everyone starts to camp. It's getting really lame just like all the other ones.

C4 kills are pretty sweet though.

You just gotta be faster is all. I pretty much use the tac45 or the crossbow only. Half the kids that play this game don't realize I'm their enemy because of cold blooded. I can't count the number of times I snuck up behind a camper and stuck him with a bolt and then ran past the rest of their team without dying.  And as for COD being a noob game, yeah, there's a shitton of cowards that play this game, so just man up and sillykill them, crossbow style. Or cook frags and suicide them, they never expect it.

And it should be low health because who, realistically speaking, could take ANY bullet anywhere in the torso more than like, 5 times. (Except 50 Cent, who apparently was shot 9 times? I'm not sure on that, but I think I heard that somewhere.)

Low health might be realistic, but it doesn't take as much skill as games that have more reaction time.

This whole "be faster" gameplay is not about skill, it's about being on meth.

being faster does take skill. I've managed to circle maps, get behind the enemy team and take most of them with just a pistol and a knife.

and any game that uses low health gives you less reaction time, which requires more skill. At this point it's just about being smarter than your opponents. If they camp, go around their field of vision, or go overkill and bomb the hell out of them.... or camp back at them from where they won't expect, since they probably aren't paying attention to most of the obstacles that could be used as cover.

Personally I think the health is fine. If I can pump 10 assault rifle rounds into someone and they live that's almost too much health (HC is better).
                    And campers? one attachment gets rid of that: FMJ. Seriously just shoot through the walls. also tossing in a cooked frag or C4.

Well, that would obviouly work if you know where the camper is, but so would a lot of other stuff too like drop shotting.

The whole point about the camp complaint is that you don't know where they are because they could be anywhere, and by the time you see them, it's too late to do anything.

I would own campers in Resistance because my acuracy was so good. That was real skill. Or in SOCOM, being able to deek a camper and out shoot him. That's skill. This game, you never have time unless you are right at a corner and manage to take cover before instant death.

If they're camping just use your killcam to see where they are. If they've moved by that time it's not really camping

SillySaxon wrote:

If they're camping just use your killcam to see where they are. If they've moved by that time it's not really camping

It is camping. Camping is when you wait for someone to come to you. It doesn't matter if they change spots everytime they get a kill... It's still camping.

Don't agree? Then let's just use the new Ghost to decide what camping is. Whenever Ghost doesn't work, you're camping.

of course you'd know where they are after the first time they killed you. If they don't move, they're dumb. If you don't check your corners by using tactical equipment or engineer (because more often than not campers surround themselves with mines) then you're dumb (not you personally, anyone that gets frustrated at campers). Again, it just comes down to one player being smarter than the other... I mean, I get killed alot, but if some chump is going to hide in a corner, i'm not going to rush them the same way, I'm going to go around them, maybe confuse them by running one way while shooting then turn around to get behind them. It's the art of war.

I lose more to lag than campers... I've just noticed people start to camp more lately now that they know the spawn and choke points. It pretty pathetic.

What I consider camping is when someone sits on Demo on Nuketown with a LMG with Target finder and stands at the edge of the buss or truck and just destroys the entire team as they come out of the spawn over and over again. Not a lot to be done about that.n,

I sit and wait around corners a lot and I can tell you that the ones who just run by without checking a corner get killed all the time and the ones who are careful and toss in a flashbang or something and then sprint in pointing at the corner get me almost every time. That's the best strategy.

Most people think you either camp or run and SMG and that sorta works overall but its the ones who are constantly changing their pace throughout the round that get the best scores. When I sick to just one pace I'm middle or last, if I adjust I often have many captures and a KD over 2:1

I'll bet they toss a flash at you because they either have a UAV up, or someone on your team gave away your position. Most of the time, the guy who is aiming already will beat the guy who has to stop and aim. That's why camping (short term camping whatever) is so much easier than being the guy checking corners. Also, head glitch spots are much easier to camp at because there's not much to shoot at when only your head is sticking out.

I agree that changing pace gets you a better score. But even then I don't change my pace that often, I just change my tactics. I pretty much leeroy jenkins type rush on TDM the entire time, more often than not I use one loadout:

tac45 w/ fmj

perk greed 2 and 3

lightweight, scavenger, coldblooded, dexterity and engineer

with this, if my team is winning or losing, I'm atleast at a 1 kdr. and if not 1st on my team than second or third. 

Yeah, if i used that on any objective based game besides domination i'd be screwed, but i'm usually versatile enough with that to avoid mines and sneak up on the enemy while rushing them like there was no tomorrow.

The maps don't exactly help either,

"Drone".

Run up the middle, Snipers at either end

Run through the buildings, campers at either end

Run though the otherside, campers on the buildings

"Overflow" - Same as Drone, three path's littered with camping/head glitch spots.

"Raid" - Similar set up but a little more open so a feeling of not being trapped.

"Meltdown" - Same three paths

"Standoff" - Feels like about the only map which doesn't send you down choke points.

I can see what the map designers were trying to do, create these maps which had conflict zones meaning lots of kills and actions. But what it's done is made the games predictable and a camping, head glitching killfest...

COD has always made the worst maps. Instead of large open areas with objects to take cover behind, they make narrow alleys with head glitch spots at each end.

Yeah, the only thing I liked about battlefield were the maps. If COD could mimic those maps even just a little it would improve gameplay. Definitely don't make them as large, but make it large enough that the mil dots on the sniper scopes actually serve a purpose.

OMG if more people had just played MAG. Best maps ever! (Even though SVER maps were way OP for the defenders).

that and it doesn't hurt to have like 100 people on your team. I was gunna get that game but when I checked it was more dead than CS1.6, but anyone that plays that now is definitely hacking for the fun of it.

Well, a game wouldn't start unless both teams had the minimum amount of players (a little over 3/4 the max). That's why now you'll only get a game of suppression or sabotage (least players needed). The best games were obviously the domination (256 players) which is dead, RIP. It was so awesome while it lasted, but Sony did a terrible job at marketing and COD had most of the fps fanbase already.

Still, I'm really hoping for a MAG 2 (or something similar by Zipper) when the next gen consoles come out.

rumasika

mag had way more campers than cod.... maps was good... moving and shootin was terrible on ps3...

I guess that's a matter of opinion. The defending team pretty much always camped, but it was much easier to kill a camper because...

Movement and aim took skill. There was no aim assist which made the game great. You also had enough health to take cover and heal yourself, which increase the skill requirement for getting kills.