25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2012 10:08 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

To JeepChick

KoRny1

Please stop locking threads, and then linking Activision posts as a referense. We have all read those posts and they don't actually address our concerns. If Activision wants to give us a post that actually acknowledges the issues we bring up, then please, by all means lock redundant threads and guide us to this post.

Giving us a post about the matchmaking process, and then not responding to any of the questions we follow up with is not helpful.  These forums are for discussion...when does Activision actually discuss on here?

• Re: To JeepChick
    gdexter

I believe the term you are looking for is "community discussion".

As a mod, I am pretty sure they can patrol and "modify" the forums as much as they like within their rules and guidances

PerEverto13

Jeepchick is about as close of an official response as you will get. Also telling her how to perform her duties is simply funny, you cant go into mcsonalds and tell them you want your burger medium rare. They have company policy and guidelines they MUST adhere to.

As far as locking threads goes most of the time i see why fox or jeep does it. Some not so much but i am not privy to there guidelines so can not judge. I do agree that there is a major lack of interface between acti/3arc and the community. Although i agree on that front i kind of understand why. Look at how many uneducated purely obnoctious posts they would uave to sift through simply to try to find a diacussion worthy of contributing to.

Also expect her to lock or delete this thread as well...

TAERNOR

Well said

There has been absolutly no help from Treyarch or the mod's regaurding the amount of lag that numerous player's are having with this game

Perhap's if they would at least respond on the forum's reguarding the lag and it's beening looked into would be a start and stop puting up pointless links they are of no use

But hey i aint going to hold my breath

Think I've seen Vahn post on here ONCE ! when the game was released and the discussion was locked ! They just want to stick their heads in the sand and deny anythings wrong ! :/

They only know if their feelings would be hurt or they're being judged in any way and so they deem it as negative, harassment or otherwise and lock, remove or ultimately ban you from these forums. I've emailed Activision numerous cases of favoritism of a person with a lot of posts and they've yet to respond to one. It's clear that for the most part the "Mods" on this forums either don't thoroughly read posts, or lock and/or remove things they just don't like (emotionally). They take things a little too personal on here. Forums are a place for discussion, and unless it's polled by say, 20 or 50 people (negative) it shouldn't be locked and/or removed.

- Younique

p.s. I'll get banned for the 6th time for this thread! See you guys on another name.

gdexter

This is a community discussion forum, not a help or technical support forum.

If you want that, contact Treyarch, Activision or Vahn directly via email or twitter

gdexter wrote:

This is a community discussion forum, not a help or technical support forum.

If you want that, contact Treyarch, Activision or Vahn directly via email or twitter

Oh believe me, I have, and have yet to have any response.

Proof in the pie? You clearly didn't read either the full thread or my post. I'm merely backing and giving reason as to why they move and/or lock threads.

I rest my case your Honor

- Younique

KoRny1

gdexter is just as bad as jeeptrick. Posts a suggestion about what you should do, even though he (and everyone else) know full well it won't do any good.  Why even post it?  Email Activision? lol all you will get back is a generic computer generated response.

Cable99

Listen to gdexter, for his words are wise.

Your statement above makes it sound as if we would get anything other than a automotive response, if were lucky. If people don't believe set items in the game are an issues they will not look at them and there for the subject is DEAD.

I had to laugh at this due to some one in my living room who has just had his account banned saying some very unpolite things about set individuals and companies lol.

That house "Raid" is pretty dope though ey?

Nice 1 Vahn enjoy your boat too.

At least with Fox, i feel he is fair and gives opportunity for the discussion to develop as long as there is no belittling derogatory comments. In my opinion Jeep doesnt allocate the same respect.You know the minute you see her name next to a post...its locked. And this one will be deleted. Once again, my opinion.

asystole

While the moderator has a job to do, and is well within the forum guidelines to do so, there is obviously a problem shared by many players. Coming in out of the blue and locking every thread is creating more tension. Many of the threads being locked are not distributing hate. This is obviously the only outlet these players have to vent frustration at the system.

Blops1 had a lenghty discussion from the developer regarding changing the points award for kills in second chance. They gave a significant timeframe to comment for it or against it. Then the developers explained what was going to be done.

If you want to quiet the mob, it may help to get something from 3arch directly.

"we see that some players are having issues after following our suggestions. We are looking into it"

That goes a lot further than locking every thread like you are stomping on a bug.

Just saying...

I'm not going to write any more long thought out threads or replies. They don't last long enough to justify my effort.

mjw3786

Yeah this forum has become a joke. Instead of actively responding to issues or attempting to fix them, they pretend they're all in our heads and lock threads where people with similar issues are discussing and trying to find solutions on their own.

If you fixed the issues, we wouldn't be here complaining.

PerEverto13

This forum is far from a joke. It is a great place to learn from other espierences and knowledge of tech support as well as a great place for the CoD community to network amongst themselves. The only thing that adds any credibility to your statement of it is a joke are the hordes of self entitled folks who come here demanding things or who simply use it as a places to bash on each other as well as the devs. While we will not all agree all of the time, there is a proper and inappropriate ways of handling these instances. Sadly most as of late have been taking the latter option.

As i have said i agree there should be more communication between 3arc/acti than currently occurs, can you blame them for not wanting to collect information from a bunch of self entitled first graders? I honestly cant, but this is disheartening to all of us qho wish to use these forums in the manner they were intended.

What we all have to remember here is that we simply have to tone down are frustrations and present them in a manner a multibillion dollar industry/company would be willing to respond to. Whether that response is written here on the forums or simply aplied to the end result the game. I dont think any of us would care which way they responded. The lqck of response is whay has all of us frustrated. But that frustration and the manner in which we express it is a big factor in how we are treated. If we all could just keep that in mind perhaps we could get somewhere.

SheSaidNo

Censorship.  It's a discussion board but it's still on their site and servers.  So they pretty much have all the rights to close and block things they don't want read by others.  I agree with vocalizing all the problems with this game and I defninitely agree about continually bringing them up until it's addressed.  But I can see it from a business standpoint for them to try and stop as many of the bad press items that possible customers can read.

Foxhound-Pro

First and foremost I want to point people to two threads.

1. Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines
    2. Code of Conduct

The first is going to supplement the latter, but both immediately affect how you post and both display what we expect from the community.

Us locking threads which are duplicates of others or share the same subject is not "squashing a bug." It's unifying your voice, the community voice, into a single thread with the hopes that clear and concise discussion will happen.

This is a practice that you will find across most, if not all, forums across the Internet. It isn't some relatively new thing. We've been doing this since CharlieOscarDelta.

We understand that some of you lot are frustrated. If we had more content to offer, then we would. We however don't. In the sake of maintaining the community, we offer what we can and we attempt to better the situation by redirecting to existing, relevant discussion or forwarding you to a source of information. You may not like or appreciate this, but it is the extent of our limited abilities and scope.

If you feel that you need to contact developers directly, then please do so. Other channels will allow you to have a somewhat unrestricted discussion. Here though we have our rules and we will enforce them.

I also see a few users here who have been banned before. Yes, you will be banned again. As you continue to violate our Code of Conduct and continue down your path of disruptive and inflammatory posting habits, then we will continue to ban you without remorse.

Folks, concerning the above. Don't allow yourself to enter a state where any constructive discussion that you could add is laced with profanities, obscenities or attacks against your peers. Many people feel that they have a "freedom of speech," better described as a false sense of "freedom from responsibility," that allows them to post unsavory and hostile things. You can't and shouldn't. Not only does it make you look juvenile, but it disrupts and devalues the input of your surrounding peers. Tie this back to the first two linked threads. If you violate those, then we will ban you dependent on the action you have taken.

In closing I want to address something regarding your posts. We have the absolute right to alter, remove or delete your content. We only do this when content you post violates the above two governing bodies or other specific governing text. We do this, again, to unify discussion when possible. In some cases we will prevent you from discussing certain topics, but those are limited to very specific set of instances. If you do not agree with our governing text or how our forum runs, then please feel free to leave as noted in the Code of Conduct.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II

TL;DR
    1. We actively close and condense discussion to unify your voice.
    2. We have the Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines and Code of Conduct which dictate how we feel about repeated content.
    3. Those of you who were banned, but do not change your disruptive or inflammatory ways will continue to be banned.
    4. We do have the right to modify your content at our discretion. Text can be found here: Code of Conduct.
    5. If you do not agree with our policies or approach, then please feel free to leave.