18 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 9:52 AM by theroc23 RSS

Nevermind...

Please don't bump this.

• Re: Why campers have always had a huge advantage in COD...
    ghamorra

You've got to be joking, based on your logic (hitting moving targets) rushers would have a bigger advantage because the very nature of a rusher is to move around. Thus aim assist would benefit them far more.

This is, by far, the stupidest thread ever made

Jaliy

If u die to a camper twice u r not good at this game

Don't blame aim assist

Psycho i respect the opinion but disagreed with the post. I feel we as console players need aim assist for 2 reasons. first fps feels natural on keyboard and mouse because you can make precise movements easier than on pad. Its like playing a fighter like SF4 or Tekken on pad than a joystick. dont get me wrong theyre great people that play on pad for cod and fighting games that are great. but its still its native controller.second it makes it easier for everyone to pick up who are not hardcore like some of us.we all know if the average joe dont pick it up we dont get no sequels. Last but not least on a average 12 player room its like a good 2 players that camp the rest are gonna be fire fights which means both of yall are using the aim assist unless u you get the look on them first.

Jaggajatt187

My question is why are you using a PS3 controller on PC? The mouse and keyboard allow for the most accuracy period...maybe your getting owned by campers because they're using a mouse and keyboard.

SnipinDB
    It just makes it way easier for them to hit their target, which removes the chances of the person who is moving.

I agree.

The main issue I would have is that the laser sight would be by far the best attachment.

Console needs limited aim assist. It plays fine on “off” just less forgiving, you need to actually aim yourself constanty. As it should be. If you can't get on target you don’t deserve the kill anyway, especially with the current recoil stats.

Removing / limiting aim assist would see people with more gun skill (that includes strafing / jumping ect which would become harder as well) and people with better fast accuracy / aim win more gun battles, playing defensively would still be effective, but at least the man doing so would have to be good at aiming and staying on target. The game wouldn’t be all about who see’s who first (next to connection). Player movement & fast accurate aim should play a far greater role.

They need to remove flinch as well as that helps pre-aimers a lot too, to a point a better player can’t react all too often.

• Limit Flinch (toughness as a perk should counter it completely imo) or remove it & toughness. Cod4 / waw didn’t have it
    • Limit aim assist for all players (as it plays on off on console, limited)
    • Remove the Laser sight, mms and Target Finder
    • Limbs should do 20 damage for all reg guns & torso shots should give 1.1 multiplier & head and neck 1.2. (not necessary just saying that the damage modules could need some work)
    • Matchmaking purely on ping quality and region only for big game modes

& There we have skill based cod

Highwayman0226

I haven't really noticed aim assist helping much when I'm ADS waiting for someone to come around the corner.  If anything, a lot of times, the aim assist will pull my red dot OFF target, and never locks on.  I'm sure I've benefited from it while running.  I've made some crazy shots spinning around that I'm fine giving aim assist credit for.  I've been meaning to turn it off just to see the difference, but keep forgetting about it.

Harv72

Highwayman0226 wrote:

If anything, a lot of times, the aim assist will pull my red dot OFF target, and never locks on.

This.  The worst is when you're trying to kill the guy who's actually in a position to shoot back at you, but it keeps tugging you over to the guy crouched in front of him but facing the opposite direction.  And heaven help you if two people are an equal distance away from you, but spaced several inches apart on your screen...it's going to aim assist you right smack in the middle of that gap every time.

Harv72

Most campers can't hit a moving target anyway; they get you either by waiting in a dark corner for you to run past & then shooting you in the back, or finding a position with good line of sight over a choke point & firing into a narrow avenue of approach (when you're approaching them head-on).

Campers do not have an advantage in this game, and never really have.  They might get you once or twice in a game, more than that if you stupidly keep trying for the revenge kill, but they will rarely have a positive effect on the game's outcome for their team (and will never win an FFA match).  They're relatively easy to kill, and completely easy to avoid after the first meeting.

If it is just one camper then no problem. The problem for me is a whole team of campers that lock down the choke points and then you get screwed by the lag nonsense that you cant get good shots. I run and gun. My guns of choice are any smg.  Place me against a camper with any assault rifle with target finder and tac insert and give them a little head glitch spot and the game is unplayable.  You cant flank if the choke points are locked by head glitchers. And no, i don't suck. I have skills, think fast and am very strategic. Now mind you, this is if im rolling solo or with just 1 more player. With a full team campers stand no chance unless they are good

One of the OP's posts says it all. Playing with the ps3 controller on pc to increase accuracy.

You know what works great for head glitchers and campers? Combat axe and ballistic knife. Head over to sticks and stones, learn how to use them and listen to the whining when they get chopped up from a bank shot.

The game is equal for everyone. Same equipment, same weapons and only connections and skill seperate players.

Don't come to ps3 to whine about not having your aim assist when playing with mismatched equipment. The players that come to complain about a specific play style, weapon, or equipment are not skilled enough to counter.

theroc23

And here's why Campers DON't have an advantage in BO2, there are no less than THREE egress points in virtually every position of cover. Multiple doors and windows, and the windows all conveniently have boxes and other items outside of them that allows attackers easy access. When you do get killed by one of these campers all you have to do is wait for the ridiculous spawn system to re-spawn you just outside the door of the house the camper is in and then just approach from one of the other three egress points.